WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

INSULT

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

INSULT

Postby SAM » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:38 pm

Per NCAA website
Penn State wrestling's December brings lighter schedule, preparation for January matches
Nate Cobler | Centre Daily Times
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Penn State wrestling fans are in for a long month of December — the Nittany Lions will hit the mats competitively for just two duals.
They compete in a top-5 tilt with Lehigh on Sunday inside the PPL Center in Allentown. And then they'll take on Indiana on Dec. 17 inside Rec Hall. That's it.

I feel insulted, Lighter schedule!!!! They wrestled a tough November schedule. :x :x :P
SAM
Expert

Re: INSULT

Postby gimp » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:46 pm

SAM wrote:Per NCAA website
Penn State wrestling's December brings lighter schedule, preparation for January matches
Nate Cobler | Centre Daily Times
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Penn State wrestling fans are in for a long month of December — the Nittany Lions will hit the mats competitively for just two duals.
They compete in a top-5 tilt with Lehigh on Sunday inside the PPL Center in Allentown. And then they'll take on Indiana on Dec. 17 inside Rec Hall. That's it.

I feel insulted, Lighter schedule!!!! They wrestled a tough November schedule. :x :x :P

Digging here SAM? I think they only meant lighter as in fewer.
gimp
Expert

Postby scribe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:18 am

Oh no. This is Lehigh. Definitely lighter in quality
scribe
Expert

Postby gimp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:21 am

scribe wrote:Oh no. This is Lehigh. Definitely lighter in quality

Now THAT'S an insult :!:
gimp
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Seems to me that the entire country except Lehigh has lightened their 1st semester load of quality duals. I'll research it later vs. prior Novembers but the LUWN from early Nov thru Sunday had VERY few featured (Top 20) duals in the issues. Before pumping our horn too much, it's noteworthy that top East schools HAVE to schedule tougher most 1st semesters since they struggle land two duals 2nd semester (except for B1G East schools).

This season's a bonanza for Pat with ASU, Okla, VT all agreeing to compete 2nd semester - and Pitt's usually 1st semester, too (Cornell always, so no comment).

This year's WR.com Award for Post Brevity blessedly (again) goes to scribe. If he has to be annoying (surprisingly only some of the time these days) at least he gets on and off quickly. To paraphrase spladle: if scribe were funnier he'd be less annoying. I'd add a smiley face but he never does, w/out fail.
WallyCKP
Expert

Return to Lehigh