Coach Mester

Postby huskycolonial » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Has he been fired yet?
huskycolonial
Veteran

Re: Coach Mester

Postby CJC » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:06 pm

..he's gotta go!

if he had any integrity, he would resign immediately.
CJC
Expert

Postby huskycolonial » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:32 am

If he had any integrity, Bloomsburg wouldn't be in complete disarray right now.
huskycolonial
Veteran

Postby huskycolonial » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:48 pm

As of this writing, Coach Mester is still employed. Hopefully Bloomsburg is putting together a schedule featuring Solanco and Bethlehem Catholic or it'll be another long year on the hill.
huskycolonial
Veteran

Postby Bloomu1972 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:28 pm

Just got this from Coach Mester. Go Huskies. let's get this program back on track. We need to recruit recruit recruit. Bloomsburg has a lot to offer. A good education. A beautiful campus, and a wrestling tradition. Go Huskies

Spring-

Team Update- The Bloomsburg Wrestling Team is lifting, conditioning, and getting individual attention with technique. The environment has been positive with everyone eager to learn.

Injured guys- Most of the wrestlers who had season ending injuries have been back in weight room and wrestling room. Each guy was able to redshirt and will come back stronger next year.

Bloomsburg Alumni Wrestling in Olympic Trials- Good luck to Rich Perry and Justin Grant who will be competing in the Olympic Trials this coming weekend. (April 8-11) The trials will be held in Iowa City, IA. Both Justin and Rich had great careers at Bloomsburg and graduated in 2014.

Community Service- The team participated in The Big Event this past weekend. We assisted the community in a "spring cleaning" of Bloomsburg. Our team helped with demolition, raking leaves, and landscaping the parks in Bloomsburg. Our team represented our program well and the event was a huge success. Nice work guys!

Summer Competition-

George Mason Duals- May 20th-22nd
The George Mason Duals with give our team a minimum of five dual meets with 20 or more college teams in attendance.

University Nationals- June 2nd-5th
This is a national freestyle event. Some of the best wrestlers in the country will be competing in this event.

We will keep everyone updated on the results.

Save the dates-

Golf Outing- August 20th

Bloomsburg Duals- July 9th
- Teams will get a minimum of 7 matches
- 15-20 teams have entered in years past
- Extra matches are welcome

Bloomsburg Team Camp- July 10th-13th
- Teams will get a minimum of 12 Duals
- Receive high level technique and strategy
- Coaches meet on strength training, nutrition, and peak training tactics
- Join us for a great camp experience

For more information on camps or golf outing
Contact Coach Mester @ jmester@bloomu.edu
or
Coach Gordon @ mgordon@bloomu.edu

GO HUSKIES!

Jason Mester
Head Wrestling Coach
Bloomsburg University
Bloomu1972
Novice

Postby huskycolonial » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:24 am

Fire Coach Mester. None of this feigned positivity means a thing when the guy has run off every decent recruit we get. These updates are as worthless as tits on a nun.
huskycolonial
Veteran

Postby CJC » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:53 pm

huskycolonial wrote:Fire Coach Mester. None of this feigned positivity means a thing when the guy has run off every decent recruit we get. These updates are as worthless as tits on a nun.

I agree, talk is cheap.

The results speak volumes to where this team is at and it's not in a good place.
CJC
Expert

Postby Bloomu1972 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:13 pm

We need to be positive and give the Coach a chance. Don't you remember what happened to the program when Coach Sanders left? It was not good. Went through several coaches B4 the program got turned around. What good coach would come to Bloom reading the stuff some of you are posting? I was student at Bloom when Russ Houck was fired. The creator of Bloomsburg wrestling. We did not even have a team my senior year at Bloom. We need to support our coach period.
Bloomu1972
Novice

Postby Bart » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:37 pm

Bloomu1972 wrote:We need to be positive and give the Coach a chance. Don't you remember what happened to the program when Coach Sanders left? It was not good. Went through several coaches B4 the program got turned around. What good coach would come to Bloom reading the stuff some of you are posting? I was student at Bloom when Russ Houck was fired. The creator of Bloomsburg wrestling. We did not even have a team my senior year at Bloom. We need to support our coach period.

I agree. It's time to remain calm and circle the wagons. No one has the money to buy out contracts at this point.
Bart
Expert

Postby CJC » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Remain calm?

I won't even waste my time following Mester.

And I've been a fan since 1975. I was at the Iowa dual, the Penn State dual, and many matches during the Wirnsberger/ Stutzman Era.

This team needs new leadership NOW!
CJC
Expert

Postby huskycolonial » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:02 am

April 17. Fall semester begins in 4 months. Mester still has a job.
huskycolonial
Veteran

Postby huskycolonial » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:31 am

What's the over/under on how many Bloom recruits and guys currently on the roster quit this year?
huskycolonial
Veteran

Postby Bart » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:38 pm

huskycolonial wrote:What's the over/under on how many Bloom recruits and guys currently on the roster quit this year?

Why don't you ask the coach tomorrow?

Jason Mester ‏@JasonMester1 · 4h4 hours ago

Bloomsburg wrestling golf outing tomorrow at 10 am. We still have openings and ready to enjoy day with alumni, wrestlers, and friends.

Bart
Expert

Postby Bart » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:16 pm

Mitch Rupert ‏@Mitch_Rupert · 36m36 minutes ago

Hearing from multiple sources that Bloomsburg University wrestling coach Jason Mester resigned today

Willie Saylor ‏@WillieAtFLO · 1h1 hour ago

A DI head coaching position just opened up.

Bart
Expert

Postby Husky1967 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:08 pm

I too have heard from a VERY reliable source that Jason Mester has resigned as head coach of Bloomsburg University wrestling.
Husky1967
Veteran

Return to EASTERN WRESTLING LEAGUE