WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

And still champions..........

This is for discussing wrestling only.
DO NOT POST coaching jobs, camps, tournament opening, ect. here. There are places for them.

Moderators: Bruce, Mr Blondey

And still champions..........

Postby Mr Blondey » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:39 pm

I'll let you guys get the conversation going, but congratulations to both teams on a solid performance, and to both on making history...proceed...
Mr Blondey

Location: the end of time (I can see everything from here...)

Re: And still champions..........

Postby Mr Blondey » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:07 pm

OK, I can't help it, I'll blurt a little, then I gotsta get outta here, SF not able to stall away or fight off the Burrell attacks, several competitive matches, Falleroni overachieves yet again, Burrell opens up a big lead then forfeits two matches at the end, slightly deceptive appearance there, they may have gotten pinned at both and probably would have lost both anyway. As I drive home, enthralled by the Burrell Mystique afterall, a sincere thanks to SF for keeping it interesting, not just today but the entire season. It was a real breakthrough. Good luck to all 3 teams at states.
Mr Blondey

Location: the end of time (I can see everything from here...)

Postby wpialbuck » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Burrell finds a way to win another WPIAL title. Truly an amazing run. Congrats to them. Also, congrats to all the teams for a great tournament and to SF for their first WPIAL final appearance. I think the first match set the tone for the entire match. Greenwald down 12-4 and comes back to win 16-15! What an outstanding match! I think that showed the Burrell heart and let SF know they were in for a dog fight. Its kinda surprising not seeing Burrell get down and come storming back like years past. Overall, i think the match went as planned from both sides. 106, 126, and 182 being swing matches. Whatever team won 2 of the 3 wins the match. Ive watched people pick against Burrell the last two season, and yet again they prove the haters wrong. Guess everyone loves to hate a winner! Id like to hear what some others thought who were on the other side tonight. Some things cannot be measured on paper. Heart, determination, and toughness isn't in the box scores. Year after year, thats what Burrell bring to the mat. No team was more hungry to win that WPIAL title than Burrell, and it showed!

126....Great match to watch. Greenwald coming back was a thing of beauty(from the Burrell side). He's been doing that all year and does it on the biggest stage. SF looked to have bonus points early on and probably thought they should win this match on paper. Burrell 3-0

132....Ging does a really nice job keeping this to only a major. It looked as if Andrejcik would at least get a TF but had to settle for the major. 7-0

138....A one sided match here. Edwards used a take em down cut em approach score the TF here. Again SF got out of the match not getting pinned. 12-0 Bucs

145....Fetchet goes out and gets the quick stick. Not much more to say here. His team needed it and their stud went out and got it. This got the SF crowd into the match. 12-6

152....The battle of state qualifiers as Marra wins over JJ Walker 5-3. Not sure either side could say they had the edge here, tho I'm guessing both thought their stud would come out on top. Marra gets the reversal in the last 10 seconds of the match to win. 15-6 Bucs

160....Falleroni looks to be on a roll after his last two matches. He dumps his way to a TF over Previte. SF was probably hoping to keep this one to only a decision. Burrell 20-6

170....Just like 145, the older Fetchet gets a much needed 1st period fall. Cuts the Burrell lead to 20-12

182....Burrell bumps Klems up to wrestle Haney. A slow grind em out match that goes to UTB. SF had the edge here with the coin toss and Haney escapes quick to get a much needed win here. This kept SF in the match. A loss here would have ended any chance of a Lion comeback.

195....DesLauriers picks up a FF here. Burrell 26-15

220....Walker picks up a 4-0 win over Cornuet. SF was most certainly looking for a pin here. Walker worked really hard in the top position and had Cornuet on the ropes a few times but could never turn him to his back. Pretty big win for the Bucs not giving up bonus here. 26-18

285....Beattie came out a little slow but eventually grinded out the pin midway through the 2nd. 32-18 Burrell

106....I know it looked as if Burrell was a lock up 14, but SF had to figure they had 12 coming at 113 and 120. This would put the match 32-30 so the winner of 106 would win the match. Wolfe was in on Roberts for much of the 1st but he was able to fight him off. The second was much of the same with Wolfe scoring and escape and almost taking Roberts down, but again a great job of fighting off those doubles and turn on into a takedown for him. Roberts gets called for a locking hands to tie it at 2 but rides Wolfe out for around 40 seconds to keep the advantage. Roberts escapes in the 3rd and fights off more double attempts by Wolfe. Wins 3-2 and secures Burrell its 7th straight WPIAL title.

113.... Chaussard FF

120....S Carr FF

Burrell 35 South Fayette 30

I really think this match came down who had the bigger heart and who was tougher. A lot of people said SF would be the more hungry team to win a WPIAL title but it didn't look like it during the match. I guess we all learned you can never count out Burrell. They have something that doesn't show up on paper and it sometimes doesn't show up in matches. Put them on the big stage, and out it comes! Not sure what it is but maybe Blondie summed it up best, THAT BURRELL MYSTIQUE! Im very interested to see who everyone thinks will "beat" Burrell next year......
Whatever you do, do it with INTENSITY!
wpialbuck
Expert

Postby cottonswab » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:39 pm

wow wpialbuck, you're the smartest guy on here, but not the best looking. not even close

if you get pepper in the eyes, just swisher it with more and call me in the morning.
cottonswab
Veteran

Postby wpialbuck » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:41 pm

QTip....aka cottonswab......Looks like we are still waiting for the 3 stooges. Wonder why they are so quiet now? Maybe they got caught up in the Burrell Mystique and got lost on the way home from Charitiers Valley?
Whatever you do, do it with INTENSITY!
wpialbuck
Expert

Return to Pennsylvania