WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Coach Danny Song's Nov 23 Case Western Reserve UPdate

Moderator: GAH

Coach Danny Song's Nov 23 Case Western Reserve UPdate

Postby Allen Brown » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:40 pm

All,

We have recently completed a pair of road trips with our dual against BW and a quad up at Olivet College. The guys are showing that they are all in and are sacrificing to prove it. One of the tougher requests a coach can ask of his wrestlers is to bump up a weight to fill in the line up. While the average individual cowers from this request, we have had guys step up and answer the call. While we've shifted the line up in this fashion more than once with different guys stepping up, I do want to recognize Cito Balsells for his contributions. Those in attendance at our last two events witnessed true commitment, true grit, and the true meaning of putting the team before self. Thank you Cito, thank you! Another bright highlight at our quad in Michigan was the outstanding performance of senior captain, Nick Lees. Nick is the definition of student athlete, he does it all! The St. Ignatius (Cleveland, OH) alum went 3 for 3 on the Saturday PINNING each of his opponents. When Nick is not pinning people he is balancing a part time job and working toward his Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering degree, keep up the good work Nick!

Lastly, I am pleased to announce our two assistant coaches (with the possibility of more to follow). Jaes Jones is back with us for his second season with the program. Jaes is in his second year of medical school here at the Cleveland Clinic Learner College of Medicine at CWRU. Jaes was a standout wrestler for M.I.T. and hails form Cottonwood Heights, UT. Additionally, Brand new on staff this season is Cleveland native, Richard Dowdley. Richard is a 2015 Heidelburg alum and there he was a NCAA All American at 184 pounds as well as a NWCA Academic All American while completing his degree in Accounting. Richard's ability to connect with and teach our athletes is truly a gift. He has quickly made a major impact. Welcome (back) Jaes and Richard!

We will be off for Thanksgiving and I trust the boys will return hungry after filling up on turkey and having a few days to shut 'er down and recharge. Check back for announcements and updates when we fire up for competition on December 5 at the R.I.T. Invite in Rochester, NY.

--
Danny Song
Head Wrestling Coach
Case Western Reserve University
Allen Brown

Return to DIVISION III