WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

11/23 Menlo Loses to Div I Cal Poly

Moderators: Allen Brown, GAH

11/23 Menlo Loses to Div I Cal Poly

Postby Allen Brown » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:12 pm

November 23, 2011

NCAA Division I Cal Poly San Luis Obispo flexed their muscles tonight, taking down the Oaks by a final of 40-6 to remain undefeated, now 2-0 in duals. Menlo, who drops to 4-3 on the year, seemed to have their hands full tonight but still managed to compete throughout.

Among the few bright spots, the Oaks David Rios, a sophomore from Brentwood, CA, was able to notch a decision victory, 6-2, over the Mustang's Adam Aslam in the 157lb. weight class. Then with the dual well in hand, Menlo's Lenny Romero came away with a hard fought decision victory, 6-4, over former teammate Kelan Bragg to put a bow on the Oaks only two match victories of the evening.

Cal Poly showed their dominance right from the get go as Britain Longmire pinned Menlo's Zach Johnson (125lb. weight class) in the first match of the night. That was only the beginning for the Mustangs as they took home three additional pins with Ryan DesRoches, Sam Dougherty, and Ryan Smith making it three straight before the aforementioned Lenny Romero gave the Oaks some bragging rights.

Menlo will have time to digest the loss as they don't hit the mats until December 1st as part of the two day Las Vegas Invitational.

Cal Poly 40 Menlo 6

125/Britain Longmire (CP) pinned Zac Johnson (M).
133/Brandan Rocha (CP) teched Gustavo Lopez (M) 21-5.
141/Jake Tanenbaum (CP) dec Christian Franks (M) 11-9.
149/Boris Novachkov (CP) teched Joel Palabrika (M) 17-2.
157/David Rios (M) dec Adam Aslam CP) 6-2.
165/Elijah Jackson (CP) dec Adrian Gonzales (M) 11-4.
174/Ryan DesRoches (CP) pinned Jose Chacon (M).
184/Sean Dougherty (CP) pinned Greg Alvarez (M).
197/Ryan Smith (CP) pinned Ben Yura (M).
285/Lenny Romero (M) dec Kelan Bragg (CP) 6-4.
Allen Brown

Return to NAIA