WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Pittsburgh 3 Suburbs 1-yep, Nyama is State Champ!

This is for discussing wrestling only.
DO NOT POST coaching jobs, camps, tournament opening, ect. here. There are places for them.

Moderator: CityLeageRep

Pittsburgh 3 Suburbs 1-yep, Nyama is State Champ!

Postby Mr Blondey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Takedown late in the 4th period, should have been called in regulation, but CM Coach argued with the ref until he changed his mind.

4x CL champ, 2x region champ, 2x Ally County champ & 4x placewinner, 5th at Iron Man & 1st at Powerade as a senior, 7th at PIAA as a junior (in a way above average depth weight class), now add PIAA AAA Champion at 120 lbs. 2012. Only 4 years wrestling competitively, 'cause that really is all it takes, if you don't let anyone tell you that YOU CAN'T.

Congrations, G.N. You Did Great!
Mr Blondey

Location: the end of time (I can see everything from here...)

Re: Pittsburgh 3 Suburbs 1-yep, Nyama is State Champ!

Postby Rick » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:36 am

I was really looking forward to this one and I wasn't disappointed. Best match of the night.

Schram is a great wrestler too. Nyama was just a little better on his feet this time around.

Nyama will probably redshirt next year. Then Pitt will have one heck of a 125-pounder competing for ACC championships and All-American honors for the next four years.
Rick
Veteran

Postby alethia » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:14 am

Congrats to Godwin. This is really an example of what can happen when a wrestler gets out there and does all the right things - wrestles throughout the year, works hard, gets extra practices in, chases the best competition out there, etc.

But, as much as I don't particularly care for CM or their coaches, they were right that time. I would agree that there was no control late in the 3rd. But, he planted him pretty nicely in the 1st OT, so the right kid won anyway.
alethia
Novice

Postby Bruce » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Congrats Godwin
You made us proud
Bruce
Site Admin

Return to Pittsburgh City League