WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Mat Town Open

Moderators: Red Blades, seawolf

Mat Town Open

Postby mountainred » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:56 am

For those of you in Wrestling withdrawal, 9 Finger Lakes guys are competing at the Lock Haven Mat Town Open.

Already Vito has a 21-5 TF, and Berreyesa and Lajoie have WBFs.
mountainred
Expert

Re: Mat Town Open

Postby machine158 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:34 pm

Vito in finals
Chavez lost a close one in quarters
Berryessa in finals
Furhman in finals with Janney still wrestling.

Results are posted on Flo. It's free! :)
"It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan....if you like 2nd place"
machine158
Veteran

Postby mountainred » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Free is my favorite price!

LaJoie in finals as well.

I've got Berreyesa losing in the semis to Jordan Pagano 2-0. Even if that's right, its a quality loss to a good wrestler.

And Chavez must have been ticked at his loss. He's wrestled back to the 3rd place match: 13-3, 15-0, 15-0
mountainred
Expert

Postby HatchetJack » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:24 pm

Pagano is a quality kid - a top 15 guy for RU. A 2-0 loss is a great loss if there is such a thing. Andrew B could be a real breakout for CU next year. Furman gets better every week and wins the title.

Do we know if Jaron Chavez is going to commit to CU? He was a top 20 kid at his weight in high school and he'd be a nice addition for the Big Red.
HatchetJack
Expert

Postby mountainred » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:41 pm

HatchetJack wrote:Pagano is a quality kid - a top 15 guy for RU. A 2-0 loss is a great loss if there is such a thing. Andrew B could be a real breakout for CU next year. Furman gets better every week and wins the title.

Do we know if Jaron Chavez is going to commit to CU? He was a top 20 kid at his weight in high school and he'd be a nice addition for the Big Red.

Berreyessa had a great tourney. 3rd place, 2 WBF, a major and a 7 pt win. He was the only guy who was close to Pagano.

Chavez' consi-semi win is now listed as an 8-3 regular decision. He still takes 3rd by avenging his loss with a 1:36 WBF. Based on his twitter feed, he sounds likes a likely comit. His intro reads: "Boise, Idaho ✈️ Ithaca, New York August 2017, 3 time wrestling state champ- Dreams to attend Cornell University."

And in August he tweeted: "On my way to Cornell." I feel like a stalker. :(
mountainred
Expert

Return to Cornell