WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Parker v DeSanto Sunday

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Parker v DeSanto Sunday

Postby trimanmatfan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Drexel true frosh Austin DeSanto has been notching some big wins and has become one of the two (after Yanni D) new darlings of Div I wrestling. He's ranked anywhere from Top Dozen to Top Half Dozen and is known for being great on his feet, wrestling non stop, and (according to Flo) having a "vice like grip" on his opponents' triceps. Scott Parker has a pretty good set of triceps and motor himself, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out on Sunday.
"Give it 5 minutes."
trimanmatfan
Expert

Re: Parker v DeSanto Sunday

Postby RichB » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:36 pm

Triceratops vs Tyrannosaurs have been among the greatest matches in history.

Yeah, Gimp, I know about Kongs Single leg on T rex.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

Postby LU in the Hub » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:50 pm

Good match-ups at 197 and 285 too. Loiseau is now IM 20 and Goodhart who beat Vollaro twice last year is 4-0 per Wrestlestat.

Strategy question: should Scott wrestle the 1:00 PM match at Penn?
Last edited by LU in the Hub on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LU in the Hub
Expert

Postby JDALU75 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:50 pm

BTW, Parker is currently the highest-ranked wrestler in the EIWA. Not sure too many would have predicted that one month ago.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Postby JDALU75 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:00 pm

LU in the Hub wrote:Strategy question: should Scott wrestle the 1:00 PM match at Penn?

Hmm. That's probably the smart move (Princeton wrestles Navy Friday night, giving DeSanto plenty of recovery time) but Parker would miss Penn's fine frosh Gianni Ghionne (8-2 with four falls in less than one minute). Might want to see him once before EIWAs.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Postby gimp » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:16 pm

RichB wrote:Triceratops vs Tyrannosaurs have been among the greatest matches in history.

Yeah, Gimp, I know about Kongs Single leg on T rex.

Don't forget the run the pipe, the arm throw, the headlock and the crab ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvD3X3RcK3Y
gimp
Expert

Postby LU in the Hub » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:00 am

JDALU75 wrote:Hmm. That's probably the smart move (Princeton wrestles Navy Friday night, giving DeSanto plenty of recovery time) but Parker would miss Penn's fine frosh Gianni Ghionne (8-2 with four falls in less than one minute). Might want to see him once before EIWAs.

Yeah. He's one of the new Penn wrestlers who looks good.

Rider vs Penn is up on Track. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb1z66XCoPY

Looking at the PLN schedule I don't see Navy vs Drexel or Lehigh vs Drexel. Anybody know what will be available?
LU in the Hub
Expert

Postby BP-LU87 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:13 am

Drexel's site shows that there will be live Video (via Stretch???....maybe they are doing this themselves as I know they have a big Sports Management program)
BP-LU87
Expert

Postby klehner » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:21 am

BP-LU87 wrote:Drexel's site shows that there will be live Video (via Stretch???....maybe they are doing this themselves as I know they have a big Sports Management program)

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/drexel/

Select "wrestling" from the dropdown and you'll see all their matches, each with a link to the stream.
Cornell 1980, Parent Lehigh 2020!
klehner
Expert

Postby LU in NJ » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:30 am

>>>>>>> I don't think Drexel is in the Patriot League, but their web page shows them scheduled to stream the Lehigh dual.

And I anticipate Penn will stream ( another $9.95 per match option?) on the Ivy network.

Lehigh has good depth and various lineup options for handling back-to-back duals.

Walter/GFW/Longo at 165 and Weiler/Jake at 197.

Does Wood wrestle both or does Colucci take on Penn with Wood focusing on Drexel/Goodhart.

Maybe vs Farro vs Penn at 133 and maybe Pomrinca gets a match at 141.

Some excellent potential matchups with EIWA seeding implications------perfect set up to end a strong first semester on a high note and then switch the focus to final exams.

Lehigh 27-8 over #4 Mich. It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert

Postby Legger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:03 pm

LU in the Hub wrote:Good match-ups at 197 and 285 too. Loiseau is now IM 20 and Goodhart who beat Vollaro twice last year is 4-0 per Wrestlestat.

Strategy question: should Scott wrestle the 1:00 PM match at Penn?

**** Per my conversation with Jordan at the EIWAs last year, he has already beaten Goodhart 2X and is looking forward to wrestling him when it means something for Lehigh.
"Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is looking."
Legger
Expert

Postby gimp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:08 pm

And as a note- Steve and I (assuming I get down there) will be doing at least radio for Penn but no broadcast from us for Drexel.

Here's the drexel stream link https://portal.stretchinternet.com/drexel/
gimp
Expert

Postby Legger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:14 pm

LU in the Hub wrote:
JDALU75 wrote:Hmm. That's probably the smart move (Princeton wrestles Navy Friday night, giving DeSanto plenty of recovery time) but Parker would miss Penn's fine frosh Gianni Ghionne (8-2 with four falls in less than one minute). Might want to see him once before EIWAs.

**** Ghionne looks both strong and will to mix it up. I wonder how he will do against someone with good defensive skills.
"Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is looking."
Legger
Expert

Postby gimp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:41 pm

And Gianni might even do his own broadcast- when Flo was getting started- Joe Flo would stay with the Ghione family and Gianni and Joe (LHU->Elizabethtown) would do commentary as young kids- I think pre-HS.
gimp
Expert

Postby klehner » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:12 pm

Legger wrote:
LU in the Hub wrote:

**** Ghionne looks both strong and will to mix it up. I wonder how he will do against someone with good defensive skills.

He lost to Baughman (who appears to be Cornell's backup at 133 at this point...) pretty handily at the Bearcat, then hung on to win in SV after being up 6-1 early again against Baughman. I wouldn't put a bunch of weight behind his falls at that tourney. Parker would bonus him with ease.
Cornell 1980, Parent Lehigh 2020!
klehner
Expert

Next

Return to Lehigh