WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Bloomsburg Ignored in the AWN

Moderator: GAH

Bloomsburg Ignored in the AWN

Postby Husky1967 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:05 pm

I just finished reading an article in the AWN about the top Div I wrestling teams in the country, and how Penn State has ascended to the status of "top dog". It was pointed out deep into the article that PA has the most Div I programs of any state in the country. The article mentioned Penn State, Pitt, Penn, Bucknell, Drexel. Lehigh, Franklin and Marshall, Lock Haven, Edinboro, Clarion, and--and --and--..! Guess who did not even get listed as being Division I?? Yes, the answer is Bloomsburg. This is where we decades-long, Husky followers and supporters are now. We don't even deserve a mention as being Div I. There was a time when much was written about Bloomsburg Div I wrestling in the AWN. Now we don't exist. Pity!!
Husky1967
Veteran

Re: Bloomsburg Ignored in the AWN

Postby huskycolonial » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:00 pm

You may be the only one who cares because no one at the school does clearly.
huskycolonial
Veteran

Postby KolbyNorthHall » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:25 pm

I sent an EMail to AWN asking them if they ever heard of 3 time NCAA champion Ricky Bonomo and out- standing wrestler award and NCAA champion Shorty Hitchcock? And that they missed Bloomsburg as still being a current Division 1 wrestling school and asking for a retraction of some kind in their next issue. Have not heard back from them yet.
KolbyNorthHall
Novice

Postby Husky1967 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:27 am

Thanks! I am also going to send them an E-Mail.
Husky1967
Veteran

Postby Husky1967 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:57 am

I received and read the most recent AWN and saw no mention of the "error". Maybe something will be mentioned in the next issue.
Husky1967
Veteran

Postby Npgheaglefan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Bloom has a rich history and will rebound. Just need to right the ship and stay the course!
Npgheaglefan
Veteran

Postby Husky1967 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:59 pm

Ya think? Well, I am not so sure, as I already know of any number of major wrestling contributors who are opting out, because of the wishy-washy effort by the athletic administration at Bloomsburg with respect to presenting a respectable Div I program. Am hoping for the best, but it is a stretch at this time. Guess we will see.
Last edited by Husky1967 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Husky1967
Veteran

Postby huskycolonial » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:31 am

I believe the downgrading of our athletic programs was a mission of David Soltz. He succeeded. Our once proud football program is in free fall and all other sports are in decline. Even softball and lacrosse.

Everyone knows the mission of a Division II school to provide athletic opportunities to students will "go pro" in something else. This said the chronic underinvestment has finally caught up with the school. Facilities are excellent but cannot recruit by themselves.

Wrestling is a joke. This program will not be competitive with most of the Division II schools of the PSAC.
huskycolonial
Veteran

Return to EASTERN WRESTLING LEAGUE