WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Just Practice

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Just Practice

Postby thewhorehouseisbusy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:36 am

Duals don't matter. Tournaments don't matter either. Except the one, of course.
thewhorehouseisbusy
Veteran

Re: Just Practice

Postby John Henning » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Well, in a sense, yes it’s All practice for nationals. But exciting practice indeed.

Drexel has some really good athletes on their team. Weighing in 5 hours ahead was a benefit. This is not your father’s Drexel team so how about not doing that next time. Better to schedule them as a stand alone. Anyway, Azevedo has assembled a really good group of young Turks. They exposed a few of our guys. Last week PSU was without 2 starters,now we know how that feels to win ugly.

IMO it says more about Drexel being good then about us being bad. #5 is deserved. Our first semester schedule was brutal.
6-1 is a great job. Get everyone healthy for SS.
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men." John F Kennedy
John Henning
Expert

Postby RichB » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:15 pm

I think for all involved, it would be best if this event could be arranged as a double dual, say with Princeton, Bucknell, or F+M. If with Princeton, Penn would probably need to wrestle them first, as it is for a league standing.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

Postby RichB » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:31 pm

I think for all involved, it would be best if this event could be arranged as a double dual, say with Princeton, Bucknell, or F+M. If with Princeton, Penn would probably need to wrestle them first, as it is for a league standing.

If with Princeton+Lehigh could host the other year. Although you would want the start times to be 4-5 hours apart instead of 3.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

Postby LU in NJ » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:52 pm

>>>>>>>>>I still like the tough challenge of back-to-back road duals with the 2nd dual being against a tougher, well rested team-------which I would think the coaches wanted since that's the way it was scheduled.

Many Lehigh guys will be heavy favorites the 1st round of the EIWAs, but the quarters will be a dogfight at most weights.

Of course, you never plan on some of your top guys being out of the lineup, but that gives other guys a chance to step up and show what they can do.

Dunn and Walter had nightmare 3rd periods vs Drexel (and Schuyler wasn't much better), but you learn things and work on improving.

One definite plus is some of the freshman really rose to the challenge.

Lehigh 27-8 over #4 Mich. It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert

Postby LUchico » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:23 am

LU in NJ wrote:>>>>>>>>>I still like the tough challenge of back-to-back road duals with the 2nd dual being against a tougher, well rested team-------which I would think the coaches wanted since that's the way it was scheduled.

Many Lehigh guys will be heavy favorites the 1st round of the EIWAs, but the quarters will be a dogfight at most weights.

Of course, you never plan on some of your top guys being out of the lineup, but that gives other guys a chance to step up and show what they can do.

Dunn and Walter had nightmare 3rd periods vs Drexel (and Schuyler wasn't much better), but you learn things and work on improving.

One definite plus is some of the freshman really rose to the challenge.

Lehigh 27-8 over #4 Mich. It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.

Well said. Agree on all points.
LUchico
Expert

Return to Lehigh