WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Edinboro - LH

Moderator: GAH

Edinboro - LH

Postby mattown-maniac » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:57 pm

Edinboro won 28-9. Very disappointed in the Edinboro media coverage of the match. I saw a camera icon on the Boro schedule so I thought it would be webcast. Rushed home from work to watch it only to find it's on Flowrestling and I would have to pay $30 to watch. I kept my $30. Tuned into the amateur Boro audiocast which, in a word, was "amateur." I just think a program with the stature of Edinboro would have a better media set up.
mattown-maniac
Veteran

Re: Edinboro - LH

Postby Bart » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:21 pm

It seems par for the course. You have the first post on the EWL in a month and half, and you expect there are enough fans to care about a wrestling webcast?
We are a dying breed.

I see Chance Marsteller is returning to school.
Bart
Expert

Postby mattown-maniac » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:39 pm

That's a good point and a point well taken. However, there are other perspectives to take rather than being fatalistic about it. I don't know what it is with this website. There were over 100 posters who expressed condolences here after Allen passed away yet nobody has anything to say about their teams?!?!

Sure, you can look at it as dying but Penn State routinely gets over 10,000 people at home dual meets, topping out at 15,996 a couple years ago versus Pitt. I'm saying I expect more PR out of conference leader Edinboro. Lock Haven webcasts just about all of their home dual meets and you can also get an audio webcast with knowledgeable commentators. Scott Moore does routine updates on the team on the web and these can be found on the LHU website. So, I'm just saying support your local wrestling program. I have to think there are people watching the Haven matches on the internet and there is also a lot of Twitter activity surrounding the team.

As for Marstellar, I understand he is back in school at LHU and wants to wrestle next year. If he follows the court-ordered guidelines and keeps his nose clean I believe he should be given a second chance. Clearly, it's not my decision, though.
mattown-maniac
Veteran

Postby Bart » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:01 pm

If Penn State wrestling didn't have a great following, given the state of that program, multiple forums, etc.., collegiate wrestling would be dead. I watch Bloom's webcasts, which don't have commentators, but I don't know if anyone else does. They are a young team, so that's about as much as I can say.

Marstellar could be successful, but he has used up 3 of his chances now.
Bart
Expert

Postby Husky1967 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:48 pm

I have been going to Bloomsburg matches whenever it's feasible. I live over 150 miles away. I think I have made it up to Huskyland four times this season. I also plan to be at the EWLS, although there will be a much better tournament (EIWAs) over in Lewisburg the same day. Read my post about Bloom on Bloom's future and some current issues with respect to Husky wrestling. As for posting dual meet and tournament results, there is no need to do so. All the results with box scores can be found very easily on Intermat and elsewhere. I agree with MM. I once subscribed to Flowrestling so I could watch wrestling, but the video coverages would constantly freeze, break up, and were in general poorly done. They also made it quite difficult to unsubscribe, which fact annoyed me to no end. Hope to see some of you at the EWLs.
Husky1967
Veteran

Postby mh1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Marsteller wrestled and won at Messiah Open over the weekend.
mh1
Expert

Postby Husky1967 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Bart wrote:It seems par for the course. You have the first post on the EWL in a month and half, and you expect there are enough fans to care about a wrestling webcast?
We are a dying breed.

I see Chance Marsteller is returning to school.

Don't share your pessimism, Bart. Enthusiasm for high school wrestling in District One is quite pronounced and attendance for the most part is quite good. Sorry that Bloomsburg has come upon such hard times, but it is abundantly clear that is because the powers that be at BU have become quite apathetic about athletic success. There is no impetus to get on the same level of athletic investment and accomplishment as seen in the PSAC West.
Husky1967
Veteran

Return to EASTERN WRESTLING LEAGUE