WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Mester Resigns

Moderator: GAH

Re: Mester Resigns

Postby mattown-maniac » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:08 am

Well, we'll see how it unfolds but seems to me they should take more of a long term view and take more time for the hiring. If it's truly a national search they aren't going to get the broadest pool of applicants at this time. So, maybe they do have the ideal choice on board, who knows. Or, maybe it's somebody who is available and "will do."
mattown-maniac
Veteran

Postby Bart » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:15 pm

mattown-maniac wrote:Well, we'll see how it unfolds but seems to me they should take more of a long term view and take more time for the hiring. If it's truly a national search they aren't going to get the broadest pool of applicants at this time. So, maybe they do have the ideal choice on board, who knows. Or, maybe it's somebody who is available and "will do."

It tells me they were all caught by surprise by the resignation. Meister probably thought he couldn't win at Bloom, so he abandoned ship. Maybe he had another job lined up.
Bart
Expert

Postby CJC » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Bart wrote:
mattown-maniac wrote:Well, we'll see how it unfolds but seems to me they should take more of a long term view and take more time for the hiring. If it's truly a national search they aren't going to get the broadest pool of applicants at this time. So, maybe they do have the ideal choice on board, who knows. Or, maybe it's somebody who is available and "will do."

It tells me they were all caught by surprise by the resignation. Meister probably thought he couldn't win at Bloom, so he abandoned ship. Maybe he had another job lined up.

..who the hell would hire Mester after his coaching debacle at Bloom?
CJC
Expert

Postby Bart » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:16 pm

CJC wrote:
..who the hell would hire Mester after his coaching debacle at Bloom?

There are jobs outside of coaching.
Bart
Expert

Postby Husky1967 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:15 pm

Hope it gets resovled in a constructive manner.
Last edited by Husky1967 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Husky1967
Veteran

Postby Bart » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:24 am

I see the volunteer assistant has also been removed from the coaching staff. Wrestlers appeared to have the most trouble dealing with his antics in the room. Mester was perceived as cold and aloof. Whoever they hire, it needs to be someone with people skills and personality traits that are attractive, along with the wrestling knowledge.
Bart
Expert

Postby BUwrestler1 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:28 pm

The vplunder assistanthe left because he got a degree from the school and took a job outside of coaching from what I understand same with Mester. From what I hear though Chertow has a lot of enemies. Maybe that held him back before who knows. Either way I think Russ Hughes is the best choice and I hear he wants the job. I stand with him as my favorite choice for head coach.
BUwrestler1
Novice

Postby huskycolonial » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:12 am

I would hire an interim band-coach for the year and allow them to apply for the position permanently. There are a couple of guys on this roster, Spiller for instance, he could be All-Americans if coached. As for Mester, I hope his new job is in IT where he doesn't have to deal with clients who expect him to have a personality.
huskycolonial
Veteran

Postby mm55 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:10 pm

I feel an interm tag would work at most places who can land more high profile recruits. However a place like Bloomsburg where you have to beat the bushes to get some quality guys that's not the case. They need someone in for the long haul to attract under the radar guys while pulling the occasional top 150 recruit or two to bolster the lineup.

I saw Ken Chertow was interested in an earlier in this thread. Apparently it's said he has some enemies out there. He seems old enough thst Bloomsburg would be his last stop. He has a ton of connections with his camps and has alot of relationships of thst with those guys. A guy like Alex Clemson that was mentioned earlier seems to be a guy thst would use Bloomsburg as a stepping stone based on where he's been so far.
mm55
Veteran

Postby Husky1967 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:15 pm

I have been told by a reliable source that it is now down to three candidates.
Husky1967
Veteran

Postby Bloomu1972 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:19 pm

Want the best possible candidate hired. Someone who is a technician that can improve the wrestling room. Someone who will have the ability to recruit student athletes for a Division 1 program. Someone who will have the ability to be a fundraiser for the program. And someone the administration can picture being at Bloom for awhile,. Don't know if a Roger Sanders clone is out there among the 3 final candidates but I sure hope so.
Bloomu1972
Novice

Postby mm55 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:29 pm

Who are the 3 finalists? Is Marcus Gordon even in the running?
mm55
Veteran

Postby Husky1967 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:53 pm

mm55 wrote:Who are the 3 finalists? Is Marcus Gordon even in the running?

According to my source, the answer is yes.
Husky1967
Veteran

Postby Bart » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:19 pm

Husky1967 wrote:
mm55 wrote:Who are the 3 finalists? Is Marcus Gordon even in the running?

According to my source, the answer is yes.

And the other two are.....
Bart
Expert

Postby Husky1967 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:45 am

One has a Penn State connection and the other has an ACC connection. Get my drift?
Husky1967
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to EASTERN WRESTLING LEAGUE