WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Nevinger Seed

Moderators: Red Blades, seawolf

Nevinger Seed

Postby HatchetJack » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Mike's had an up and down year and I like Nashon's chances to AA much more than MIke N's. With that said, I think he got a very good seed. His second round match to get to the quarters is the winner or Salupo and or Urgi (will not spell the name). If I am correct, these are two wrestlers he has beaten already. I don't think he'll be wrestling Salupo as he is more of a mess than Nevinger due to weight cutting and has a unique skill in finding a way to lose. If Nevinger wins this match, he is in the quarters and has a good shot. Personally, I still think he should bag out of taking bottom and only choose top. He is a sad sort on his feet so it will be tough to AA with such a limited hand.

The Bosak issue is BS but I am guessing that some CU fans might agrue the opposite if the shoe were on the other foot. Hamlin's had a great career and he should bow out an AA assuming he is healthy. Frankly, we all knew Bosak had a lot riding on that first match and it has come back to bite him.

I remember seeing Hamlin wrestle Lewnes as a Fresh I think and he lost like 3-0 when Lewnes was rock solid. I hope Hamlin makes it to the finals and wrestles Steve or Ruth. I like Hamlin and Bosak's chances against Ruth compared to other wrestlers.

Against Ruth, I'd take 2 stall warnings to get through the first period 0-0. I'd also take feet versus Ruth and avoid bottom at all costs and take a stall pt. Head to the third down 1-0 and Ruth takes bottom. Down 2-0 in the third and hope you catch him when he is a little tired (assuming he gets tired). Kind of like the Bosak match against QW last year.
HatchetJack
Expert

Re: Nevinger Seed

Postby scribe » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:24 pm

I think Steve should go balls out against Ruth. People who score on Ruth, and some do, tend to do well against him. Think Darrion Caldwell lighting up Metcalf and breaking Metcalf's rhythm.

If Steve tries to slow it down, he'll end up losing by 5-6 points again.
scribe
Expert

Re: Nevinger Seed

Postby Mat Rat2 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:49 am

I'll take 0-0 at the end of the first period both in regulation and in OT. Steve's best chance against Ruth is to neutralize him on the feet and beat him on the mat maybe in OT. I do think he has the best chance to beat Ruth.

I think this is one of the top 5 match ups in the tournament, two defending NCAA champions going head to head. Don't count Mr Bosak out, he is looking better and better. Like Ruth he has some great guys in the room to work with, in Rob, Damion, Clint, Cam, Mitch Clark etc and two weeks to prepare, can't wait.
Mat Rat2
Expert

Return to Cornell