WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Line-ups

Moderator: GAH

Re: Line-ups

Postby bluebook » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:16 am

This is what I see as the opening day starting lineup.

125: Gromacki
133: Ortz
141: Zacherl
149: Bartolo
157: Cahill
165: Delong
174: Rigous
184: Marmoll
197: Conti
Hwt: Daley
bluebook
Novice

Postby mm55 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:15 pm

The lineup is coming together. What should we expect from 174-hwt?
mm55
Veteran

Postby bluebook » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:27 pm

IMO -Based on what I have both seen and heard 174-Hwt Clarion is pretty solid. I was impressed with the Rigous/Marmoll match Thought they wrestled tough.
197 match was also a good one. The Hwt. also impressed. All in all I would say they will be a tough competitive team from start to finish
bluebook
Novice

Postby Npgheaglefan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Great feedback! Do we know if Cahill can make it down to 157 and did he cert there's? Who would be the back up,if not? I understand that Jimmy Miller also left the team and he looked like he was ready to start there.

Also, any word on Slad Horning and is he still on the team? He had a good season 2 years ago and I thought he could go at 165 and let Delong RS and we wouldn't loose much.
Npgheaglefan
Veteran

Postby bluebook » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:01 am

Eagle Fan from what I am being told the answer to your question is yes and yes. As Far as Horner I believe he has a injury although not certain how bad it is.
bluebook
Novice

Postby mm55 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:32 pm

I don't think Jimmy Miller is a huge loss. I think the DeLuca loss and Bodie Zacherl (unfortunate illness) will affect them more in the long run. DeLuca was the hwt for the next few years and Bodie was making gains it seemed and this year's RS year would have been great so they could slide hin back in at 57 and be even more productive. I hope they have another good recruiting class and continue the upward trajectory.
mm55
Veteran

Postby taylor » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:18 pm

Jimmy Miller is a big loss. He was continually getting better and was not showing he was going to plat tow anytime soon. He missed a full year of wrestling with an injury and would of still stepped in as the starter this season. Not by default, but by winning the spot. I would take Jimmy Miller over Brodie Zacherl most days. Nothing against Brodie but Jimmy is solid. I am not sure Brodie will ever see the starting lineup again. He does not have the passion for the sport like his brother has. Great kid though. Don't be surprised to see Miller back on the team next year. Just got that feeling.
Deluca would of been the starter I am guessing until he graduated and I believe he had a few AA's in him. This loss hurts a little. The one big down side was his injuries. I believe he had concussion issue which as we all know can stop an athlete in his tracks at any time. I think Daley will step in and do a great job this year. With hard work he could catch a trip to St Louis. I would not be surprised to see Conti move up to HWT next year. Which would allow Fields into the line-up. He has a good upside.

The present and future look bright for the Clarion Golden Eagles. Coach Ferraro and his staff are doing a great job.
taylor
Novice

Postby Npgheaglefan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:18 pm

Taylor - well said and I agree they are doing a good job. Bummer about both Miller and especially DeLuca.

Question - current roster (which they don't do a very good job of updating). Shows 45 guys. Understanding that some have already attritioned out. Will there be cuts and have there been any surprises?
Npgheaglefan
Veteran

Postby mm55 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:12 am

Bodie looks done after whatever illness he had. Last I read he was learning to walk again. He should have been on the bright side of .500 which is big for a team like Clarion. As for Jimmy Miller I only knew a few credentials.

What are Clarion fans feeling about Max Wohlabaugh?
mm55
Veteran

Postby huskycolonial » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:52 am

Any results from wrestle-offs? Did Bloom have any?
huskycolonial
Veteran

Postby taylor » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:01 am

mm55 wrote:Bodie looks done after whatever illness he had. Last I read he was learning to walk again. He should have been on the bright side of .500 which is big for a team like Clarion. As for Jimmy Miller I only knew a few credentials.

What are Clarion fans feeling about Max Wohlabaugh?

Brodie is up and getting better each day. I think he is back attending classes or getting ready to. I would be shocked to see him put wrestling shoes on this season, but I would also be shocked if he isn't ready to go for summer workouts.

I like the Max Wohlabaugh pick up. He is a kid that seems to be getting better each year. He is very good with the international style of wrestling and keeps getting better with folk. With that being said he is still very good with folk right now. I think he will fill in where Evan is when he is gone and I'm not sure a beat will be missed.
taylor
Novice

Postby taylor » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:12 am

Npgheaglefan wrote:Taylor - well said and I agree they are doing a good job. Bummer about both Miller and especially DeLuca.

Question - current roster (which they don't do a very good job of updating). Shows 45 guys. Understanding that some have already attritioned out. Will there be cuts and have there been any surprises?

I think the roster is at 36 now and has been updated. I am not 100% but I think they are officially carrying 32 guys on the official roster. I believe they have a few of the 36 hurt which gets them to the 32. An if you notice Jimmy Miller is still listed, so that leads me to believe that he will be back at some point. When I am not sure but I am guessing he will be back.

Cuts I am not sure maybe one. I think the workouts and the hard work they have been putting in have made the cuts for them.

Surprises ? : To me I think Mike Bartolo could be the surprise of the whole EWL if he keeps improving. From what I have heard he is doing really well an he showed it during the Blue Gold match.
taylor
Novice

Postby Npgheaglefan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:02 pm

What happened to Duffy?
Npgheaglefan
Veteran

Postby taylor » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:31 am

Npgheaglefan wrote:What happened to Duffy?

From what I gather he really loves his family, they are very very close and he did not want to be away from them. His dad has a pretty good business and I think he went home to work along side him as he has done since he was probably able to walk. He's a great kid, would of loved to see what he could of done a the college mat.
taylor
Novice

Postby Boro Fan II » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:51 am

I went to Edinboro wrestleoffs Saturday. Austin Matthews looks great at 165. Looks completely healed from knee issues. At 141, Vath, Hagan and Ozzy Lugo all battled pretty evenly, with Vath winning the weight. Ozzy Lugo looks very young and pretty small for 141, so even if he had won the weight I wonder if they still would have redshirted him. Dakota Geer and Dylan Reynolds battled pretty evenly at 184, with Geer winning 2 out of 3. Not sure what they will do there, but I'd assume redshirt one of them with the hope one of them grows into 197 for next year. Delande at 157, Patricio Lugo at 149, Myers at 133, Russell at 125, and Miller at 285 all looked very solid. Not sure who will be at 197.

Should be another solid Boro team. First home match is Nov 13 vs Pitt. Go Boro. :)
Boro Fan II
Novice

PreviousNext

Return to EASTERN WRESTLING LEAGUE