WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

S.S. Upsets

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

S.S. Upsets

Postby thewhorehouseisbusy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:47 am

Post your Southern Scuffle upset predictions here. Assuming he gets out of the first round Zain Retherford will lose to Jon Mele. Not really an upset I guess but nonetheless since he's a #1 seed that's my first "upset".
thewhorehouseisbusy
Veteran

Re: S.S. Upsets

Postby JDALU75 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:36 am

Man o' War will fail to win the Sanford Stakes.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Postby John Henning » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:40 am

Your post is pretty funny.....following your post re; Midlands which was tongue in cheek. At least you are moderating your disdain with humor.

There will be plenty of upsets as there always are. Predicting them doesn't make them upsets now does it? The fun of watching these huge tournaments is being excited when they occur.

This is my favorite time of the year -- the preliminaries are over. Midlands (such as it is) the Southern Scuffle mark the beginning....then really meaningful duals followed by conference qualifiers and Nationals. They will be a lot of jockeying for position with teams pulling red shirts for certain key guys. But in the end it will be PSU and tOSU battling it out. I will predict tOSU prevails but only if Tomasello competes. I'm not thinking he wins it but he'll score heavily. Without him, it's over.

I imagine Lehigh is being extra cautious with Preisch and it's probably unanimous among fans that's a good idea. Let him heal properly for the stretch run. LU needs him to place top 4 if they have any intentions of winning a plaque. Noticed Ammerman is our 184 entry. The kid is wrestling well and seriously, who saw that coming? The LU room is producing some really good kids. So if you are a potential recruit and rival coaches are saying their room is a better place to develop (see McKenna), then just take a look at Dylan Ammerman pinning two seeds at Midlands and making the quarters. BTW, I'd rather have Karam for 4 years then McKenna for 2.....we'll see how they place in March.

As Eddie Murphy said in Trading Places "MERRY NEW YEAR"
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men." John F Kennedy
John Henning
Expert

Postby D3 for LU » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:53 am

Oh, no son... it gives me the winds something terrible. :P
D3
Sir? A pint of your finest ale, please!
Never Argue with an Idiot.
They'll bring you down to their level...and beat you with experience.
D3 for LU
Expert

Postby BP-LU87 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:20 am

Parker
BP-LU87
Expert

Postby klehner » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:21 am

BP-LU87 wrote:Parker

Nice call! How could you have guessed that?
Cornell 1980, Parent Lehigh 2020!
klehner
Expert

Postby BP-LU87 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:25 am

JDA’s crystal ball
BP-LU87
Expert

Return to Lehigh