Furman, Brendan 285
Janney, Seth 285

http://s202.trackwrestling.com/tw/Login ... amps=false
Red Blades
Expert

Re: Brockport Open

Postby mountainred » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Thanks RB!

So far, so good for CU and FLW. 16 wins, so far, by fall or tech.

The one worrisome note, Jacob Lehr appears to have gone 0-2 with a pair of losses by fall. I really hope Chaz Tucker is healthy and ready.
mountainred
Expert

Postby NonspecificJargon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Just some thoughts from what I saw today...

133: Lehr lost two matches by fall, not much to say here. Arujau looks incredible. He was completely dominant today, I am very excited to see him in a Big Red singlet, in fact I think he wins it ALL/is a high AA this year if he comes in after the first semester.
141: Venosa is legit. He won two matches by a large margin but proved that he can grind it out in his championship victory. He hits very clean take downs.
149: Trence seems to have grown into this weight class nicely. He hit several blast doubles and was in my opinion the biggest surprise of the tournament. He looks ready to prove himself on the mat. Palamito lost in wrestle backs. Garza was fun to watch and has a good gas tank.
157: Santorro had a nice day and walked away with the championship. Brindley struggled creating offense and seems to like to keep it close--time will tell. Tanner Cook was surprising as well and contrary to Brindley seems to enjoy creating his own offense--he wrestled wide open today.
165: Milik was dominant today and pinned our own Jaron Chavez in the finals.
174: Buxton lost a close one to a tuff kid from JCC. He seems very strong but inconsistent on the mat. Berreysea surprised me as he was wearing a Dean singlet. He channeled Dean's tenacity in his first two victories and won a close match in the championships.
HWT: McZig took 1st, Furman 2nd and Janney 3rd. I think these young guys will push each other for years to come.

Was a bit disappointed not to see Stroker and Lajoie out there.
NonspecificJargon
Novice

Postby scribe » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:56 pm

Great rundown on today’s action. Thank you!
scribe
Expert

Postby ugarte » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:08 am

NonspecificJargon wrote:HWT: McZig took 1st, Furman 2nd and Janney 3rd. I think these young guys will push each other for years to come.

If Furman beat Janney and then lost to Richards by TF I think we've got a good idea why they're both taking a year at Finger Lakes to get ready for the NCAA. True frosh is no year for a heavy.
Cornell '92
ugarte
Expert

Postby mountainred » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Gillem wrestled at 149 and won the title fairly handily; perhaps he is in the mix at that weight with Furnas and Richard.

Dawkins may be pushing to start at 165.

I noticed Noah seems to be entered at 133 in the Bearcat Open (and that no Cornellian is listed at 125).
mountainred
Expert

Return to Cornell