WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Mifflinburg Wildcats

This is for discussing wrestling only.
DO NOT POST coaching jobs, camps, tournament opening, ect. here. There are places for them.

Moderators: Bruce, Mr Blondey

Mifflinburg Wildcats

Postby BlueJay » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:42 am

In case anybody hasn't noticed, I would call attention to the feats of the Mifflinburg High School AA wrestling team, which is 12-2 for the year with losses only in the NHSAC to national prep school power Germantown Academy by one point and also to Blair Academy (who doesn't lose to Blair Academy!) :D . Not bad for a little AA school in Union County from the Heartland Athletic Conference! Should the Wildcats beat AAA Williamsport at home on Thursday evening, they will win the conference championship and also have a great shot at winning the District IV AA dual meet championship in a little over a week from now. The Wildcats also did well at the prestigious King of the Mountain, Top Hat, and Powerade Tournaments. Way to go, Wildcats! I guess it is obvious that Blue Jay is an alumnus of Mifflinburg High school. I won't tell you what year. :D
BlueJay
Expert

Re: Mifflinburg Wildcats

Postby BlueJay » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:36 am

The AA Mifflinburg Wildcats did indeed beat the AAA Williamsport Millionaires last night by a score of 53-27 to wrap up the Division 1 Championship in the Heartland Athletic Conference. The Wildcats finished with a 13-2 record with the two losses coming at the hands of national prep school powers Germantown Academy and Blair Academy. The Wildcats will now enter the AA District IV Dual Championship Tournament this coming Wednesday evening at home against a team to be determined. Congratulations to all the Wildcat wrestlers, coach Murray, and his assistants. Hope to see some of you at Milton the weekend of February 4.

Blue Jay
BlueJay
Expert

Postby BlueJay » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:04 pm

I don't guess there aren't any other Mifflinburg wrestling fans out there who have read my messages and feel inclined to comment and support the Wildcats on this website. If such is the case, I am very disappointed.
BlueJay
Expert

Postby mattownmaniac » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:09 pm

Blue Jay, you won't say what year you graduated from Miffflinburg H.S. but suffice it to say that most of your classmates are retired from the buggy factory :-)
mattownmaniac
Veteran

Postby BlueJay » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:31 am

You got me, MM! :D Have you been to the buggy museum? Actually my graduation year was 1958.
BlueJay
Expert

Postby BlueJay » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Well, the Mifflinburg Wildcats did indeed lose in the District IV semifinals to Wyalusing, who i would say darn near wrestled a perfect match. Kudos to them and best of luck to them and Central Columbia this week at the state team championship tournament. I'll be there for the first two minutes. Really looking forward to the trip home from Hershey. The Wildcats now have quite a respite during which they can collect charitable donations and get ready for the individuals' post season tournaments. Wishing them the best! It's been a great season for them, and there are still some more laurels out there to garner.
BlueJay
Expert

Postby BlueJay » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:17 pm

Wondering how the Wildcats did in their sectional tournament which they were hosting. Anybody out there from district IV who is willing to share the info.
BlueJay
Expert

Postby Bruce » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:47 am

BlueJay wrote:Wondering how the Wildcats did in their sectional tournament which they were hosting. Anybody out there from district IV who is willing to share the info.

It will be here
http://postedresults.escapesports.com/P ... esults.htm
Bruce
Site Admin

Postby BlueJay » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:58 am

Back to the Wildcats. The Mifflinburg Wildcats have indeed won their sectional championship as well as the District IV championship (three winners and two runners-up) this past weekend. Now it is on to the regionals this coming weekend with the hopes of sending a number of guys down to Hershey to "States". What a season the Wildcats are putting together! There have been some bumps, but doesn't every team suffer a few every year? Go Wildcats! Going to EWLs in Clarion this coming weekend; otherwise I would be in Williamsport cheering on the "Cats". Will catch up with them in Hershey.
BlueJay
Expert

Postby BlueJay » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Don't know if it is official, but as I sit here in Clarion in our motel; it seems the Mifflinburg Wildcats have won the Northeast Regional Championship and will be sending five wrestlers to States this coming week. The Wildcats garnered two firsts, two seconds, and one third place to capture the team title. See you all in Hershey come Thursday. Will be watching the EWL championships all day tomorrow.
BlueJay
Expert

Postby BlueJay » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:20 am

Hard to believe nobody from Mifflinburg is reading my comments and is unwilling to back up my enthusiasm. I guess all you
Wildcat fans need further convincing after winning sectionals, distrcits, and regionals. i'll see you all at Hershey. You just might finish in the top five at the States and have multiple place finishers. Come on, guys! You can loosen up a bit. You have a great team--for a couple of years to come. Show some enthusiasm.
BlueJay
Expert

Postby BlueJay » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:55 am

Well, I just got back from Hershey. I'll be watching the AA and AAA finals tomorrow on the PCN channel. As I intmated, the Wildcats will indeed have three place winners, and I think sophomore phenom Mironenko will win it all at 285 after his gutsy win in the semifinals over Garry--a senior-- from Port Cherry in District 7. Mironenko has great awareness out there on the mat, wrestles a very heady match, and is exceedingly quick and fast for a heavyweight. I have a feeling Mifflinburg wrestling fans are really going to enjoy watching this guy for two more years. This young man CAN wrestle!! He ain't no "push and shover", and I say "ain't" for emphasis. Kudos also to Cole Walter and David Sheesley. Well done, guys! To Ty Walter! Keep the faith. Your efforts WILL be rewarded next year. You are an excellent high school wrestler. You will show us all next year! Special kudos to Aaron Shrawder for his great effort at regions by wrestling all the way back to qualify for "States". Go Wildcats! From

BlueJay--Class of 1958 at MHS and a proud alumnus
Last edited by BlueJay on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueJay
Expert

Postby Rick » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:20 am

I honestly never thought much about Mifflinburg wrestling prior to reading your posts over the past couple of weeks. But that's a pretty darn good team you're rooting for there, Blue Jay. Your big man knocked off our best heavyweight. Mironenko's opponent tomorrow, Grandelis, lost FIVE times to Garry earlier this season. But wrestling's often about differing styles... and we'll see how your super soph handles the bright lights tomorrow. Best of luck...
Rick
Veteran

Postby BlueJay » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:57 am

Thanks for your comment. I can't get any Mifflinburgers to comment. Too bad! They should be tooting their horn. This is a team on the way up! Barring misfortune, they will be back next year in full force with some stalwart reinforcements from the middle school coming up. I don't live there now. I was a 1958 graduate. I guess i could be classified as an "old guy". I live in Delaware County in District 1. I keep track of them on the Internet, and make an occasional trip upstate to see them wrestle. Once again, thanks for your very friendly comments. I think Mironenko will win tomorrow. This young man can wrestle!!
BlueJay
Expert

Postby BlueJay » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:32 pm

All three of Mifflinburg's wrestlers won in the medal round today thereby garnering a first, a third, and a seventh. They finished with 48 team points tied for 5th place with Greenville. Great year for the Wildcats.
BlueJay
Expert

Next

Return to Pennsylvania