WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Vegas

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Re: Vegas

Postby thewhorehouseisbusy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:23 pm

I watched Yanni's match and apologize to all who hate me. The kid just may save Cole's job.
thewhorehouseisbusy
Veteran

Postby LU_007 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:32 pm

Good summary JDA. Womack got dinged in his first loss. I'm not putting too much stock into this weekend for him.
"I have found that being honest is the best technique I can use. Right up front, tell people what you're trying to accomplish and what you're willing to sacrifice to accomplish it." - Lee Iacocca
LU_007
Novice

Postby lu13 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Micic losing in semis opens the door for Parker to move to 2, one would think
lu13
Veteran

Postby Spladle88 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:53 pm

This all started with me saying i agreed with John that Cornell will be good but wasnt impressed with what theyve done at CKLV other than Yianni..... how did that provoke dissertations on Cornell’s “young but up and coming status”? I said I agreed they were going to be good, what was confusing about the that? Where was the insult to the team other than how they were performing at CkLV?

I stand by my statement and am baffled by the desperate need to defend the program, I think they’ve defended themselves quite nicely yhe last few years.
Spladle88
Expert

Postby mh1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:36 pm

thewhorehouseisbusy wrote:I watched Yanni's match and apologize to all who hate me. The kid just may save Cole's job.

I still love ya “busy one”!

K-man is the guy who saddles up to you at the Christmas party and you look down at your drink and realize there is only one sip left. You wince a bit.
mh1
Expert

Postby klehner » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:40 pm

Spladle88 wrote:This all started with me saying i agreed with John that Cornell will be good but wasnt impressed with what theyve done at CKLV other than Yianni..... how did that provoke dissertations on Cornell’s “young but up and coming status”? I said I agreed they were going to be good, what was confusing about the that? Where was the insult to the team other than how they were performing at CkLV?

I stand by my statement and am baffled by the desperate need to defend the program, I think they’ve defended themselves quite nicely yhe last few years.

How about a truce? Perhaps this is about perspective. If you think that Cornell should have 2-5 hammers every year, and more than half their squad should go deep into every tough tournament, then, yes, the CKLV tournament was nothing to write home about. If you came into this season expecting that there would be many glaring holes in their lineup, and only 1-2 likely hammers, then the CKLV tournament was a very pleasant surprise at many weights.

Deal?
Cornell 1980, Parent Lehigh 2020!
klehner
Expert

Postby Asa Packer » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:28 pm

Joining this feud late; I'll say I can't wait to get a look at Max Dean. Don't mean waiting until LU/CU. May watch via the world wide web.
From what's written, he's seems to be chip off the old block. If you can use that to describe younger bro.
Darian Cruz, 2017 NCAA Champion at 125 lbs!!!
Asa Packer
Expert

Postby Red Blades » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:34 pm

Woahh!!! What's going on around here? A Cornell Bashing Party, and I wasn't even invited?! :shock:

Just to give little more perspective - yes, I was one of those Cornell fans who expressed "Mild Disappointment" at the results - but as I clarified in response to Seawolf (Great fan, that Seawolf, by the way) - my own inflated expectations were largely fueled by the dominant win by Cornell over a much higher ranked UNI team a couple of weeks ago, a win that may have been augmented by a little home mat advantage, and the short weigh in that comes with a dual meet. That said, consider:

* Russo loses to a UNI kid he beat a couple of weeks ago
* Ditto for Dean
* Tucker loses by a whisker to a couple of really tough kids
* Womack loses to Brucki in a match where he appeared to be cruising to a win - possibly injured?

Turn those matches around, and Cornell has a really good tournament, and far exceeds anyone's expectations - even my own outrageously optimistic ones!

Mild disappointment, on my part, is more based on what could have been, rather than failure to meet any reasonable benchmark - and in truth, I'd still say that Cornell outperformed what seeding and conventional wisdom suggested they would do.

So hold on to your hats, sportsfans; it's a long season. The Evil Empire may yet rise again! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Red Blades
Expert

Postby Red Blades » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:37 pm

Oh, and by the way - show of hands - how many of you REALLY thought Yianni would make it into the finals over Meredith? Come on now... Be honest!
Red Blades
Expert

Postby LU in NJ » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:55 pm

>>>>>>>>>>>Truce???? Where's the fun in that?

I believe we should give upcoming opponents their due------which is why I've circled the Jan 12th match vs AU on Lehigh's schedule.

AU is currently running neck and neck with cu at Vegas, but AU's place winners have the edge with finalist Terao and Kasunic in the mix for a possible 3rd.

I think Mr Henning was slightly remiss in not touting AU along with cu in the initial post on this thread.

Of additional interest for the Lehigh-AU dual is potential rematches at 133 and 197, where Parker and Weiler came out on top at the JCC.

Lehigh 27-8 over #4 Mich. It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert

Postby klehner » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:45 pm

Asa Packer wrote:Joining this feud late; I'll say I can't wait to get a look at Max Dean. Don't mean waiting until LU/CU. May watch via the world wide web.
From what's written, he's seems to be chip off the old block. If you can use that to describe younger bro.

A couple of differences between Max and Gabe. Max gives up TDs too easily, as if he isn't careful enough. He also doesn't appear to have the upper body control to get those monster TDs that Gabe had. On the other hand, Max is a great scrambler over the top, as opposed to the insane rubber knee stuff of his brother.

One thing that Max is actually better than his brother is riding. He gets leg control (turk, bow-and-arrow) and heavy on the upper body. He rode the full 2:00 in both victories over Lou Deprez (highly regarded Binghamton recruit); rode out Foster (UNI) in their dual, IIRC. That may be because Gabe was so good on his feet that riding just wasn't necessary, however.
klehner
Expert

Postby scribe » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:35 pm

BP-LU87 wrote:
klehner wrote:
thewhorehouseisbusy wrote:Yianni has skills but right now he's weak as a kitten. No way he does anything nationally.

Suck it, loser.

Classy

He could have been a little more selective with his language whilst addressing whore house
scribe
Expert

Postby BP-LU87 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:37 pm

Agree. You should mentor him.
BP-LU87
Expert

Postby klehner » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:42 am

Folks, it's an Internet forum. I actually wrote that with a smile on my face (not a smirk), as one might when joking around with a friend IRL. Let's all lighten up, myself included.
klehner
Expert

Yanni D.=...

Postby D3 for LU » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:30 am

... Kid Dynamite Jr.? :wink:
(Discuss this among yourselves. :mrgreen: )

Right now, I'm waiting for my brother & nephew to arrive at my home, to drive on down to Allentown/PPL Center for the LEHIGH/nit dual.

D3
Sir? A pint of your finest ale, please!
Never Argue with an Idiot.
They'll bring you down to their level...and beat you with experience.
D3 for LU
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Lehigh