WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

and on the way....^w^buck^..

This is for discussing wrestling only.
DO NOT POST coaching jobs, camps, tournament opening, ect. here. There are places for them.

Moderators: Bruce, Mr Blondey

and on the way....^w^buck^..

Postby cottonswab » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:45 am

S. Fayette and Burrell might just happen, round two, in the next few days or Saturday am. Burrell may even face Brem. Springs twice.

16 teams left. what a course to grap.
S. Fayett vs. Reynolds? what is that score?
Beth Catholic waits d3 and/or Burrell. although Fort L handled Char. hou! Could they get a REYNOLDS REMATCH IN THE FINALS.

Four medals and some excitement at best for 12 teams. Missing school and gittiness.
Medals? huh? Four may wear one and a dozen not.

ahew.. warewolves of Hershey...ahew
cottonswab
Veteran

Re: and on the way....^w^buck^..

Postby Pepper » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:06 pm

cottonswab wrote:S. Fayette and Burrell might just happen, round two, in the next few days or Saturday am. Burrell may even face Brem. Springs twice. 16 teams left. what a course to grap. S. Fayett vs. Reynolds? what is that score? Beth Catholic waits d3 and/or Burrell.

Then cottonswab woke up from a long long night of drinking.

Burrell 1-2 overall and SF in quarterfinals only to drop
Pepper
Veteran

Postby wpialbuck » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:55 pm

Pepper you are a Burrell HATER!!! Just admit it.
Whatever you do, do it with INTENSITY!
wpialbuck
Expert

Postby Pepper » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:25 pm

There's a difference between being a "hater" and being realistic. I'm a realist. Person is labeled a hater when the reader perceives the viewpoint as negative or against the reader's own beliefs. When you hate, you are denying the truth. admit it WB, you and CS enjoy Peps posts.
Pepper
Veteran

Postby wpialbuck » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:53 pm

You continue to say Burrell will lose year after year. Yet when they win year after year, you just move on to the next season saying which team will beat them. Now since you cannot find a team in AA to beat them, you are co op'ing programs and saying AA wrestling will be gone. AA wrestling is more than just in the WPIAL. The state of AA wrestling is pretty healthy state wide. Lots of tough kids and teams. You want to talk about Highlands dropping the program, why don't you talk about how far South Fayette has come in 5 years. Or Elwood City making the team tournament in their FIRST season! Quit focusing on all the negatives and bring a positive to the sport. And for the record you are a Burrell hater! You have picked against them for years and you will eventually be right. They will lose. I mean they haven't lost to a AA WPIAL team since 2006! This is one of the greatest team accomplishments in WPIAL HISTORY, in any sport, and you are negative about it.
wpialbuck
Expert

Postby ShoulderLESS » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Pepper wrote:There's a difference between being a "hater" and being realistic. I'm a realist. Person is labeled a hater when the reader perceives the viewpoint as negative or against the reader's own beliefs. When you hate, you are denying the truth. admit it WB, you and CS enjoy Peps posts.

Seems to me that you have BEEN denying the strength and ability of the Burrell program for a while now. From year to year when Burrell wins, everyone (not just you peppster) has an excuse on to why they are on top again. If it isn't injuries, then its the weak competition in the WPIAL, if it isnt the weak competition in the WPIAL, then its the weakness of AA wrestling all together. Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula, lay off that hatorade! Burrell wins it b/c they deserve it! No one works harder or puts in more time and effort than those kids/coaches. All good things do come to an end but for now their accolades speak for themselves. Heck, I even think wpialbuck might lay off the Coors Light for a night or two and put some time in with the feeder program.
ShoulderLESS
"Newbie"

Postby ShoulderLESS » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Pepper wrote:There's a difference between being a "hater" and being realistic. I'm a realist. Person is labeled a hater when the reader perceives the viewpoint as negative or against the reader's own beliefs. When you hate, you are denying the truth. admit it WB, you and CS enjoy Peps posts.

Seems to me that you have BEEN denying the strength and ability of the Burrell program for a while now. From year to year when Burrell wins, everyone (not just you peppster) has an excuse on to why they are on top again. If it isn't injuries, then its the weak competition in the WPIAL, if it isnt the weak competition in the WPIAL, then its the weakness of AA wrestling all together. Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula, lay off that hatorade! Burrell wins it b/c they deserve it! No one works harder or puts in more time and effort than those kids/coaches. All good things do come to an end but for now their accolades speak for themselves. Heck, I even think wpialbuck might lay off the Coors Light for a night or two and put some time in with the feeder program.
ShoulderLESS
"Newbie"

Postby Pepper » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:15 am

There is no denying Burrell is a GREAT program. It has been for some time and I have never denied that. The difference between me and some others on this board is that I am a wrestling fan (not an obvious Burrell fan/parent). When you win 7 WPIAL titles in a row that speaks for the dominance of their program. That doesn't mean they were head and shoulders above all the other teams EVERY year. The last two years have been, IMHO, their two biggest surprise titles. Last year they were able to coax two kids (Best and Davidson) into wrestling for 3 weeks total and won their sixth title. Without those two (and even with those two) and Falleroni's huge upset in the finals they don't win number 6. This year they got a huge, huge win from Greenwald that set the tone for number 7. The reality is that NEITHER last year nor this year were overwhelming victories. They were closer than the scores indicated and the non-Burrell parent recognizes that.

My salient point still remains regarding AA wrestling. The numbers, and competition, are way down this year. In Section 3 alone Highlands dropped it's program, SSA had 4 kids, Keystone Oaks routinely forfeited 4+ matches and is graduating half the remaining roster, North Catholic had a total of 6 wrestlers, West Shamokin had 5 wrestlers and both Riverview and Avonworth could not field full rosters even though they are co-ops. That is troubling for the sport. Of the 11 teams in Section 3 only Burrell, Valley, Kittanning and South Allegheny had full rosters. Almost 70% of the Section could not even field a full team for their matches. That is not a good sign. Given the current pressure on schools to cut costs wrestling teams without full rosters might just end up being financial casualties. The end result may be a significant drop in teams in AA or WPIAL/PIAA may need to realign the school sizes and drop some AAA teams down. That may affect Burrell's dominance sooner rather than later.
Pepper
Veteran

Postby wpialbuck » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:02 pm

This is Pennsylvania wrestling! You don't run away with titles year after year. They are hard fought wins! There is no bigger fan of the sport than me. Yes I am a Burrell fan but also a wrestling fan. I know the sport inside and out. Even when you try and compliment Burrell you can't. You have to add in the if not for that upset or this one. Just stop! That's why they wrestle the matches! 7 straight WPIAL titles and 8 of the last 11! Burrell wrestling......Its ok, we hate you too!
wpialbuck
Expert

Postby Pepper » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Good Lord. You just don't get it. I am not "qualifying" last year or this year. I am simply stating my analysis. That is all. Burrell fans are so annoying it is pathetic. Do you dispute that Burrell won last year because Davidson and Best wrestled only at the very, very end? How does that analysis turn into diminishing their accomplishment? You need to get past whatever perceived offense you are viewing and see past the edges of Lower Burrell. Burrell is a great program. Be proud of that. At least try to be objective.
Pepper
Veteran

Postby wpialbuck » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Kevin Best was a state qualifier! No matter when he came out, he made the state tournament. And I like to look at those "upsets" as burrell kids being better trained for pressure situations. There is a reason they have so many "upsets" year after year. They train to win while you call them upsets. You always have some excuse on why the other team lost. In your world they give out titles to the team better on paper. Pepper you are now known as "The Paper Champ"
wpialbuck
Expert

Postby ShoulderLESS » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Well said buck!

You dont't get WPIAL Championships petting kitties!
ShoulderLESS
"Newbie"

Postby Pepper » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:01 pm

OMFG. Typical Burrell parent. Always offended by the truth. It is like arguing with a wee-tall-did kid.
Pepper
Veteran

Postby D3 for LU » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:39 pm

...whats soooo wrong w/ petting kitties?
:?
D3 for LU
Expert

Postby help » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:22 pm

dont get me wrong burrell is a great team with great athletes and coaches ...but fact is last year they did have 2 kids who wrestled for 3 weeks just for team championships and if jeff-morgan wins coin flip they lose ..ask there coach about that and i think even he would admit that winning the coin flip was the biggest win in their match with jeff-morgan
help
"Newbie"

Next

Return to Pennsylvania