WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Princeton Tigers 12/1

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Re: Princeton Tigers 12/1

Postby trimanmatfan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:27 pm

There are a lot of Ayres posted on this forum. That's for sure. That's for dang sure.
"Give it 5 minutes."
trimanmatfan
Expert

Postby RichB » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:53 pm

So, as I remember, Chris proposed "on" the NCAA awards stand at PSU. I should like to think he is the guy who began the trend of athletes turning their girlfriends into fiances just after a major victory. (Astro at the World Series. A few years ago the Boise St wide Receiver proposing to his cheerleader just after a Bowl clinching TD against Okie(?). Of course if a Lehigh guy did that, probably be a penalty for excessive celebration.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

Postby gimp » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:59 pm

RichB wrote:So, as I remember, Chris proposed "on" the NCAA awards stand at PSU. I should like to think he is the guy who began the trend of athletes turning their girlfriends into fiances just after a major victory. (Astro at the World Series. A few years ago the Boise St wide Receiver proposing to his cheerleader just after a Bowl clinching TD against Okie(?). Of course if a Lehigh guy did that, probably be a penalty for excessive celebration.

Sandy Stevens and I had to lie a little to the NCAA rep to get her on the floor as a photographer.
gimp
Expert

Postby Spladle88 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:35 pm

I think Coach Airs has his team fired up and ready to go and Lehigh suffers a bit of a let down/overlook with Penn State match looming on Sunday (and may hold out a wrestler or two with minor dings or what have you).....bonus points still keeps us winning by a comfortable number.....
Spladle88
Expert

Postby John Henning » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:36 pm

Post of the week! Too funny.
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men." John F Kennedy
John Henning
Expert

Postby D3 for LU » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 pm

They're off and wrestling at 125...
D3
Sir? A pint of your finest ale, please!
Never Argue with an Idiot.
They'll bring you down to their level...and beat you with experience.
D3 for LU
Expert

Postby D3 for LU » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:20 pm

Surprise, surprise... after the audio cut out on yours truly, I missed hearing about the Princeton wrestler taking down DC...
found out after regaining the audio that DC won by majorD to put the B&W up 4-0.
D3
Sir? A pint of your finest ale, please!
Never Argue with an Idiot.
They'll bring you down to their level...and beat you with experience.
D3 for LU
Expert

Postby ms64 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:29 pm

Legger and I watched from Raleigh. Go Lehigh. We win 25-13.

Losses at 149, 157, 165 and 197. Weiler ran out of gas 7-8. Brown and Wolfman did not look good. Schuyler wrested well. Colucci first chance wrestled well.
ms64
Expert

Postby JDALU75 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:58 pm

Steve and Gimp said that both Weiler and Colucci have been dinged and are just getting back into form. Colucci's been more explosive when I've seen him in the past. D'Angelo and Schleifer are both good wrestlers, both multiple EIWA placewinners; Schleifer dropping down from 174. Pat said Brown and Wolf let things get away from them.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Postby LU in NJ » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:10 pm

>>>>>>>>Not our best showing, but a nice win over a solid Princeton team.

Parker's racking up a number of early season pins and is simply fun to watch.

Thought Karam looked really good---- was aggressive in neutral scoring several offensive takedowns.

Wolfman gave up too many easy takedowns and several sets of backpts to the point of being in danger of losing by a tf. Recovered enough to lose by a dec, but a very sloppy match.

Nice to see Colucci pick up a well deserved win.

Lehigh 27-8 over #4 Mich. It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert

Postby thewhorehouseisbusy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:09 am

At one point Wolf literally fell to his back from neutral and the Princeton wrestler said "thank you very much" and flopped on him for a free 6 points. Just when I thought he was Lehigh's best option now I have to wonder.
thewhorehouseisbusy
Veteran

Postby trimanmatfan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:30 am

thewhorehouseisbusy wrote:At one point Wolf literally fell to his back from neutral and the Princeton wrestler said "thank you very much" and flopped on him for a free 6 points. Just when I thought he was Lehigh's best option now I have to wonder.

Looked to me like he was trying a throw but hardly engaged. He had a few opportunities to admire the roof architecture of Jadwin. He was coming on at the end but needed another period or two. Brown started well but was treated to the architectural tour a couple times himself and spent the latter part of his bout like a muscular whale on the beach. Not good showings at those weights - especially in light of the upcoming opponents. On a positive note, Karam looked good both on the mat (as usual) and on his feet.
"Give it 5 minutes."
trimanmatfan
Expert

Postby LU in the Hub » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:37 am

thewhorehouseisbusy wrote:At one point Wolf literally fell to his back from neutral and the Princeton wrestler said "thank you very much" and flopped on him for a free 6 points. Just when I thought he was Lehigh's best option now I have to wonder.

I thought GFW might match up well with Schleifer, but it didn't work out that way. In Schleifer's FS match vs. Kutler at Univ. Natls, Schleifer also started fast and took a lead before JK reeled him in. A change in strategy might be all Gordon needs.
LU in the Hub
Expert

Previous

Return to Lehigh