WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

New Cornell Signee

Moderators: Red Blades, seawolf

New Cornell Signee

Postby John Henning » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:04 am

Jonathan Loew, Wantagh, NY placed 3rd in NYS last year at 160. Loew is a rangy guy who will fill-out and project 184 or above. His older brother Matt (2X NYS runner-up) enrolled at Hofstra a few years back and wrestled as a true frosh at 197. Another brother was at Binghamton. Wantagh has a very tough program and is routinely among the top teams in NYS coached by Hall of Famer Paul Gillespie. An under-the-radar get for CU and a good prospect with nice upside.
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men." John F Kennedy
John Henning
Expert

Re: New Cornell Signee

Postby thewhorehouseisbusy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:53 am

Stayed at his father's property in NYC one of the premier hotels in the city. Can only assume he will enroll in the Hotel Management School at Cornell.
thewhorehouseisbusy
Veteran

Postby John Henning » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:51 pm

thewhorehouseisbusy wrote:Stayed at his father's property in NYC one of the premier hotels in the city. Can only assume he will enroll in the Hotel Management School at Cornell.

>>>>>>> Not likely. His father is a P.I.
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men." John F Kennedy
John Henning
Expert

Postby NYwrestlingnews » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:52 pm

Here's an article on Loew committing to Cornell:

http://www.newyorkwrestlingnews.com/new ... id=1024271
NYwrestlingnews
Veteran

Postby Ranger123 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:40 pm

John Henning wrote:
thewhorehouseisbusy wrote:Stayed at his father's property in NYC one of the premier hotels in the city. Can only assume he will enroll in the Hotel Management School at Cornell.

>>>>>>> Not likely. His father is a P.I.

Correct. I believe the son is interested in business school.

I don't know the kid well; spent a little time with them on our visit. Kid is very tall and could still be growing. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him at 197.
Ranger123
Novice

Postby scoop85 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:10 pm

Julian Ramirez, 170lb wrestler at Blair Academy, 7th ranked recruit by Flo, has committed to Cornell. He chose the Big Red over Lehigh and VIrginia Tech.
scoop85
"Newbie"

Postby hofman19 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:43 pm

Jonathan Loew, Wantagh, NY placed 3rd in NYS last year at 160. Loew is a rangy guy who will fill-out and project 184 or above. His older brother Matt (2X NYS runner-up) enrolled at Hofstra a few years back and wrestled as a true frosh at 197. Another brother was at Binghamton. Wantagh has a very tough program and is routinely among the top teams in NYS coached by Hall of Famer Paul Gillespie. An under-the-radar get for CU and a good prospect with nice upside.

The middle brother, Chris, went to Columbia and was on roster for a few years....Jonathan has always been the most naturally talented of the bunch.

I like his upside. He has middleweight agility inside an upper-weight body....I wanted him badly and thought we may get him at Hofstra.

With regard to Ramirez, love this news...The kid can do it all...Dynamic on his feet and very good on top.
hofman19
Veteran

Return to Cornell