WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Marsteller

Moderator: GAH

Marsteller

Postby Npgheaglefan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:03 pm

According to Intermat Chance is in big trouble! I can't believe he has wasted his second chance. I will be interested to see how LHU responds.....
Npgheaglefan
Veteran

Re: Marsteller

Postby mm55 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:41 pm

LHU has kicked him off the team. I commend them for that. It's tough for a school to get a high profile recruit thst could boost their image and kick him off. He deserved everything he got. Hopefully they still have a decent season without him.
mm55
Veteran

Postby Bloomu1972 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:26 am

It is very unfortunate. But he has only himself to blame. To throw away this second chance opportunity is unbelievable. I would have to guess his wrestling career ias over. Lock Haven should still have a nice team. But they could of been a top 15 team with Chance possibly.
Bloomu1972
Novice

Postby mattown-maniac » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:56 pm

Not much choice in the matter. He's in deep doo-doo. I have to think Monday he will be suspended from LHU entirely and I believe that suspension would apply to the entire state system. Find the story at the link below.

https://therecord-online.com
mattown-maniac
Veteran

Postby Bart » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:40 pm

The whole thing suggests drugs or mental illness.
Bart
Expert

Postby mattown-maniac » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:03 pm

I decided that I don't want to jump to conclusions. Nobody knows how this will unfold. I think the events described all took place off campus (I think the student housing is off campus but I could be wrong) so he needs to deal with the legal ramifications. I think it's a different situation if the crime is actually on campus. He could conceivably continue to be enrolled while the case is pending. Who knows, he could eventually be reinstated to the team. He will need somebody to help him to recover from this night. I'm going to leave this to the legal system, the university, and his coaches. It is a bad situation, though. That's for sure.
mattown-maniac
Veteran

Postby mm55 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:29 pm

Honeatly with the charges I don't see him coming back. I think Scott Moore is trying to build a winning culture and not be a refugee school for troubled kids like Edinboro did with garrett scott and Paul donohue. We all learned day 1 of high school thst student athletes are held to a higher standard than a regular student. We knew we had to walk a straight line otherwise we were dealt heavy penalties. From what's coming to light from his OSU release it looks like he has preexisting issues.
mm55
Veteran

Postby Npgheaglefan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Not sure why LHU coaches and admin would ever let him back on the wrestling team even if this wasn't on campus.

Makes you believe that Cael knew something that everyone else didn't..........
Npgheaglefan
Veteran

Postby mattown-maniac » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:11 pm

So who is LHU's new 165 lb'er? Is Cordes still there?
mattown-maniac
Veteran

Postby Husky1967 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:16 pm

Bart wrote:The whole thing suggests drugs or mental illness.

I agree, Bart. This young man obviously needs some kind of professional help. Hopefully he gets it soon and is able to put his life back together again and get back on the right track.
Husky1967
Veteran

Return to EASTERN WRESTLING LEAGUE