WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Midlands Brackets Posted

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Re: Midlands Brackets Posted

Postby WallyCKP » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:51 pm

You posted this? "That's a long wait to wrestle to lose on a stalling point late in 3rd"

And you're calling me the master of the obvious?? ?

How about this small "stat" that backs up D-3 who offers a lot more than the obvious about Iowa tactics:

Name the only wrestler at Midlands who won their last 2 bouts by identical DQs for stalling? Iowa Hwt Sam Stoll.

The other obvious thing is no one here has ever wrestled an Iowa wrestler in Div 1
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby Spladle88 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:18 pm

See Wally you could see that for what it was which was an attempt at humor, or you could do your usual freak out and rush to defend..... Obviously your go to is freak out to defend a potential perceived slight..... Whatever you be you, must get awful tiresome to be that paranoid and self righteous...... But hey if our opinion doesn't agree with yours you can always bury us in useless facts , statistics and I remember when's...

It was irrelevent because it had nothing to do with the intention of the post and I was not referring to D3's post which was correct.... I was referring to your usual drivel.....
Spladle88
Expert

Postby Spladle88 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:21 pm

But whatever would rather talk wrestling than argue with the "rain man" of the Lehigh forum.... So when you reply with your usual banter I will be waiting for a post actually about wrestling

It’s become obvious to me you submit little to creative discussion but rather like to sit back wait till someone actually makes a comment or gives an opinion or god forbid even attempts humor then you come galloping in on your white horse to dissect and defend.....whatever.....

Matty Parker has serious bottom position issues against better D1 wrestlers....
Last edited by Spladle88 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spladle88
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:41 pm

spladle's spelunking: "Yeah I missed the click bait to match notes, viewing on a phone while traveling versus on laptop or tablet these things happen. Pretty sure that was known also by what I wrote but instead of saying did you click on match notes, we go the unbelievable, don't know what your talking about, the man has ...

... Just so the board has this straight, you expect us to understand that you did an incomplete job reading Lomangino's pre-tourney Match Notes -- because you were reading it on a cell phone ?
... And that because it was a quick/inadequate read of yours, you were still somehow entitled to publicly rip Lehigh Sports Info for doing a "really weak" job on Midlands? I emphasize the phrase "publicly"
... Yet it was unbelievable that two different responses found this to be offensive?
Wow.
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby Spladle88 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:43 pm

Wally please refer to post directly above the one you just posted..... thanks....
Last edited by Spladle88 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spladle88
Expert

Postby RichB » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 pm

Ammerman left in Championships
Dunn and Gentile in consis all others gone.

But since the bufferring makes coverage suck, there is something good about it.

Have noticed in the past that the first couple hours of SS coverage usually has a lot of buffering issues, then they resolve issues.

Flo provides coverage for SS, For Midlands they are just passing coverage from BTN.

Flo gets their equipment from Oracle. BTN from Tractor Supply.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

Postby peter1977 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:59 pm

Who is Dylan Ammerman? Says on Lehigh website that his favorite movie is Pulp Fiction. Good enough for me. Too bad he lost in quarters, but hopefully he will get a few more wins in consolations.
peter1977
Veteran

Postby LU in NJ » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:06 pm

>>>>>>Hammerman loses 4-2 to RU's Gravina.

Dunn lost big to Princeton's Parker

Gentile with a solid 7-1 win to advance (I think over Central Mich)

And yes, true frosh need to add muscle to compete with the big boys------ one reason I'm an advocate of early red shirting.

It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert

Postby mr_ftl » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:40 pm

LU in NJ wrote:>>>>>>Hammerman loses 4-2 to RU's Gravina.

Dunn lost big to Princeton's Parker

Gentile with a solid 7-1 win to advance (I think over Central Mich)

And yes, true frosh need to add muscle to compete with the big boys------ one reason I'm an advocate of early red shirting.

Spencer Lee and Yianni don’t seem to need muscle. I’ll take clean technique over brawn any day.
mr_ftl
Expert

Postby LU in NJ » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:23 am

>>>>>>>>>>Some true frosh have the muscle they need to immediately excel, but the overwhelming majority don't.

Technique without the necessary strength will only go so far.

Parker, Moran, Hoffman, etc, like many quality frosh, have the technique and muscle to win at the ESU open level, but not at the Midlands level.

Check back in a year or two and you'll likely see a significant difference, especially if Parker adds muscle the way his brother did.

LU in NJ
Expert

Postby Spladle88 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:53 am

Dylan Ammerman last year went 5-8 in open tournaments....high school record of 96-41, best finish round of 12 at states......makes it to quarters of Midlands then loses close match to Gravina ranked 11th in country after knocking off two seeded wrestlers..... now that is coaching up.....

Who besides Wally had him as our only wrestler left for day 2?

Suriano vs Lee going to be one of those “epic” final matches, I pick Lee to win 6-1....
Last edited by Spladle88 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spladle88
Expert

Postby JDALU75 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:34 am

Spladle88 wrote:Dylan Ammerman last year went 5-8 in open tournaments last year.....high school record of 96-41, best finish round of 12 at states

Beat two two-time state champions yesterday; oddly, Gravina also never placed at states.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Postby trimanmatfan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:40 am

Hammerman goes against Heyob of Penn - the kid who put Gentile out with an injury last season and Preisch out this season.
"Give it 5 minutes."
trimanmatfan
Expert

Postby LUchico » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:12 am

trimanmatfan wrote:Hammerman goes against Heyob of Penn - the kid who put Gentile out with an injury last season and Preisch out this season.

Whoh! That's a little eerie. Gentile's still alive in consols, no? Who has he got next?
If Lee beats Suriano 6-1, I think Brands will pull his red shirt. I pick Lee 4-2 and the shirt gets pulled.
LUchico
Expert

Postby trimanmatfan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:17 am

LUchico wrote:
trimanmatfan wrote:Hammerman goes against Heyob of Penn - the kid who put Gentile out with an injury last season and Preisch out this season.

Whoh! That's a little eerie. Gentile's still alive in consols, no? Who has he got next?
If Lee beats Suriano 6-1, I think Brands will pull his red shirt. I pick Lee 4-2 and the shirt gets pulled.

Gentile lost to Conti of Clarion 7-3 in the consos. Hammerman's the last Lehighite standing.
"Give it 5 minutes."
trimanmatfan
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Lehigh