WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

and on the way....^w^buck^..

This is for discussing wrestling only.
DO NOT POST coaching jobs, camps, tournament opening, ect. here. There are places for them.

Moderators: Bruce, Mr Blondey

Re: and on the way....^w^buck^..

Postby wpialbuck » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:43 pm

help.....I do agree with you. Burrell wasn't the most talented team the last two years in the wpial. And the coin toss was huge in the win over Jeff Morgan. I have nothing wrong with people saying that or picking against Burrell. My problem with the paper champ aka pepper, is how he did it. Don't say they play by different rules or got lucky or whatever excuse he had that week. And after Burrell won he made more excuses and attacked AA wrestling and compared them to AAA teams. For the record, we had 1 kid come out in Jan and wrestle through teams. No sections for him because he was the same weight as DesLauries. Best also came out in Jan but like i said early he did make the state tournament in March. So help, i thank you for not degrading the kids or program like many have done on here just because Burrell keeps winning.

pepper.....paper champ!
Whatever you do, do it with INTENSITY!
wpialbuck
Expert

Postby help » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:09 pm

the coin flip decided last years final because of the fact jm had a forfeit ...if they win the toss they forfeit to dakota and bump the others up ...and i think if u look at the box score i think jm wins
help
"Newbie"

Postby freedom_fighter » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:41 pm

help wrote:the coin flip decided last years final because of the fact jm had a forfeit ...if they win the toss they forfeit to dakota and bump the others up ...and i think if u look at the box score i think jm wins

You may be correct in your assumption...help, but I guess that you could say the same thing if the situation was in reverse. If JM would have won the coin flip and won the match, it still could have been said that the coin flip decided the final match. There are a number of factors that decide a match...the coin flip, upsets, a wrestler gets sick, a wrestler gets caught and pinned, a wrestler doesn't make weight...you can go on and on. I believe that when Burrell does finally lose...and they will at some point, there will be no excuses. The better team will have won that day.
freedom_fighter
Novice

Postby Mr Blondey » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:54 am

wpialbuck wrote:help.....I do agree with you. Burrell wasn't the most talented team the last two years in the wpial. And the coin toss was huge in the win over Jeff Morgan. I have nothing wrong with people saying that or picking against Burrell. My problem with the paper champ aka pepper, is how he did it. Don't say they play by different rules or got lucky or whatever excuse he had that week. And after Burrell won he made more excuses and attacked AA wrestling and compared them to AAA teams. For the record, we had 1 kid come out in Jan and wrestle through teams. No sections for him because he was the same weight as DesLauries. Best also came out in Jan but like i said early he did make the state tournament in March. So help, i thank you for not degrading the kids or program like many have done on here just because Burrell keeps winning.

pepper.....paper champ!

Actually, I might think you're being unfair to Burrell, 'buck. If by "most talented" you mean the team with the best wrestlers, Burrell was not the most talented last season, but dual meet talent isn't just "my best wrestler can beat your best wrestler", it's just as much "my WORST wrestler can beat your worst wrestler". Can SF beat Burrell in the individuals in a few weeks? Maybe, not a slam dunk, but they have a shot. Anyone else? I doubt it. You may well see a team like Avella or Beth-Center whoop ass on say South Allegheny, but their chances in a dual would be slim. Their worst wrestlers would get beat, or more to the point they would give up too many forfeits. Highlands could do better than Washington, but in a dual meet? Not even close.

At the AA semi's, there were some AAA kids around me, and they were saying SF would beat Burrell. To me, Burrell looked better seeing the two side by side. Year after year you see that finals match, and someone from the opposition goes down that you didn't expect, or gets destroyed when you anticipated a close bout. It's not a fluke if it always happens. I think Burrell has a really solid line-up this season-didn't see it at states, but you could say the same for CH & SF.

I think Burrell may have the most talented team in both senses, but we'll see in two weeks.

Coin toss-yeah, it's a factor in the big matches as often as not, and between two good teams, the loser (even if they lose kinda big) could be the winner another day regardless of who wins the flip. 20 point swing favoring MP in the rematch, after losing the first time to Yough. TWENTY stinkin' points, That's a lot. What, 28 point swing from first Burrell/Kittanning meeting? 22 point swing to CH in rematch w/SF? Another 20 to JM in rematch w/Bentworth...Avonworth/SA, and on it goes. Anybody could beat anybody if something were a little different.
Mr Blondey

Location: the end of time (I can see everything from here...)

Postby coach d » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:57 am

We didn't get dropped. We got suspended from dual meets. We're competing in sections this week.
coach d
"Newbie"

Previous

Return to Pennsylvania