3. Butterbrodt - Brn
4. Calkins - Bing
5. Pelusi - F&M
6. Araneo - PU
Mountain Hawk
Expert

Re: EIWA Rankings Dec10

Postby know it all » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Don't believe that 197 is correct any more.

Jake is coming along nicely.
know it all
Veteran

Postby Legger » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:56 pm

[quote="Mountain Hawk"]Nothing official here, just MH musings....flame away

1. Kolodzik - PU
2. Ladnier - Harv
3. Kropman - Bing
4. Schuyler/Mele - LU
5. Furnas/Realbuto - CU
6. Wilding - Navy

1. Mattiace - Penn
2. Kasunic - AU
3. Loiseau - Drex
4. Honis - CU
5. Brucki - PU
6. Jakobsen/Weiler - LU

**** These look pretty good with the exception of 149 and 197. Obviously 197 after Jake whooped Mattiace (only 3-0 but Jake just mauled him while on top riding and almost had the cradle hooked up), and depending on what happens against Drexel (Loiseau), if Jake or Wieler go. 149 obviously Kolodzik #1. Don't know much about Kropman. I would say Ladnier and Schuyler about even.
"Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is looking."
Legger
Expert

Postby D3 for LU » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:58 pm

know it all wrote:Don't believe that 197 is correct any more.

Jake is coming along nicely.

That will change (EIWA rankings @197)... nice win for JJ... has work to do on take-downs, though.
D3
Sir? A pint of your finest ale, please!
Never Argue with an Idiot.
They'll bring you down to their level...and beat you with experience.
D3 for LU
Expert

Postby Legger » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:34 pm

**** Lehigh 197s knock off the #1 and #3 EIWA ranked guys. Jakobsen over Mattice and Weiler over Loiseau. Not half bad.
"Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is looking."
Legger
Expert

Postby LU in NJ » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:17 pm

>>>>>>>>>Hwt is missing Hofstra , who should be top ranked.

Lehigh's two guys at 197 now have wins over the three top ranked guys but Weiler has a loss to #5. Good problem for the coaches but a shame one of the two will miss the post season.

Lehigh 27-8 over #4 Mich It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert

Postby JDALU75 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:20 pm

<< All bout results I mention are from this season. >>

1. Cruz - LU
2. Fuentes - Drex
3. Russo - CU
4. Gage - AU
5. Chalifoux - Army
6. Gomez - PU

<< Haven't seen enough of Russo yet -- seems to run hot and cold. AU's wrestler is Gage Curry; good W/L record but I don't know I'd have him 4th. Binghamton's Bulzomi has placed twice at EIWAs and his teammate Joe Nelson is better. >>

1. Parker - LU
2. Terao - AU
3. DeSanto - Drex
4. Tucker/Baughman - CU
5. Agaisse - PU
6. Ghione - Penn

<< DeSanto ahead of Terao after what I saw today. Agaisse hasn't wrestled yet. Haven't seen enough of Tucker yet. >>

1. Yianni D - CU
2. Prince - Navy
3. Smith - Buck
4. Karam - LU
5. Gil - Navy
6. Jaffe - Harv

<< Navy won't be able to wrestle both Prince and Gil. I think I have Smith ahead of either. Yianni appears to be for real. Princeton's Pat D'Arcy has placed twice at EIWAs. >>

1. Kolodzik - PU
2. Ladnier - Harv
3. Kropman - Bing
4. Schuyler/Mele - LU
5. Furnas/Realbuto - CU
6. Wilding - Navy

<< Ladnier's looked shaky early on. Don't know who Cornell's guy will be but I doubt it's Realbuto; could be Schoenherr, who's beaten Ladnier and Kropman. Michael Sprague of AU has beaten Wilding. Kropman might be deferring; Frank Garcia looks like Binghamton's starter and he's split decisions with Furnas. Columbia's Macalolooy has beaten Kropman, Furnas, and Sprague. >>

1. Staudenmayer - Brn
2. Davis - Navy
3. D'Angelo- PU
4. Brown - LU
5. Heller - Hof
6. Galasso - CU

<< I might go with D'Angelo first right now. Expect to see Markus Scheidel (3x EIWA placewinner) in Columbia's lineup around New Year's. Binghamton's Tristan Rifanburg placed at Vega$, beating Edinboro's Shomers who shut out Staudenmayer. Penn's Joe Velliquette could be a factor. >>

1. Schleifer - PU
2. Wolf/Walter - LU
3. Bethea - Penn
4. Bierdumpfel - Harv
5. Viruet - brown
6. Chavez - CU

<< Chavez higher; looks like he's beaten out Garcia. Army's Mendel placed 3rd at EIWAs last year. De Pre One (Vincent) looking good but has lost to Chavez twice. Viruet has lost to Cornell's Dawkins. Drew Daniels finished 5th last year and is 11-0 so far this season. >>

1. Kutler - LU
2. Womack - CU
3. Bernstein - Navy
4. Harvey - Army
5. Rose - Drex
6. Johnson - Harv

<< Columbia's Tyrel White has placed 4th three times at EIWAs; has beaten Johnson. >>

1. Preisch - LU
2. Dean - CU
3. Coleman - Navy
4. Stewart - Army
5. Schneider - Bing
6. Heyob - Penn

<< Brown's LaFragola has beaten Stewart and Coleman and lost to Schneider. >>

1. Mattiace - Penn
2. Kasunic - AU
3. Loiseau - Drex
4. Honis - CU
5. Brucki - PU
6. Jakobsen/Weiler - LU

<< Going to be a fun weight to watch in Hempstead! I haven't a clue who should be on top. Weiler has beaten Kasunic. Army's Rocco Caywood has beaten Honis but lost to Binghamton's Tracy (7th last year). >>

1. Ryan - Col
2. Wood - LU
3. Butterbrodt - Brn
4. Calkins - Bing
5. Pelusi - F&M
6. Araneo - PU

<< Hofstra's Mike Hughes is back and he's shut out Ryan. Sweany has beaten Calkins. Butterbrodt has lost to Pelusi and Araneo, beaten Calkins. >>
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Postby KTG » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:00 pm

JDALU75 wrote:<< All bout results I mention are from this season. >>

1. Parker - LU
2. Terao - AU
3. DeSanto - Drex
4. Tucker/Baughman - CU
5. Agaisse - PU
6. Ghione - Penn

<< DeSanto ahead of Terao after what I saw today. Agaisse hasn't wrestled yet. Haven't seen enough of Tucker yet. >>

fwiw against common opponents this season Desanto is 3-3 and Terao 4-1. The highlights of that being Terao beat Mueller who beat DeSanto 2x; Terao beat ISU's Parker who beat DeSanto; and DeSanto beat Gustafson from Tech who in turn beat Terao.
KTG
Veteran

Postby klehner » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:58 am

That seems like a lot of work to do! I'm impressed

Speaking only about (and certainly not for!) the Cornell wrestlers...

125: Russo is pretty good, as evidenced by his wins over Schwarm and #15 Hayes.
133: Tucker is also pretty good, as evidenced by his 4-3 loss to #7 Mueller and 3-2 loss to #12 Gustafson.
141: Yianni.
149: Furnas has no meaningful wins so far.
157: Galasso doesn't seem to have what it takes to wrestle 157; Santoro not there yet against quality opponents.
165: Chavez, besides being a hoot to watch, has beaten Bethea this year, and kept it close with McFadden. No fear.
174: Womack is a mystery. Hasn't shown he's ready for 174; doesn't show the funk and danger he was known for. No gas tank yet.
184: Dean is going to get better as the year goes on (he's already pretty good); only losses are to top-ranked guys.
197: Ben^2. Two-headed monster, but nobody knows who will wrestle regularly.
285; Sweany seems to have returned to his NCAA-qualifying form, but he's still too small for the big 285s.
Cornell 1980, Parent Lehigh 2020!
klehner
Expert

Postby machine158 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:39 am

klehner wrote:That seems like a lot of work to do! I'm impressed

Speaking only about (and certainly not for!) the Cornell wrestlers...

125: Russo is pretty good, as evidenced by his wins over Schwarm and #15 Hayes.
133: Tucker is also pretty good, as evidenced by his 4-3 loss to #7 Mueller and 3-2 loss to #12 Gustafson.
141: Yianni.
149: Furnas has no meaningful wins so far.
157: Galasso doesn't seem to have what it takes to wrestle 157; Santoro not there yet against quality opponents.
165: Chavez, besides being a hoot to watch, has beaten Bethea this year, and kept it close with McFadden. No fear.
174: Womack is a mystery. Hasn't shown he's ready for 174; doesn't show the funk and danger he was known for. No gas tank yet.
184: Dean is going to get better as the year goes on (he's already pretty good); only losses are to top-ranked guys.
197: Ben^2. Two-headed monster, but nobody knows who will wrestle regularly.
285; Sweany seems to have returned to his NCAA-qualifying form, but he's still too small for the big 285s.

A couple of things:
1) Looking at some video from Vegas it's easy to see that Womack's 1st loss...very easily should have been a win as he got very sloppy with the lead and gave up two TD's at the end. The second loss I believe there may have been an injury involved. Lets not give up so easily on the only returning AA.

2) I think we do know who will wrestle 197 regularly. His name was Ben and he wrestled in Vegas. Believe me....that decision was not an arbitrary one... you can bet it was decided on the mat. Barring injury or the next wrestle off Ben Honis is the man.

3) Regarding Sweany's size...that's just silly. Size is not the issue. The issue (or question) is using his athleticism to beat the bigger guys. We know it can be done as demonstrated by guys like Kasper from Duke, Schafer from OK ST. (last year), White from Oklahoma & the biggest freak of them all....SNYDER! On another front...the EIWA rankings.. Sweany has beaten Ryan & Calkins.

Just my 2 cents :)
"It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan....if you like 2nd place"
machine158
Veteran

Postby WallyCKP » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:18 pm

>>>fwiw against common opponents this season Desanto is 3-3 and Terao 4-1. The highlights of that being Terao beat Mueller who beat DeSanto 2x; Terao beat ISU's Parker who beat DeSanto; and DeSanto beat Gustafson from Tech who in turn beat Terao.

.... Ok, I'll bite:

Terao beat Forys.... I.Parker .... Mueller for 3 W's (+ ranked Kelly whom DeSanto didn't face) ..... L vs. Gustafson (+ Scotty + Pletcher)

DeSanto W Forys, Gustafson; L Mueller (twice); I.Parker

I must be missing an opponent; that's Terao 3-1 and DeSanto 2-3

The highlight you cite is huge, since Mueller lost 6-0 to Terao but owns a combined 13-0 score in 2 bouts w/DeSanto (3-0 in TDs) and had 6:23 r.time in the 7-0 win for 3rd. DeSanto is good but his one bout with Micic has been inflated in the polls.
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby KTG » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:26 pm

WallyCKP wrote:>>>fwiw against common opponents this season Desanto is 3-3 and Terao 4-1. The highlights of that being Terao beat Mueller who beat DeSanto 2x; Terao beat ISU's Parker who beat DeSanto; and DeSanto beat Gustafson from Tech who in turn beat Terao.

.... Ok, I'll bite:

Terao beat Forys.... I.Parker .... Mueller for 3 W's (+ ranked Kelly whom DeSanto didn't face) ..... L vs. Gustafson (+ Scotty + Pletcher)

DeSanto W Forys, Gustafson; L Mueller (twice); I.Parker

I must be missing an opponent; that's Terao 3-1 and DeSanto 2-3

The highlight you cite is huge, since Mueller lost 6-0 to Terao but owns a combined 13-0 score in 2 bouts w/DeSanto (3-0 in TDs) and had 6:23 r.time in the 7-0 win for 3rd. DeSanto is good but his one bout with Micic has been inflated in the polls.

The other common opponent is Gonser from Eastern Michigan.
KTG
Veteran

Return to Lehigh