WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Midlands Brackets Posted

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Re: Midlands Brackets Posted

Postby LU in NJ » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:19 pm

>>>>>>>>Conti is a 5th yr senior who finished EWL 2nd last yr. He simply had too much horse power for Gentile.

Brands can pull every available redshirt, but even then I don't think Iowa has the horses to finish in the top two this year.

I don't want to jinx The Hammer, but he's a match away from placing at the Midlands after never placing in hs. Quite a turn around and a great story if he can pull one more upset this afternoon.

He looked full sized at 184 and gave Gravina a all he could handle.

It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:37 pm

>>>>by Spladle88 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:43 pm
Wally please refer to post directly above the one you just posted..... thanks....

... Against my better judgment I typed two full responses - but both times my computer crashed. Since it must be trying to tell me something, I'm certainly not going to re-write again.

... Please refrain from clicking 'send' before sending posts you can't back up, like dumping on Sports Info which deserves respect

... When you make similarly inept bids at humor, try to make it look funny

... Better still, since you're good at evaluating wrestling, stick to that

Sincerely, Rain Man, who at least bids for Qantas-like accuracy, whether or not boring to some
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby Spladle88 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:59 pm

Wally please refer to my post previous to your last indignant and self righteous post.... Thank you
Spladle88
Expert

Postby D3 for LU » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:27 pm

WallyCKP wrote:>>>>by Spladle88 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:43 pm
Wally please refer to post directly above the one you just posted..... thanks....

... Against my better judgment I typed two full responses - but both times my computer crashed. Since it must be trying to tell me something, I'm certainly not going to re-write again.

... Please refrain from clicking 'send' before sending posts you can't back up, like dumping on Sports Info which deserves respect

... When you make similarly inept bids at humor, try to make it look funny

... Better still, since you're good at evaluating wrestling, stick to that

Sincerely, Rain Man, who at least bids for Qantas-like accuracy, whether or not boring to some

Spladle88 wrote:Wally please refer to my post previous to your last indignant and self righteous post.... Thank you

This reminds me of a Three Stooges short, where Larry Fine gets between two women arguing with each other, trying to break it up, yelling "Girls, Girls!" while both women wind up slapping Larry silly. :shock:
:P ... I'll remember to duck when you two take that swing at yours truly. :wink:

I took a look on FloPro at Ammerman's QF bout w/gorilla Gravina... I'll grant that DA "held his own" against the Rutgers senior, though it took him practically the entire 2nd pd to grab that escape point (WELL earned but almost out of time!)
W/ RT practically locked as the 3rd pd wound down... DA's last chance to score came w/not enough time... though it was encouraging to see that he took that opportunity while it presented itself.
Gravina, (somebody correct me if my assessment is off) comes off as a grinder vs a scoring machine, so I'm not surprised that it was a low scoring affair. Dylan Ammerman's stock went up imho. 8)

Bonus points... did anyone see Spencer Lee's bout w/ Edinboro's Russell?!? :shock:
Never mind that Lee's coming off a serious knee injury... he most definitely ready for PRIMETIME!
Though, at first glance, I couldn't find video of Suriano/Moisey QF match... I heard that Moisey was easily handled. :o
Nothing for nothing, as much as I would WANT to see Darian repeat... that task appears to be extremely difficult to this observer. :|
Long time till those three days in March and a lot could happen by then... we'll see.
D3

ps... I finally saw the Suriano/Moisey QF match... though no bonus points, Suriano put a grinding ride to Moisey in the 2nd pd (Moisey couldn't get off his belly...no chance at all! :shock: )
The initial TD was at the end of the first, and it was a beaut for Suriano (FloPro recording, apparently was edited to the last 20-30 seconds of the 1st.)
Not that Moisey isn't any good, mind you... Suriano is THAT much better! :roll:
This surely will be the Midlands primetime bout for the finals, FER SURE (TOTALLY!)
Sir? A pint of your finest ale, please!
Never Argue with an Idiot.
They'll bring you down to their level...and beat you with experience.
D3 for LU
Expert

Postby Spladle88 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:55 pm

Suriano is a great rider, but not necessarily for getting back points more for just grinding guys down and wearing them out.....Lee’s top game wears you down and scores points.....that’s why i like Lee comfortably....however if Suriano can keep it close till the end, as others have said Suriano should have better gas tank....
Spladle88
Expert

Postby D3 for LU » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:20 pm

Spladle88 wrote:Suriano is a great rider, but not necessarily for getting back points more for just grinding guys down and wearing them out.....Lee’s top game wears you down and scores points.....that’s why i like Lee comfortably....however if Suriano can keep it close till the end, as others have said Suriano should have better gas tank....

Nice analysis, Spladle.
On another front... since I see that the BIG10network logo is splashed on the bottom of the score-block... will it be a BLACKOUT for the finals for Flo on viewing?
(THAT would be a shame. :roll: )
D3
D3 for LU
Expert

Postby know it all » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:30 pm

Lee vr. that New Jersey kid that went to PSU for a year.

The PSU kid you say can grind but doesn't turn for near fall points is why I say they (the NCAA) needs to do something about stall time.
If you don't turn you opponent for near fall points you should be penalized for stalling. Wrestling is all about pinning you opponent. Don't riding the h**l out of him on top.

I will take Lee any day over a hang on from the top and lets not try to pin our opponent from the top.
I will always take a PA kid over the NJ kid just because I'm a republican and not a democrat. (Trolling)

Otherwise good experience for our up and coming.

Lehigh fan forever!!!!!!!
know it all
Veteran

Postby thewhorehouseisbusy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Outstanding performance by the Lehigh contingent at Midlands. They all wrestled hard and will be better wrestlers from the experience. And kudos to Jeff Buxton for his inspirational leadership throughout.
thewhorehouseisbusy
Veteran

Postby ms64 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Just watched Ammerman up 4-1 lose to Heyob of Penn. Nearly was pinned.
ms64
Expert

Postby D3 for LU » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:24 pm

10-4... Ammerman was virtually OUT in the third, but hung out too long, while Heyob slapped a merkle on him.
I SCREAMED AT MY MONITOR, NO!!!

8 points in NF's in the 3rd for Heyob.

Ammerman should of won it... I guess that's where experience comes in.
No medals for the Hawkineers @ this Midlands tournament. :|
D3
D3 for LU
Expert

HOLD THE PRESSES...

Postby D3 for LU » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:51 pm

Both 125 SF were NOT walkovers featuring the Lee/Suriano Show.
Lee lost to the slick Bresser of Oregon St.3-1 w/a late scamble td... just avoiding the reversal by Lee in the closing seconds.
Suriano survives Sebastian Rivera of NoWestern, 7-6.
Never mind Lee & Suriano... the overall 125 field just got crowded considerably! :shock:
D3
D3 for LU
Expert

Postby Spladle88 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:53 pm

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and predict Yianni and Spencer Lee never lose on the same day again in their college career.....unless maybe it's NCAA finals day, even then I doubt it

And seeing that Spencer Lee medical forfeited out after loss, I would guess the shirt stays on for this year

I will admit Spencer Lee loss shocked me, i will also admit i don’t recall ever seeing Ronnie Bresser wrestle before..... but he has wrestled Spencer Lee, Daton Fix and Nick Suriano and given up zero takedowns this year to the three of them? Wow....
Spladle88
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:55 pm

>>I'm going to go way out on a limb here and predict Yianni and Spencer Lee never lose on the same day again in their college career.....unless maybe it's NCAA finals day, even then I doubt it

... Unless maybe you had to back it up with, say, $100? Way out on what limb? :D
... I vividly recall an expert Ironman observer noting Bo Jordan went 20-0 as redshirting freshman and privately emailed some of us that "Bo might well be the next 4x NCAA champion." I chided him about the prediction back then, but haven't mentioned it since.
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby LU in NJ » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:35 pm

>>>>>>>>It's reasonable to predict Yianni and Lee will be competing at future NCAAs, and it's entirely possible both could lose on the same day at the NCAAs.

Not much of a stretch for two highly seeded guys to be upset on the 2nd day of the NCAAs (quarters and semis).

It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert

Postby RichB » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:51 pm

Teasdale also lost yesterday at Powerade. Bet a lot of WPIAL guys would have said they(lee and Teasdale) would never lose on the same day
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Lehigh