WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Dake points against

Moderators: Red Blades, seawolf

Dake points against

Postby Red95 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:31 pm

In light of the "points will be scored" comment heading into the finals, I was curious about the points scored against Dake in his career. I know he has been famously stingy in the NCAA tournament and honestly in most of his matches, rarely giving up any offensive points.

Few have taken him down... but has anyone scored a nearfall against him in collegiate wrestling? Anyone have a list of even those who have taken him down? Even with 141 career matches I think the list is pretty short.
Red95
Expert

Re: Dake points against

Postby ugarte » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:31 pm

I don't think he's been taken down in the last two years (prior to the finals). I think Taylor reversed him this year, if that counts.

Last takedown I remember was LeValley in SV in the 2011 EIWA 149 finals.
Cornell '92
ugarte
Expert

Postby GOBIGRED » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:33 pm

The Illinois boy took him down at National Duals last season. I think Kyle had just tweaked his shoulder. I do not recall Kyle ever giving up near fall but I do remember almost getting defensively pinned vs. Central Michigan last season. I don't think Mack Lewnes ever had backs against him either. There are a lot of wins and very few losses(and points for that matter) between Mack and Kyle.
GOBIGRED
Expert

Postby aro3eb » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Ok I'll bite:
I count 115 career points surrendered in matches that went the distance. Points scored before being pinned or teched I left off. 44 came freshman year. So overall he gave up 115 points in 141 matches. And in the last 3 years it was 71 in 105. Crazy.

Wrestlingstats.com has a great Cornell section.
aro3eb
Veteran

Postby scribe » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:44 pm

GOBIGRED wrote:The Illinois boy took him down at National Duals last season. I think Kyle had just tweaked his shoulder. I do not recall Kyle ever giving up near fall but I do remember almost getting defensively pinned vs. Central Michigan last season. I don't think Mack Lewnes ever had backs against him either. There are a lot of wins and very few losses(and points for that matter) between Mack and Kyle.

setonhallpirate never forgave Dake for the Corby sequence.

He says he is casting his vote for Stieber for the Hodge.
scribe
Expert

Postby seawolf » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Aro - thanks for doing the leg work. Good q and interesting answer. Frankly, when I saw the number I was surprised it was so high. But it is a lot of matches. Average looks about right.

Glad I was paying attention to this run. Still remember his coming out party vs Krom. Little did we know.
seawolf
Expert

Postby JM » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:49 pm

scribe wrote:
GOBIGRED wrote:quote]

setonhallpirate never forgave Dake for the Corby sequence.

He says he is casting his vote for Stieber for the Hodge.

Who cares?
JM
Expert

Postby seawolf » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:52 pm

Scribe, does he have a vote? Is he serious? I saw he posted that but I thought he was joking. I have not seen his rationale if true. I was a fan of his work but this just seems weird. He likes looking at numbers but won't explain his rationale.
seawolf
Expert

Postby scribe » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:54 pm

I'm pretty sure he has a vote. He's talked publicly about who he voted for in the past.
scribe
Expert

Return to Cornell