WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net
 

Southern Scuffle Entries

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby Legger » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:26 pm

WallyCKP wrote:Released by Steve Lomangino as promised

LEHIGH PROBABLE SOUTHERN SCUFFLE ENTRANTS RECORD


184- Andrew Price (So., Rochester, Mich.) 3-3

285-Christian Colucci (So., Summit, N.J.) 4-0


**** So Flo, jumped the gun about Ryan going to the Scuffle. Rather have him take whatever time is necessary to be ready for the rest of the season. Also good to see Colucci get to go against some top competition.
"Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is looking."
Legger
Expert
 
Posts: 2541
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:34 am
Location: Cary, NC, by the lake.

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby mr_ftl » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:59 pm

Legger wrote:
WallyCKP wrote:Released by Steve Lomangino as promised

LEHIGH PROBABLE SOUTHERN SCUFFLE ENTRANTS RECORD


184- Andrew Price (So., Rochester, Mich.) 3-3

285-Christian Colucci (So., Summit, N.J.) 4-0


**** So Flo, jumped the gun about Ryan going to the Scuffle. Rather have him take whatever time is necessary to be ready for the rest of the season. Also good to see Colucci get to go against some top competition.


Flo also has Walter scufflin' at 165. Pretty obvious that the forecast was guess work.
mr_ftl
Expert
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:40 am
Location: Las Vegas NV

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby JM » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:43 pm

FLO has listed Penn State's Scuffle Entries

Penn State had won six Southern Scuffles in a row before taking last season off. The second-ranked Nittany Lions are back for 2018 and will be favored to reclaim the team trophy on Jan. 1-2 in Chattanooga, TN, with a full-strength squad replete with hammers.

125 - Devin Schnupp
133 - Dom Giannangeli
133 - Corey Keener
141 - Jered Cortez
141 - Nick Lee

Lee still has his redshirt on and Cortez has been performing well for the Nittany Lions when he's been healthy. However, with the right kind of result at the Scuffle, Nick may prove that Spencer is not the only Lee who needs to be freed this season.

149 - Bo Pipher
149 - Zain Retherford
149 - Jarod Verkleeren

This will be a great opportunity to see the cadet freestyle world champ in action, as Verkleeren's only competition while at Penn State has been the Kaloust Open back in November, which he won in convincing fashion.

157 - Jason Nolf
165 - Vincenzo Joseph

Joseph has been out of action since the Nov. 17 Binghamton dual, and fans looking to see how the defending NCAA champ is doing will have a prime opportunity to do so in a loaded 165-pound bracket.

174 - Franny Bisono
174 - Mark Hall
184 - Bo Nickal

Nickal and Hall are still appointment viewing whenever they wrestle, so please plan accordingly.

184 - Devon Van Cura
197 - Anthony Cassar
197 - Matt McCutcheon
197 - Shakur Rasheed

Although it appeared that Cassar had solidified his starting position in the Nittany Lions' lineup after winning the Keystone Classic, intra-squad contenders McCutcheon — a three-time NCAA qualifier — and Corey Rasheed are both registered to enter the fray at 197.

285 - Nick Nevills
285 - Alex Nicholas
JM
Expert
 
Posts: 2719
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:40 am
Location: NJ

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby JDALU75 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:58 pm

JM wrote:Nick may prove that Spencer is not the only Lee who needs to be freed this season.

"Free Lee"? I like it.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert
 
Posts: 3728
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:37 pm
Location: Forest, VA

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby JDALU75 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:02 pm

WallyCKP wrote:Lehigh Midlands Entrants
125 - Matt Parker* ........149 - Camden Fischer
133 - Joe Lobeck* ........184 - Dylan Ammerman
133/141 - Dan Moran*.... 184 - Paul Dunn
141 - Jimmy Hoffman*... 197 - Kyle Gentile*
141 - Ryan Pomrinca..... 197 - Thomas Murray

I'm surprised by such a large contingent. I thought Mids had lower limits on non-varsity groupings.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert
 
Posts: 3728
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:37 pm
Location: Forest, VA

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby thewhorehouseisbusy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:17 pm

No way Gentile is a 197lbr., he just gets pounded.
thewhorehouseisbusy
Veteran
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby TMH » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:31 pm

I thought Kyle Gentile was 8-1 this season with all bouts being at 197. I believe Brucki (Princeton) was his only loss.
TMH
Veteran
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:49 am

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby JDALU75 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:53 pm

TMH wrote:I thought Kyle Gentile was 8-1 this season with all bouts being at 197. I believe Brucki (Princeton) was his only loss.

9-2. Also lost to Kasunic at the Wilkes Open.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert
 
Posts: 3728
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:37 pm
Location: Forest, VA

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby RichB » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:03 pm

We knew Preisch and Walter would not be competing anywhere.

Had hoped to see Paetzell, but...

Lock Haven also has a tourney tomorrow.

Could it be that we could send ten guys to midlands because there numbers are down? Or 5 attached was needed for 5 unattached.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:22 pm

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby Spladle88 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:03 pm

Wally all I can assume is you are intentionally dense sometimes because generally you seem quick on the uptake..... You don't know what I'm complaining about that the nite before Midlands starts the best the Lehigh athletic department can do is say we are going to have 10 guys there, oh and here's two of them? Seems to be a big who cares to the fans and a lack of respect to the wrestlers.... They aren''t wrestling for a team title at Midlands so spare me any competitive advantage takes.....

And if you'd like to let Darian know what I wrote that would be great, but I highly doubt he cares what I think or actually cares that you feel the need to defend him either.....
Spladle88
Expert
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:35 am

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby RichB » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:51 pm

Spladle88 wrote:Wally all I can assume is you are intentionally dense sometimes because generally you seem quick on the uptake..... You don't know what I'm complaining about that the nite before Midlands starts the best the Lehigh athletic department can do is say we are going to have 10 guys there, oh and here's two of them? Seems to be a big who cares to the fans and a lack of respect to the wrestlers.... They aren''t wrestling for a team title at Midlands so spare me any competitive advantage takes.....

And if you'd like to let Darian know what I wrote that would be great, but I highly doubt he cares what I think or actually cares that you feel the need to defend him either.....


What the heck are you talking about?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... _notes.pdf

Page 6, left column, 2 "Paragraph". Lists the 10 entrants at Midlands. It has been posted for at least 6 hours. since mid-afternoon, if not earlier.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:22 pm

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby LU in NJ » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:19 pm

>>>>>>>Match Notes focused on the primary event--- which for Lehigh is the Scuffle-----and also provided the list of guys heading to the Midlands.

Pretty straightforward and shouldn't cause any complaints.

Nor do I see any reason for complaints about Darian so far this season.

It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert
 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:53 pm

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby WallyCKP » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:19 am

A spladle is a highly intricate pinning combination quite exciting if sometimes dangerous for the wrestler stuck in one.

Spladle is a poster so caught up with blind annoyance that he can't see:

Lehigh U SPorts Info post all ten entries by name, both attached and unattached

Fails to read my cut-and-paste proving they did

Fails to see JDA re=cut-and-paste the 10 names.

Hopefully finally saw RBolden ask him: "What the heck are you talking about?" regurgitating the obvious content, at least who take the time to read before blasting a professional office.

I don't give a rat's ass if you ever apologize to me, but you owe one to SID, Steve Lomangino. Married, father of two, lives, eats and breathes Lehigh Athletics including wrestling, travels with the team almost every road trip. Unlike you and your idle whims and biased writings, he won National Wrestling SID of the Year by reporting facts. But just keep seeing what you want to see, right?

THis is absurd.
WallyCKP
Expert
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby LUchico » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:15 am

LU in NJ wrote:Nor do I see any reason for complaints about Darian so far this season.


Oh come on LU. Noone is complaining except maybe you complaining that Spladle is complaining. :shock: Lets put it in perspective because there is an interesting discussion to be had here.
Way back in the beginning of this Scuffle thread Klehner threw out the question "how do we think Darian will do against Fix?", which I thought was a lot more interesting than who was going to which tournament attached and unattached.
Noone replied except Spladle who basically said he favors Cruz in a tight match over Fix if the bout happens. And he thought it would be tight because in his opinion Darian, surprisingly, hadn't opened it up this yr. I don't completely agree with Spladle, but I did see the Picinnini match close up. Darian was quite aggressive in that match. He got the first TD and was riding Pic pretty well, but seemed a little desperate throwing that cradle on the bigger, longer Pic, who used a spectacular move to roll through with the cradle on and somehow break it and put Darian on his back for 4 or 5 pts. So that's a learning moment probably. But Darian couldn't break through Pic's defense in the 3d period to close the gap which was disappointing. Basically he just didn't wrestle his best match and the polls tarred and feathered him for that. Plus he didn't look that great at Bucknell against a kid most of us didn't know much about. But after that, he beat up on guys, that as Spladle said, you would expect him to. Except Michigan's Mattin (who was quite good and really was). Darian started methodically but just got better and better in pursuit of a major which he got. A beautiful match.
But Fuentas (Drexel) was a head scratcher. Darian let him slow the pace as Denny said, and Darian shouldn't have let the match come down to a one point win.
But he's still undefeated officially with the unofficial loss to Pic. which he might have won but for the Cradle mistake. (That may be your point LU about no need to criticize)
Denny's statistics remind me of something else. Darian (actually Randy too) have always seemed to learn and get better and better over time. Darian's improvement last year from his loss to Lisack to the NCAA championship was amazing. A lot has to do with the coaches, but the wrestlers have to actually absorb it and make the improvements, and IMO the Cruz's do that as well as anyone I've seen with regularity.
Win his second NCAA's? I can't say, although I give him a pretty good chance. There are some very good 125's in the hunt this year (maybe four or five who could realistically win. But one thing for sure is that in that tournament, Darian will string a bunch of matches together which will be the very very best he can offer.
LUchico
Expert
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Southern Scuffle Entries

Postby WallyCKP » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:42 am

Actually, Fuentes didn't surprise me one bit: they've known each other "forever" in D-11 and three of their 4 bouts so far have been snoozers -- because Zack slows things down (refuses to mix it up) to even his slim odds.

The one time he mixed it up (last year in Grace), Darian won 4-1 in TDs:

Darian Cruz dec over Zack Fuentes 10 – 5 (12/11/16)
Darian Cruz dec over Zack Fuentes 2 – 1 (11/16/14)
Darian Cruz dec over Zack Fuentes 3 – 1 (1/4/14)

A more classic example came in Rd. 2 of NCAAs last year when Ohio U's Shakur Laney forced a snooze fest hoping to steal a bout but losing 1-0. I know how to spell aberration and this clearly was it. was i comfortable ? Hell, no, but I wasn't gonna 2nd-guess our guy who wrestled flat-out brilliantly in St. L. The Bucknell kid refused to wrestle in Nov; few refs are gonna DQ a kid in Wk 1. Would I like him to wrestle like Nolf, sure -- but then I have to want 10 of those. He is a Rembrandt on the mats, not Attila the Hun
WallyCKP
Expert
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lehigh

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Great Lake and 8 guests