WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

JADWIN Gym Next Fri

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

JADWIN Gym Next Fri

Postby WallyCKP » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:53 pm

Despite Dillon Gym listed for Lehigh at Princeton next Fri at 7 pm on the Tiger Athletic
website, the coaching staff just confirmed it'll be in Jadwin; bigger and much better parking

The two facilities are approx 16-18 min apart on foot, connected by Elm Dri.
WallyCKP
Expert

Re: JADWIN Gym Next Fri

Postby JDALU75 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:40 pm

And they're deciding this at 7:52 PM on a Saturday night?

Just make sure the dual still starts at 7 pm. You don't want to show up in Princeton after a long drive, have a nice dinner, and then walk into the gym while they're sweeping up after the dual. Been there, done that.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Postby gimp » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:50 pm

JDALU75 wrote:And they're deciding this at 7:52 PM on a Saturday night?

Just make sure the dual still starts at 7 pm. You don't want to show up in Princeton after a long drive, have a nice dinner, and then walk into the gym while they're sweeping up after the dual. Been there, done that.

I heard it was there some time ago.

You have NOT been there and done that. You did that in Annapolis!
gimp
Expert

Postby JDALU75 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

gimp wrote:You have NOT been there and done that. You did that in Annapolis!

Jadwin's in Annapolis now?

Princeton's site still shows the dual in Dillon. Make sure you check with the correct set of coaches.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Postby RichB » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:16 am

JDALU75 wrote:And they're deciding this at 7:52 PM on a Saturday night?

Since it is Friday, not likely that at a 6:30 arrival, you would see them cleaning the gymn. That would likely imply a 3:00 PM dual.

--------------------------------------

So wrong gymns. My HS had a meet scheduled at Harrisburg Hi. I knew they did mot (at that time) hold them at the 11-12 grade campus, so I went to the 9-10 campus. Know one there. I was very early so I said "it is at my HS instead". I zipped up to my HS, saw the parents of twins that had graduate 1-2 years before (the twins were the same year as Phil Davis so this was like 2005) and they said, "daughters BBall game - wait, I think they now wrestle at the new Middle School, Which used to be Penn Natl Ins". Well I knew how to get to get there quickly, worked there for 13+ years. Still caught the last couple Jr Hi matches(and all Varsity) after all that running around.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

Postby SAM » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:50 pm

JDALU75 wrote:Princeton's site still shows the dual in Dillon. Make sure you check with the correct set of coaches.

Per Princeton wrestling website
Lehigh Wrestling Retweeted Princeton Wrestling‏ @tigerwrestling · 2h2 hours ago
More
Jadwin Gym was so grateful to have such amazing wrestling for the @nwcawrestling All-Star Match, that she requested the @LehighWrestling dual be moved so she can feel the magic again. @LehighWrestling dual officially moved to Jadwin Gym. Friday, 7pm. Be there!
SAM
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:34 pm

Site activity changed dramatically after Coach Ayres received his c.c. of the LUWN with the cover note about Dillon/Jadwin

Chris was always pretty damn quick on his feet, then and now :P
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby RichB » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:50 pm

Off topic. I just received a Cyber Monday offer from Lehigh. It is at least the 30th I deleted in the last 30 hours.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:30 pm

No one will miss if visiting Tiger site

[size=150]Friday Dual vs #5 Lehigh Moved To Jadwin Gym[/size]
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby LUchico » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:42 pm

With all the talk about the Penn State match on Sunday the "best case" projections are tending to get "bester and bester". Well here's another one, and it's about the Friday match rather than Sunday. It's easy to make a pretty good case for Princeton taking four bouts (141,149,165 and 197). Also 157 isn't a gimme, and this match is at home for them. They've got nothing to lose and would love to knock off a higher ranked opponent (sound familiar?)
I'm not predicting a Princeton win but some of the stardust from the Michigan match could fall on the orange and black.
Coach Santoro talked of that concern in his interview.
LUchico
Expert

Postby JDALU75 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:57 pm

Princeton continues to improve and for the last two years I've been expecting a tough dual. And each time the result has been one-sided and I'm sure the Tigers aren't happy about it. Princeton has yet to beat a ranked team under Ayres and they'd love for us to be the first. We can't afford to take them lightly.
JDALU75
Expert

Postby trimanmatfan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:07 pm

If I can keep these somewhat old bones moving after the big Westfield/Bridgewater-Raritan swim meet in the afternoon, I'll be there and am thinking Princeton will be favored at 149 and in four bouts (141, 157, 165, 197) there's no clear favorite. By this analysis Princeton could win 5 bouts - which is improbable but no more improbable than what LU did to Michigan. I'm particularly interested in seeing how Jakobsen or Weiler do against Princeton's freshman Brucki - who physically is an absolute beast and who majored Gentile in the Princeton Open.
"Give it 5 minutes."
trimanmatfan
Expert

Postby JDALU75 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:41 pm

The press release and match notes are up. Attendees are advised to get to PPL Center early, since all will need to pass through metal detectors.
JDALU75
Expert

Postby Legger » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:16 pm

JDALU75 wrote:The press release and match notes are up. Attendees are advised to get to PPL Center early, since all will need to pass through metal detectors.

**** John do you have the link? Thanks in advance.
"Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is looking."
Legger
Expert

Postby van » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:18 pm

for those that can't make the match and plan to watch on Ivy League Network, the Princeton-Lehigh basketball game is tonight on Ivy League Network, you can get a two for one with the one month subscription to Princeton
van
Veteran

Next

Return to Lehigh