Hope BP-LU is correct, but, in case we're forgetting, this is what a top 15-20, 3rd. year (+ prep year) D1 wrestler looks like...http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-wres ... ron00.html
• Kalil in 2010-11 (Jr.): Produced a 29-11 record, including a 6-1 dual mark en route to earning his second-consecutive NCAA Championship berth ... placed in five of the eight tournaments in which he competed, including taking first at the Navy Classic and the All-Academy Championship ... scored a 6-1 decision over Bucknell's Derek Reber to win the Navy Classic and beat The Citadel's Richard Alarcon by major decision to earn the All-Academy title ... opened the year with a third-place showing at the Eastern Michigan Open ... defeated former teammate Prescott Garner now wrestling at UT Chattanooga in the fifth-place match at the Reno Tournament of Champions ... defeated Harvard's Steven Keith behind an 8-1 decision to capture third at the EIWA Championship and earn an automatic bid to wrestle at the NCAA Championship ... dropped an 11-6 decision to ninth-ranked Jarrod Patterson of Oklahoma in what was his first dual match of the year ... went on to win six in a row, including an 8-0 major decision over Army's Travis Coffey in the annual Star Match ... also earned a 13-3 major decision over Lehigh's Mitch Berger en route to leading the Mids to a 19-15 victory over the Mountain Hawks in Annapolis.
• 2009-10 (So.): Reaped the rewards of hard work by carding a 22-13 record and earning his first NCAA Championship berth as Navy's top 125-pounder ... competed in eight tournaments, including the EIWA Championship where he placed fifth and earned an automatic bid to compete in Omaha at the National Tournament ... after beginning the season with a loss at the Eastern Michigan Open, went on to win seven-straight matches that featured his first-career tournament win at the Navy Classic ... scored an 11-2 major decision over teammate Allan Stein to take the home tournament win ... went on to compete at the Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational, the Reno Tournament of Champions and the Southern Scuffle, but did not place at any of the three ... found his stride during the dual season where he put together a 6-2 record ... his 10-3 decision over East Stroudsburg's David Luthy kicked off a five-match winning streak for Kalil, all in dual competition ... his success flowed into the annual All-Academy Championship where he earned the title behind an 11-8 win over Sam Sheppard of Air Force in the finals ... helped lead the Mids to their 10th-straight win over arch rival by defeating Lance Penhale, 11-9 ... opened up the EIWA Championship with a 14-2 major decision over fifth-seeded John McDonald of Lehigh, whom he also beat in Navy's annual dual against the Mountain Hawks ... fell to the fifth-sixth place match where he upset third-seeded and 20th-ranked Jasen Borschoff of American, 7-4 ... Borschoff bested Kalil in Navy's first dual of the year by a 4-3 decision ... a newcomer to the NCAA Championship, Kalil was 0-2 at the tourney after having to face the No. 6 and No. 11-ranked wrestlers.
• 2008-09 (Fr.): Wrestled his first year at 133 pounds where he saw a great deal of action ... competed in six tournament and wrestled in eight dual matches after two-time All-American Joe Baker suffered an injury and had to sit out much of the first half of the year ... posted a 17-17 record (1-7 dual) and placed in a pair of tournaments ... finished third at the West Virginia Open, as well as the Navy Classic ... picked up his first collegiate win by way of a 5-2 decision over Cleveland State's Josh Palivoda at the Eastern Michigan Open ... won his lone dual match of the year against Justin Durham of Cal State Bakersfield by pinning him in 1:34 ... reeled off six straight wins between the West Virginia Open and the Navy Classic ... also competed at the Nittany Lion Open, the Reno Tournament of Champions and the Southern Scuffly while representing Navy at the Virginia Duals.
• High School: A 2007 graduate of Salem High School, Kalil attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2007-08 academic year ... a four-year wrestling letterwinner, Kalil was a three-time state champion (2005-06-07) and owned a combined 184-12 record during those three seasons ... crowned the New England Champion in his weight class in 2006 and `07 ... claimed the NCWA National Championship with a 32-5 record in 2008 ... served as team captain his senior year ... named Salem High School's Athlete of the Year in 2006 and `07 ... was a volunteer Pop Warner football coach.
• Personal: Son of Ron and Robin Kalil ... majoring in Economics.