WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

WVU Wrestling Clinic on October 18

Moderators: Allen Brown, GAH

WVU Wrestling Clinic on October 18

Postby Allen Brown » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:28 pm

WVU Wrestling to Host Clinic to Benefit Mike Wojcik
Free Clinic will take place on Oct. 18, from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (September 26, 2008) – On Saturday, Oct. 18, the West Virginia University wrestling team will conduct a free clinic, with donations encouraged, to benefit former Mountaineer wrestler, Mike Wojcik, who was critically injured on Aug. 10 in an ATV accident. The clinic, which will take place in the WVU Wrestling room, will run from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., with lunch provided by Chick-fil-A.

Pre-registration is strongly encouraged, but all walk-ups are welcome to participate.

In order to help Wojcik, 100 percent of all donations received will go directly to Wojcik’s family to help manage hospital bills and medical costs.

“Mike was a very enthusiastic member of the team,” WVU wrestling Head Coach Craig Turnbull said. “He had a passion for wrestling and he really enjoyed being a part of the West Virginia University wrestling program.

“He had an injury that took him away from our program to where he couldn't compete, but he stayed affiliated with it,” Turnbull continued. “He always came to see how the team was doing. Whenever I saw him in the halls, he always wanted to talk about wrestling, and several times when people were working out on their own, he would get dressed to help them out. He was a very active and passionate member when he was on the team.”

Wojcik was a two-year member of the WVU wrestling team from 2005-07. He graduated in May of 2008 with a bachelor’s degree in physical education. Wojcik landed his first job at a middle school in Old Bridge, N.J., as a physical education teacher.

“I remember him being very excited about getting ready to move on and graduate and begin his first teaching position,” Turnbull said. “We're all very concerned and I was saddened when I heard what happened, but we're all very hopeful that he will battle back from this.”

For more information regarding the wrestling clinic, contact Assistant Coach Greg Jones at (304) 293-5383.

For More Information, Contact:
Ira Green, (304) 293-2821
Ira.Green@mail.wvu.edu
Allen Brown

Return to EASTERN WRESTLING LEAGUE