WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

City League-wide Middle School/JH Club Team

This is for discussing wrestling only.
DO NOT POST coaching jobs, camps, tournament opening, ect. here. There are places for them.

Moderator: CityLeageRep

City League-wide Middle School/JH Club Team

Postby Jake123456 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:26 pm

I was kicking around the idea of developing a city-wide (Pgh Public Schools) "club" team for our middle school/JH wrestlers to travel & participate in dual matches and tournaments in-season rather than a very limited schedule in the spring. I like the proposal of changing the PPS middle school wrestling season to winter; however, it may be unlikely for the 2014-15 season. I could be wrong - hopefully.

Thoughts?
Jake123456
Novice

Re: City League-wide Middle School/JH Club Team

Postby orbovich » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:31 am

I think it's a fantastic idea. We've discussed it with the director of athletics in the past. I'd be more than happy to help coach and make my room at Carrick available for practices. If nothing else we could get the younger kids some additional training/practice and get them out wrestling in tournaments during the season.
orbovich
Novice

Postby CityLeageRep » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:55 pm

I agree with you guys it's time for something new and this is a great idea. I was going to try and steer middle school wrestlers to the Boys and Girls Club this year by handing out fliers at the Middle School. This idea tops that though....hit me up lets get it started!

Lets get this started.
move over district 8 is here
CityLeageRep
Expert

Postby Jake123456 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:53 am

Perhaps we can start by consulting with the district AD (Gavlik) to see if one or two PPS schools can host a formal club sport. I'll send an email today. This will enable the club to be covered under the district's resources (insurance, facilities, etc.). Let's plan on having a meeting some time in October to begin formally planning for the upcoming season. We can identify potential 2014-15 tournaments/duals, budgetary requirements, practice locations/times, communications, etc.

Thanks!
Jake123456
Novice

Postby CityLeageRep » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:20 am

If things dont work out I say lets point the guys in the direction of the Shadyside boys and girls club wrestling program.

http://www.bgcwpa.org/shadyside/
move over district 8 is here
CityLeageRep
Expert

Postby uthterii » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:01 am

We've discussed it with the director of athletics in the past. I'd be more than happy to help coach and make my room at Carrick available for practices. If nothing else we could get the younger kids some additional training/practice and get them out wrestling in tournaments during the season.???

Return to Pittsburgh City League