WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Needs a wrestling home

This is for discussing wrestling only.
DO NOT POST coaching jobs, camps, tournament opening, ect. here. There are places for them.

Moderators: Bruce, Mr Blondey

Needs a wrestling home

Postby CityLeageRep » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:42 pm

My nephew is just entering the 6th grade and is showing alot of intrest in wrestling but his school district does not have a program (Wilkinsburg). Can anyone help me out with any information on how I can go about this.

Thank you

CityLeageRep
move over district 8 is here
CityLeageRep
Expert

Re: Needs a wrestling home

Postby EngineerLehigh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:11 am

Blair Academcy, residential prepatory school, Blairstown, NJ. The have a good academic and wrestling program.
If not, I recommend the Catholic school program in your area and high school. Less constraints than some challenge that he didn't got to the right school district or get waiver from District for the program he participates with.
EngineerLehigh
Expert

Postby lightcounter » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:50 am

Uh, better get out your map, EL. And your checkbook.

This would be easiest if Wilkinsburg had a co-op with one of the other city schools, much like South Fayette had with Chartiers Valley. Barring that, I'm not sure. There was a court case recently that let a kid play in the Burrell marching band even though he went to private school (that had no band), but he actually lived in the Burrell school district, so that isn't quite the precedent you need.
lightcounter
Expert

Postby fog062550 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:12 pm

At that age He can join a local private club. Pitt Bulls located in Carnegie is an excellent club for a kid that age. I' am sure there are others clubs located around Pittsburgh. There are many youth tournaments throughout the area were He can get live competition during the wrestling seasons. His problem is when he reach HS age. He could go to Pittsburgh Central Calh or Shady Side which have good wrestling programs. At his age I would join a Club & you still have allot of time to consider a HS if he decides to stay in wrestling. Wrestlings is a very demanding sport which has a high dropout rate. Hopefully, you kid stays with it.
fog062550
Novice

Postby jmurphpitt » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:35 pm

You could see if he can wrestle for a neighboring school like Penn Hills or Woodland Hills since Wilkinsburg does not offer it. You need to look into it now before its too late for this season. Your other option is joining a club team like some of the others have suggested.
jmurphpitt
Novice

Postby Loveeza » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:57 am

On Saturday September 12th, join the Pitt wrestling coaches and wrestlers for a free clinic. The clinic will be held in the Pitt wrestling room and is available for wrestlers of all ages. Coaches in attendance are encouraged to be involved.
kaleem
Loveeza
"Newbie"

Postby RachelMark » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:46 am

It is really a great idea, to make a better practice of wrestling at home. You can enjoy your passion with good practice and you can reach your aim. But please care studies too. Your father and mother feel worry about your studies please choose a best writing service provider for writing help and a guide for studies too. While choosing the custom thesis writing service provider please choose the reviews.
RachelMark
"Newbie"

Return to Open High School