WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Regional thread

This is for discussing wrestling only.
DO NOT POST coaching jobs, camps, tournament opening, ect. here. There are places for them.

Moderators: Bruce, Mr Blondey

Regional thread

Postby Mr Blondey » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:13 am

I'll post here & there as the snow pelts us on March 1st, but first off, wanted to wish everyone the best of luck. This is a good group, only a few state champ caliber guys, but many more than normal who are qualifier/placewinner at states level. Should be fun. I guess I'm off the clock now that WPIALs are over (it's like Michael Meyers when the sun comes up on November 1st in those Halloween movies, he goes into low gear until next year), so hotdog, coke, and in the seats early is the plan-go D7!
Mr Blondey

Location: the end of time (I can see everything from here...)

Re: Regional thread

Postby Swisher » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Great wrestling today. Lots of thieves though. They all seem to be walking around in black and white striped shirts. Just ask Swarrow- he got robbed in OT. Not all against the WPIAL though, Demaske gets a VERY questionable pin at the end of the period. Things are starting to heat up in this ice box.
Swisher
Novice

Re: Regional thread

Postby Mr Blondey » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:53 am

Thanks, Swisher. Good showing for us, could be better, but good. At least 1 in the semi's at every weight, 7th placers not doing well compared to past years, those that are are the ones you'd expect-Wentzel, McGinnis (who started in the 6th place spot after Novak scratched). Bedillion, who was 5th in sections has been eliminated, but wrestled well & did win a match. MP has really cooled off from the last two weeks. Burrell & SF are making some big noise, but Kittanning & BC are also doing very solidly, in fact, Tony Welsh looks dominant. Tomorrow we start off with 8 per weight & whittle it down to 5, but make no mistake, day 2 IS basically state level competition. Gotta get 40 winks, talk tomorrow!
Mr Blondey

Location: the end of time (I can see everything from here...)

Return to Pennsylvania