WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Lehigh's Parker on CU wresters: "They're kind of dirty."

Moderators: Red Blades, seawolf

Lehigh's Parker on CU wresters: "They're kind of dirty."

Postby klehner » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:01 pm

“They have been our rivals forever,” senior Scott Parker said. “They’re kind of dirty. We don’t really like them too much to be honest, and they have won EIWAs for the past however many years, and we would like to really get that done, and I think this is our year to do it. I think we are on the come-up. We have a lot of young guys who are going to make some noise and some returners who are going to do well.”

Someone on the forum-that-shall-not-be-named this may be because of some out-of-bounds action by Nahshon Garrett against Parker (in 2015)? Anyone have insight into this, or, even better, video of said match?

And when did "come-up" become a thing?
Cornell 1980, Parent Lehigh 2020!
klehner
Expert

Re: Lehigh's Parker on CU wresters: "They're kind of dirty."

Postby Red Blades » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Ironic that Parker calls Cornell dirty. :roll:

Here's a video highlight from Flo:

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/75847 ... e5MIVtSzmE

At about 1:58 - After they go out of bounds, Parker gives Nahshon's head a shove - Nahshon shoves back, and naturally it's the guy who retaliates who gets penalized. :P Of course, shame on Nahshon for letting Parker get under his skin - but Parker is pretty dirty himself on this , IMO.

Nahshon was dragging a bit at this dual (having trouble all season with the cut?), but handled Parker pretty well - 12-5 - at EIWA's.
Red Blades
Expert

Postby hotspur » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:55 pm

Parker's a whiner. Surprised he didn't mention the Ag and Life Sciences school, SUNY-Ithaca, and the other crap some of the Lehigh whiners barf here ad nauseam.
hotspur
Expert

Postby John Henning » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:43 am

Yes, an unfortunate comment that we all should know is untrue. Made me wince.

SParker talking to the student newspaper, perhaps, used the wrong choice of words. I'm sure he regrets it.

It only matters to on-line CU fans who imagine it represents the sentiments of the LU side...which it doesn't.
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men." John F Kennedy
John Henning
Expert

Postby klehner » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:12 am

John Henning wrote:Yes, an unfortunate comment that we all should know is untrue. Made me wince.

SParker talking to the student newspaper, perhaps, used the wrong choice of words. I'm sure he regrets it.

It only matters to on-line CU fans who imagine it represents the sentiments of the LU side...which it doesn't.

So everyone except those ignorant on-line CU fans just know that Parker's comment should be dismissed? How does that work?

I asked because I want to understand what would make Mr. Parker feel the way he does.
klehner
Expert

Postby scribe » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:55 am

I think he’s just trying to create some interest in the rivalry with the mountain buzzards.

We have a president calling a nuclear foe/threat grade school level nick names publicly. I have to think the era of the high road in our society has set sail forever.
scribe
Expert

Postby klehner » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:07 am

scribe wrote:I think he’s just trying to create some interest in the rivalry with the mountain buzzards.

We have a president calling a nuclear foe/threat grade school level nick names publicly. I have to think the era of the high road in our society has set sail forever.

1) Everyone who might be interested in this rivalry is likely already interested; and
2) PO(TU)S is a sick man who has never passed the adolescent stage. What's Parker's excuse?
klehner
Expert

Postby John Henning » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:20 pm

21 yr old Student talking to another student. You guys do with it what you want. No one cares.
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men." John F Kennedy
John Henning
Expert

Postby Red Blades » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:36 pm

John Henning wrote:21 yr old Student talking to another student. You guys do with it what you want. No one cares.

I agree, whatever Scott Parker may have said is a reflection on Parker, not on the rest of the Lehigh team. No big deal.

But it does make for good bulletin board material! :twisted:
Red Blades
Expert

Postby thewhorehouseisbusy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Maybe he meant all the dirty rushing that goes on at Cornell?
thewhorehouseisbusy
Veteran

Postby BP-LU87 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:39 pm

Ag school students naturally get dirty during lab.
BP-LU87
Expert

Postby hotspur » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:02 pm

BP-LU87 wrote:Ag school students naturally get dirty during lab.

Yes, in particular Ag school students in the departments of Biological and Environmental Engineering, Biological Statistics and Computational Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Neurobiology and Behavior, and Applied Economics and Management are always seen on campus covered in dirt. :roll:
hotspur
Expert

Postby LU in NJ » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:20 pm

>>>>>>>>Parker's entitled to voice his opinion, same as voters were entitled to voice their collective Presidential opinions at the ballot box last Nov.

Don't know what Parker is basing his opinion on, but I witnessed one of the dirtiest events I've ever seen in 50 years as a wrestler and fan when cu's bad boy Billy George effectively ended Nate Brown's season ( and denied him a trip to the NCAAs) when he cold cocked Nate by kneeing him in the head after losing their match at the EIWAs.

My understanding is it took Nate a good 3 mos to fully recover from the concussion.

Thankfully Nate did recover and went on to become an NCAA finalist along with an undergrad degree in Behavioral Neuroscience aa well as a Masters degree during his 5 yrs at Lehigh.
LU in NJ
Expert

Postby seawolf » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:47 am

On the original post ... Big deal. Move along. Seems like our culture likes more and more to get outraged at any excuse. And the press revels in it, stokes it, and hopes to make even more money off it..

And of course Billy George comes up. Not an example of dirty wrestling. It was so far outside the bounds that it was basically assault. No excuses, no minimization.
seawolf
Expert

Postby LUchico » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:31 am

Oh for gosh sakes LUin NJ, why did you have to bring Billy George up. Was Parker even on the team when that happened? (Don't answer and drag this out). Read Seawolf''s post. He's got it right.
It wasn't the smartest of comments for Parker to make. Actually, I've always thought Parker and Nashon were both a little chippy on the mat, and I don't mean that in a bad way. They both seem very demonstrative in their will to win, but nothing dirty IMO.
By the way Blades, I was at that match you that you put the video on of. I can't remember many matches that had more tension and crowd noise. I admit to booing lustily in the heat of the moment, but when it was all over I came away thinking it was one of the great matches I've seen..........Just kind of ended wrong.
LUchico
Expert

Next

Return to Cornell