New George Mason Coach

Moderator: GAH

New George Mason Coach

Postby KTG » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:17 pm

KTG
Veteran

Re: New George Mason Coach

Postby KolbyNorthHall » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:53 pm

As a Bloomsburg grad myself it does hurt to have Frank take the George Mason job and not the Bloomsburg job when it was open. What does George Mason have to offer that Bloom did not have?
KolbyNorthHall
Novice

Postby mm55 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:12 pm

I read somewhere Meester was the first choice. If I'm wrong I'm assuming it had to be salary if he turned it down. Figure Lou rosseli turned down the Buffalo job bc of money. That would have been a huge get for them.

I think Beasley will do a great job at GMU. Hopefully he can upgrade the assistants and get an rtc going. He has to be able to bring in more high profile recruits that what GMU has been getting.
mm55
Veteran

Postby Bart » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:13 am

mm55 wrote:I read somewhere Meester was the first choice. If I'm wrong I'm assuming it had to be salary if he turned it down. Figure Lou rosseli turned down the Buffalo job bc of money. That would have been a huge get for them.

I think Beasley will do a great job at GMU. Hopefully he can upgrade the assistants and get an rtc going. He has to be able to bring in more high profile recruits that what GMU has been getting.

Beasley was in the running after Meister left, and they hired Gordon. Beasley was reportedly in the final 3. I don't recall if he was also interviewed prior to Meister's hiring. Overlooking him twice would be hard to understand.
Bart
Expert

Postby CJC » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:36 pm

KolbyNorthHall wrote:As a Bloomsburg grad myself it does hurt to have Frank take the George Mason job and not the Bloomsburg job when it was open. What does George Mason have to offer that Bloom did not have?

It's better academically and has way more Administrative support than Bloom.
CJC
Expert

Postby Bart » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:18 pm

CJC wrote:
KolbyNorthHall wrote:As a Bloomsburg grad myself it does hurt to have Frank take the George Mason job and not the Bloomsburg job when it was open. What does George Mason have to offer that Bloom did not have?

It's better academically and has way more Administrative support than Bloom.

George Mason is considered a national university, so it is ranked by US News at #140, tied with New Jersey Institute of Technology. Bloom is ranked as a regional university, so they probably should not be compared. But if they were:

•George Mason University is a Significantly Larger School: (33,929 vs. 9,737 Total Students)
•George Mason University is Much More Difficult to Get In: (68.9% vs. 87.7% Acceptance Rate)
•Bloomsburg Pennsylvania Offers Slightly Cheaper In-State Tuition: ($9,326 USD vs. $10,952 USD)
•Bloomsburg Pennsylvania Offers Significantly Cheaper Out-of-State Tuition: ($20,144 USD vs. $31,598 USD)
•Bloomsburg Pennsylvania Provides Much Better Freshmen Financial Aid: (88% vs. 71% of Eligible Freshmen Receive Aid)
•George Mason University Students Graduate More in 6 Years: (67% vs. 62% Graduation Rate)
•George Mason University Students Earn Considerably More Salary Post-Graduation: ($57,300 USD vs. $43,900 USD Median Salary)
•George Mason University Has Much Smaller Class Sizes: (16:1 vs. 21:1 Student-Teacher Ratio)
•George Mason University Has Slightly Hotter Summer Weather: (73 degrees Fahrenheit vs. 68 degrees Fahrenheit)
•Bloomsburg Pennsylvania Has Colder Winter Weather: (28 degrees Fahrenheit vs. 35 degrees Fahrenheit)

And Bloom wins every time.
http://colleges.startclass.com/compare/ ... University
Bart
Expert

Postby mattown-maniac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:38 pm

I didn't realize GMU was so big.
mattown-maniac
Veteran

Return to EASTERN WRESTLING LEAGUE