Who would win a pitt vs upj match?

Pitt
50%
UPJ
50%

Total votes : 4

pitt vs. upj

Postby wpialwrestler » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:46 pm

honest question. wat is ur personal opinion on who wuld win a pitt vs upj dual match?
wpialwrestler
Novice

Postby Grape Ape » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Well wpialwrestler, how do you see it?

I see Pitt as a prohibitive favorite at 174, 157, 149 and 141.

Keith Gavin, Matt Kocher, Joey Eckloff and Drew Headlee. Probably some bonus points in there.

Bosso and Reasy are good are very good at 125 and 133, but how they stack up against Conroy (or the other Bosso) and whoever replaces Headlee (Nauman?) remains to be seen. I would think a split might be likely, but don't know which way.

Corcetti would be favored for sure for the Mountain Cats at 184. Heavy would be interesting. Either Sheaffer or Tomei for Pitt against Majocha or Dempsey for UPJ. A healthy Sheaffer sounds like the best of that 4, but who knows? Probably a tossup.

At 165, Sean Richmond for Pitt would be my choice. 197 is sort of a pick I would say, neither squad has a definitive proven wrestler at that weight. Pitt has some guys that could break out, and incoming upperweights Crowell and Brentzel.

Overall I would see the Panthers winning, and maybe by a pretty healthy margin. But I see several close matches that if they all went UPJ's way could make it interesting.

I'll say Panthers 23 - Mountain Cats 10.
Grape Ape
Expert

Postby wpialwrestler » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:59 am

i think its really hard to say, nething could happen but by chance do u kno if pitt goes to ne of the same tournaments as upj? here the list

Nov 04 UPJ at the Washington & Jefferson Tournament.
Nov 10 UPJ at the West Virginia Open.
Nov 28 American University at UPJ.
Dec 02 UPJ at the Penn State Open.
Dec 05 UPJ at Shippensburg.
Dec 16 UPJ at the Lock Haven Duals.
Dec 29 UPJ at the Wilkes Open.
wpialwrestler
Novice

Postby Grape Ape » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:44 am

Some of the Panthers will likely be at most of the Oen events, but they will be the redhshirts in general. W&J had a few main campus guys last year. I am sure some will be at PSU as well.

Also I thought I read that the WVU Open was cancelled. Usually the Pitt redshirts are out in force there.
Grape Ape
Expert

Return to DIVISION II