WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net
 

Buffalo dual

Moderators: Red Blades, seawolf

Re: Buffalo dual

Postby Red Blades » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 pm

D3 for LU wrote:
Red Blades wrote:My screen says 126 people waiting... That's all?

It just topped 400 just now! :mrgreen:
D3


That's more like it!!
Red Blades
Expert
 
Posts: 6064
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: Bloomfield, NJ

Re: Buffalo dual

Postby Red Blades » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Sweany was game, but loses 10-4 - Gunning just too big.

Aikins over Russo 3-0 on a reversal and a rideout.

Wow, Tucker wins a thriller over Lantry - 1-1 goes to OT and rideouts, Lantry rides Tucker out, Tucker takes optional start, then takes Lantry down to win it 3-2!
Red Blades
Expert
 
Posts: 6064
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: Bloomfield, NJ

Yanni D...

Postby D3 for LU » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:10 pm

1st time seeing him in action... as advertised.
Cheeky lil' monkey, putting his finger to his lips as to "quiet the crowd." :P
(He doesn't act like he's been there before... he acts like he OWNS IT! :o )
D3
Sir? A pint of your finest ale, please!
Never Argue with an Idiot.
They'll bring you down to their level...and beat you with experience.
D3 for LU
Expert
 
Posts: 6491
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:32 am
Location: Tobyhanna, Pa.

Re: Buffalo dual

Postby Red Blades » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:18 pm

Yianni gets the fall, and Furnas works out a 6-3 decision.
Santoro holds on for a 9-7 win
Chavez gets a sweet throw to the fall!
Womack works out an 8-2 decision.

31-6 final team score.
Red Blades
Expert
 
Posts: 6064
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: Bloomfield, NJ

Re: Buffalo dual

Postby scribe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:40 pm

Thank god for delivering us yianni. So quick!
User avatar
scribe
Expert
 
Posts: 6347
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:30 am
Location: NYC

Re: Buffalo dual

Postby scribe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:42 pm

I don’t know what Chavez’s opponent was thinking. I’d want no part of that lockup.
User avatar
scribe
Expert
 
Posts: 6347
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:30 am
Location: NYC

Re: Yanni D...

Postby klehner » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:50 pm

D3 for LU wrote:1st time seeing him in action... as advertised.
Cheeky lil' monkey, putting his finger to his lips as to "quiet the crowd." :P
(He doesn't act like he's been there before... he acts like he OWNS IT! :o )
D3


I said to my daughter and wife "Yianni looks like he is now angry"...about two seconds before he locked up that cradle.
Cornell 1980, Parent Lehigh 2020!
klehner
Expert
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:04 pm

Re: Buffalo dual

Postby Red Blades » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:51 pm

scribe wrote:I don’t know what Chavez’s opponent was thinking. I’d want no part of that lockup.


Yeah, you could see that one coming! Chavez was salivating...
Red Blades
Expert
 
Posts: 6064
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: Bloomfield, NJ

Re: Buffalo dual

Postby JM » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Red Blades wrote:Good opportunity for Tucker - he'll likely face Bryan Lantry (IM #16, TOM #17, FLO #16) - Could put him on the map!


Congratulations to Chaz Tucker who has been waiting in the wings for a couple of years to show us what he can do on the mat.
In his last five bouts (four at the Vegas tournament and tonight against Buffalo), he has scored the following points 3, 3, 3, 2, 3 - quite consistent. He has defeated the #16 (Cam Sykora of North Dakota State, 3-2) and #17 (Lantry, 3-1) wrestlers in the country while losing very close matches to the #7 guy (Jack Mueller of Virginia, 4-3) and #12 guy (Dennis Gustafson of Va Tech, 3-2).

133 should be a loaded weight at EIWAs.
JM
Expert
 
Posts: 2719
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:40 am
Location: NJ

Re: Buffalo dual

Postby fish58 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:02 pm

Overall a dominating performance. I would like to see more offense from Tucker. He is so quick, not sure why he wants to tie up all the time. I think Darmstadt should be starting. I like Honis but he appears to wrestle not to loose. Darmstadt wrestles to win/pin.
fish58
Novice
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:55 am

Re: Buffalo dual

Postby scribe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:17 pm

Santoro was smoked by the end of his match.
User avatar
scribe
Expert
 
Posts: 6347
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:30 am
Location: NYC

Re: Buffalo dual

Postby Mat Rat2 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:33 am

JM wrote:
Red Blades wrote:Good opportunity for Tucker - he'll likely face Bryan Lantry (IM #16, TOM #17, FLO #16) - Could put him on the map!


Congratulations to Chaz Tucker who has been waiting in the wings for a couple of years to show us what he can do on the mat.
In his last five bouts (four at the Vegas tournament and tonight against Buffalo), he has scored the following points 3, 3, 3, 2, 3 - quite consistent. He has defeated the #16 (Cam Sykora of North Dakota State, 3-2) and #17 (Lantry, 3-1) wrestlers in the country while losing very close matches to the #7 guy (Jack Mueller of Virginia, 4-3) and #12 guy (Dennis Gustafson of Va Tech, 3-2).

133 should be a loaded weight at EIWAs.


**
I second that, great win for Chaz. He is certainly good enough to be more agressive. The Buffalo guy did zero,he should have been hit for stalling but Chaz let him off the hook by being almost as passive.

Realistically he absolutely has to improve on top if he is going to have any chance of making the podium. It was absolutely the correct (but still gutsy) call to give the escape immediately in the third OT but he has to create some riding time balance and be able to be more effective in top/bottom OT situations.
Mat Rat2
Expert
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 pm

Re: Buffalo dual

Postby Mat Rat2 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:47 am

**
I second that, great win for Chaz. He is certainly good enough to be more agressive. The Buffalo guy did zero,he should have been hit for stalling but Chaz let him off the hook by being almost as passive.

Realistically he absolutely has to improve on top if he is going to have any chance of making the podium. It was absolutely the correct (but still gutsy) call to give the escape immediately in the third OT but he has to create some riding time balance and be able to be more effective in top/bottom OT situations.[/quote]

Edit: actually Tucker selected to start on the feet in the third OT period, you get your choice of too, bottom or Neutral. He would have had to likely hold Lantry down to force another OT. Unusual but effective in this case.
Mat Rat2
Expert
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 pm

Re: Buffalo dual

Postby Red Blades » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:46 am

And apropros of the above - Chaz is now ranked #20 at 133 in this mornings Intermat rankings! :D
Red Blades
Expert
 
Posts: 6064
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: Bloomfield, NJ

Re: Buffalo dual

Postby klehner » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:28 pm

Red Blades wrote:
scribe wrote:I don’t know what Chavez’s opponent was thinking. I’d want no part of that lockup.


Yeah, you could see that one coming! Chavez was salivating...


I went back and watched that sequence. Chavez does an amazing twist/arch thing while being thrown to end up on top. It was very impressive to see. His upper-body presence is remarkable. I guess that comes with the Greco territory, but still...
Cornell 1980, Parent Lehigh 2020!
klehner
Expert
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cornell

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], JM and 5 guests