WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Steve Bosak - Thank you

Moderators: Red Blades, seawolf

Steve Bosak - Thank you

Postby seawolf » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:55 pm

What a tremendous wrestling career at Cornell. Thank you for what you did for the team. Great job, great effort, great career. Want to wish you success in whatever you set your mind to.
seawolf
Expert

Re: Steve Bosak - Thank you

Postby scribe » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:58 pm

Gutsy return from Staph infection. Very entertaining career.

I really loved to see him wrestle and really hate to see him go.
scribe
Expert

Postby ugarte » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Seconded.

3X All-American, 2012 National Champion, really great finish to his career.
Cornell '92
ugarte
Expert

Postby GOBIGRED » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:12 pm

I will second that! What a terrific young man. I remember after Nationals in Phila being on the elevator with him as we went to the post tournament celebration. What a gracious and humble guy. I remember him enjoying a dixie cup of ice cream and saying how it was the first ice cream he had had in 4 months. I often think people who aren't too familiar with the sport have no idea how disciplined these guys need to be to manage weight, school and training. Good luck in all of your endeavors Steve! It was a pleasure watching you wrestle at Cornell where you displayed class and all of the other great qualities we hope for in our own children.
GOBIGRED
Expert

Postby Red Blades » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:25 pm

Thank you Steve, it's been really great following your career as a Cornellian!
Red Blades
Expert

Postby Mat Rat2 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:55 pm

I want to add my thanks to one of my personal all time favorite Cornell wrestlers. I can count the group Steve is in one one hand. I have had the honor of getting to know Steve and in addition to having a wonderful wrestling career he is a fine young man that everyone associated with Cornell can be proud of. He has always conducted himself at the absolute highest level.

He suffered a very serious injury before the season started and it was obviously (for good reasons) down played. The way he worked through and came back increased what was already the highest degree of respect on my part.

Thanks Steve for all you have done for all of us that follow the Big Red.

Hopefully you are not done contributing to the cause, you have so much to offer. :D
Mat Rat2
Expert

What We fans will miss...

Postby D3 for LU » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:07 pm

...is the battles between Steve Bosak & Robert Hamlin!
Even though the Vermonster had the plus side of the wins vs Steve, Bosak has one thing that cannot be taken away...NCAA CHAMPION!

With both graduating...both Big Red & Hawkineeer fans will miss, but fondly remember those bouts as true wrestling fans would ever wish for.
GREAT COMPETITION on the mat between TWO WARRIORS.

Steve Bosak...as a fan for the opposing team on the opposite side, Thank You! 8)
D3
Sir? A pint of your finest ale, please!
Never Argue with an Idiot.
They'll bring you down to their level...and beat you with experience.
D3 for LU
Expert

Postby NJWrestlman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Haven't been around a computer for a few days, so late adding my two cents to the Bosak accolades.

Great wrestler - nothing I can add that others haven't said. But I think an even better person. Don't know if any of you have had the chance to meet him, but humble, polite, and smart. Did anyone see him around the other AA's? Talking, laughing, even walking out after the ceremony with his arm around Hamlin (another class act). He's everything we hope our student athletes will be. Easy to overlook him since he was part of the Dake era. Glad he got the fan recognition he deserves with the standing-O after the Bennett match.

Cornell and Cornell wrestling have prepared you well for the years to come Steve. I know you'll be great at whatever you choose to do. Thanks for the great show!
NJWrestlman
Novice

Return to Cornell