WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net
 

Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby mr_ftl » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:42 pm

RichB wrote:
LU in the Hub wrote:Just goes to show you how much talent there is in D1. The Boiling Springs Bubblers ... really, they went with that?

Out but out for some exercise.


They won School nickname of the week once on ESPN, Along with the Biglerville Canners, Easton Red Rovers, and Phillipsburg Stateliners.

The Bubblers, are surrounded by Wildcats, Eagles, Bulldogs, and Buffaloes (Ok Thundering Herd)

Nothing wrong with a unique identifiable name.


with respect to Bubblers, I could see the folks in Bristol CT finding it amusing... as a Bubbler is a term for a water fountain in parts of New England.
mr_ftl
Expert
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:40 am
Location: Las Vegas NV

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby LU in NJ » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:43 pm

>>>>>>>>I'm always interested in seeing how a young guy responds after a loss early in a tournament.

Some wrestlers that suffer an early round loss get a chance for redemption vs the same guy later in the consolations.

Appears AU brought their starters and Rutgers has a good number of quality redshirts ( incl Firestone and Correnti), which makes It a nice one day tourney in my book.

It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert
 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:53 pm

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby WallyCKP » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:57 pm

>>by Spladle88 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:17 pm Wally I've read back thru the posts......who said Hoffman wouldn't live with it?

... a trick question ? Nobody did. Believe it or not, sometimes I just agree with posts :D
WallyCKP
Expert
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby LuLc » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:15 pm

125 M. Parket and Luke Resnick advance to semis
133 Lobeck to semis
Moran loses in quarters 3-2 to Firestone of Rutgers
141 Pomrinca by fall into semis

Trusting Flow results . . .
LuLc
Expert
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: West of the Mississippi

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby LuLc » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:21 pm

And an interesting sidebar note:

American in first place with 80 points, 9 alive in championship round.
Lehigh (unattached) second with 47.5 and 5.
Lehigh (attached) third with 44 and 5
LuLc
Expert
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: West of the Mississippi

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby LU in the Hub » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Looks like Kent Lane put on a TD clinic and is through to the semis vs Wilkes

PERIOD 1
2 Takedown 2:22
2:19 Escape 1
2 Takedown 0:39
0:37 Escape 1
2 Takedown 0:14
0:08 Escape 1
Bottom
PERIOD 2
1 Escape 1:54
2 Takedown 1:44
1:03 Escape 1
2 Takedown 0:23
Bottom
PERIOD 3
1:56 Escape 1
2 Takedown 1:18
Riding Time
LU in the Hub
Expert
 
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:25 am
Location: Cambridge, MA

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby trimanmatfan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:29 pm

LuLc wrote:And an interesting sidebar note:

American in first place with 80 points, 9 alive in championship round.
Lehigh (unattached) second with 47.5 and 5.
Lehigh (attached) third with 44 and 5


I think American pretty much brought their starting lineup and then some.
"Give it 5 minutes."
trimanmatfan
Expert
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby JDALU75 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:31 pm

RichB wrote:They won School nickname of the week once on ESPN, Along with the Biglerville Canners, Easton Red Rovers, and Phillipsburg Stateliners.

The Bubblers, are surrounded by Wildcats, Eagles, Bulldogs, and Buffaloes (Ok Thundering Herd)

Nothing wrong with a unique identifiable name.

I went to Brooklyn Technical High School. Team nickname: Engineers.

So while the rest of you lot are now Mountain Hawks, I can still claim to be an Engineer.

My favorite all-time nickname is for Stuyvesant High School in Manhattan. Peter Stuyvesant was the last Dutch governor of New Netherland and had lost a leg in the wars with the Brits. So the Stuyvesant teams are the Peglegs.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert
 
Posts: 3735
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:37 pm
Location: Forest, VA

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby Spladle88 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:35 pm

Somebody better wake up Gentile and Grape they actually have to finally wrestle soon......

Tough day for Colucci so far....Wyoming Prep school first match for easy win, then medical forfeit.....gets him into semi's....
Spladle88
Expert
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:35 am

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby JDALU75 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Spladle88 wrote:Tough day for Colucci so far....Wyoming Prep school first match for easy win, then medical forfeit.....gets him into semi's....

I know for a fact that coaches hate stuff like that -- one reason Pat prefers duals to tourneys. If Colucci needs an RPI ranking in February neither win helps him at all.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert
 
Posts: 3735
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:37 pm
Location: Forest, VA

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby LU in NJ » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:43 pm

>>>>>>>>>Colucci advances via the classic Woody Allen quote: 90% of life is showing up.

It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert
 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:53 pm

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby LuLc » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Wilkes running six mats.

Know it's been a while since been up there, but don't remember any facility big enough for that.

New Gym??
LuLc
Expert
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: West of the Mississippi

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby JDALU75 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Maybe they're wrestling outdoors. It's the latest thing.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert
 
Posts: 3735
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:37 pm
Location: Forest, VA

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby RichB » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:14 pm

bump
Last edited by RichB on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:22 pm

Re: Wilkes Open, Dec. 22nd

Postby RichB » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:20 pm

JDALU75 wrote:
RichB wrote:They won School nickname of the week once on ESPN, Along with the Biglerville Canners, Easton Red Rovers, and Phillipsburg Stateliners.

The Bubblers, are surrounded by Wildcats, Eagles, Bulldogs, and Buffaloes (Ok Thundering Herd)

Nothing wrong with a unique identifiable name.

I went to Brooklyn Technical High School. Team nickname: Engineers.

So while the rest of you lot are now Mountain Hawks, I can still claim to be an Engineer.

My favorite all-time nickname is for Stuyvesant High School in Manhattan. Peter Stuyvesant was the last Dutch governor of New Netherland and had lost a leg in the wars with the Brits. So the Stuyvesant teams are the Peglegs.


Now I am a Triple Hawk. LU-Mountain Hawk; Susquenita HS- Blackhawks (bird - not Indian); HACC (Harrisburg Area Com Col)=Hawks. (many courses of many types, insurance, EMT, Specific computer stuff over the last 45 years.

I have looked over the 40 or so mascots of the schools in the two primary leagues in the Harrisburg area: 3 Trojans, 1 Spartan, 3 Indians, a lot of Felines (wildcats{3}, cougars Panthers), Birds of prey,(hawks, Eagles, Falcons) lots of dogs, Horses and horsemen, Bison... 3 unique. Shamrocks, Steam Rollers, Bubblers
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lehigh

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], JDALU75, LUEngineer, nfal, Spladle88 and 18 guests