WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Funding for new Lock Haven Wrestling Center

Moderator: GAH

Funding for new Lock Haven Wrestling Center

Postby mattown-maniac » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:28 pm

This is something for wrestling fans to look forward to! A fine example of the community working together for what is truly important - Wrestling!

http://www.lockhaven.com/news/urgent-in ... ng-center/
mattown-maniac
Veteran

Re: Funding for new Lock Haven Wrestling Center

Postby Husky1967 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Super, MM! Bald Eagles doing well! Have a great holiday season!!
Husky1967
Veteran

Postby RichB » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:04 pm

I was at the LHHS Christmas wrestling tournament (16 teams) about 20 years ago. It was at the university (Thomas?) field house. At the same time They were hosting a basketball tourney at the HS. (There was also, the same dates the Bald Eagle Nittany tourney ~1 mile away. I had assumed this arrangement was because of more floor space and more seating at Thomas. But it seems like, if I read this correctly, LHU tournaments and Duals will be at the old HS Gymn. Thomas seats about 2000 for duals (and BB) does it not?

Whatever, the old college wrestling room had a HS feel so this is an improvement.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

Postby mattown-maniac » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:12 pm

LHU had 2300 people at the Rutgers dual recently. That doesn't mean Thomas Fieldhouse seats 2300 but it is close to that. The new facility will be LHU's primary home and I would expect Thomas to continue to be used for various events. This has been in the works for some time and it sounds like they are ready to get started on it. The article says the project completion date is one year from demolition. I guess that means they are going to demolish the high school and build an entirely new building in its place? Also, the grant is supposed to cover 40% of the cost but the total cost is $9 mil. $1 mil is not 40% of $9 mil but I do believe they have it all figured out.
mattown-maniac
Veteran

Return to EASTERN WRESTLING LEAGUE