WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Mason Manville

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Re: Mason Manville

Postby WallyCKP » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Is it your eyesight, your reading or your comprehension that's rated subpar?

In 2014, the Nittany Valley Wrestling Club’s Regional Training Center received a tremendous boost when the U.S. Army World Class Athlete Program (WCAP) decided to move their freestyle wrestlers to the State College area to train with the NLWC Resident Athletes.Their coaching staff liked the NLWC Regional Training Center coaching staff and how the Club’s Resident Athletes trained, and they liked the results that they were obtaining. Thus, they made the decision to move the U.S. Army WCAP wrestlers to State College, PA.These athletes are entirely funded by the U.S. Army, but they train under the direction of the NLWC coaching staff. These are also some of the top wrestlers in the U.S., and they are training to win the World Military Championships in addition to making the U.S. World and Olympic Teams.
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:38 pm

Shortly after enduring a startling last-second defeat at the hands of Oleksander Shyshman (UKR) in the qualification round of the 2017 World Championshipsin Paris, 2-time Olympian Provisor indicated that a potential opportunity to join the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club in State College, Pennsylvania was his preferred next move. Fellow 2017 US World Team member and Penn State commit Mason Manville (75 kg), the all-style prodigy who surged to the forefront of the national Greco consciousness with his win at April’s Trials, did the brunt of his training for that event in State College and has played a role in swerving Provisor’s thought process in this direction.
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby trimanmatfan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:49 pm

So?
"Give it 5 minutes."
trimanmatfan
Expert

Postby gimp » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:04 am

trimanmatfan wrote:So?

Are you really that much of a troll? HE"S ON THE SENIOR WORLD GRECO TEAM! And was on before he matriculated in college. Do you think it's likely he's had enough and now wants something else? He's been pointing towards Greco for years. (I do know the kid although haven't seen him since World's).
gimp
Expert

Postby trimanmatfan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:41 am

gimp wrote:

Are you really that much of a troll? HE"S ON THE SENIOR WORLD GRECO TEAM! And was on before he matriculated in college. Do you think it's likely he's had enough and now wants something else? He's been pointing towards Greco for years. (I do know the kid although haven't seen him since World's).

You've presented a persuasive circumstantial case that Greco is at present his highest priority. The trouble is, at the outset of this discussion you misrepresented my argument and erred by foreclosing even the possibility that that might not be the case - because the only way you could prove that would be by a contemporaneous statement by him, which you lack. So now you resort to name calling. But that's ok. I'm a compassionate kind of guy. Happy Thanksgiving.
"Give it 5 minutes."
trimanmatfan
Expert

Postby gimp » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:41 pm

trimanmatfan wrote:
gimp wrote:

You've presented a persuasive circumstantial case that Greco is at present his highest priority. The trouble is, at the outset of this discussion you misrepresented my argument and erred by foreclosing even the possibility that that might not be the case - because the only way you could prove that would be by a contemporaneous statement by him, which you lack. So now you resort to name calling. But that's ok. I'm a compassionate kind of guy. Happy Thanksgiving.

Please look up and tell me what color the sky is there?
gimp
Expert

Postby JAD77 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:53 pm

gimp wrote:Please look up and tell me what color the sky is there?

Are you looking for the actual color of the sky, or the color it appears to be :)
JAD77
Expert

Postby gimp » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:47 pm

JAD77 wrote:
gimp wrote:Please look up and tell me what color the sky is there?

Are you looking for the actual color of the sky, or the color it appears to be :)

That's a whole different world, isn't it? :)
gimp
Expert

Postby HFO » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:49 pm

PSU loses a number of wrestlers each year. Would not surprise me if 2 or 3 JR/SO transfer out regardless of State College or Nittany Lion Wrestling Club, including Mason Manville.
HFO
Novice

Postby LU in the snow » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Considering this rumor, does anyone else find it strange that he didn't wrestle and PSU bumped someone up two weight classes to wrestle 165 ?
LU in the snow
Novice

Postby Spladle88 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but......

I believe this is the first year Manville is "enrolled" at PSU , thus they are currently using it as his redshirt year, would make no sense to take him out of redshirt to wrestle one or two matches if Cenzo is not long term injured.

So if I'm right and I don't guarantee that I am, then him not wrestling makes complete sense.
Spladle88
Expert

Postby John Henning » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:28 pm

My understanding was Joseph didn’t make weight—not injured.
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men." John F Kennedy
John Henning
Expert

Postby Toast » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:45 pm

John Henning wrote:My understanding was Joseph didn’t make weight—not injured.

Interesting. Source?
Toast
Veteran

Postby WallyCKP » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:42 pm

I was the source, after getting it from a wrestling mom who got it from her son right after he weighed in (VJ did not attempt to weigh in).
I now note Cael telling the Morning Call that he re-thought whether his pre-meet decision to allow Vicenzo to "get some rest" was a good idea
Which may or may not be coaching codespeak for: "he ate too much over Thanksgiving and might be re-thinking the weight class next season"

I still believe it's improper for any of us to rumor monger about a rival's thinking while he's their property. Very poor form, especially w/out the slightest evidence.
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby btown610 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:12 pm

This is a chat room. Almost all chat rooms contain rumors and personal opinions.
btown610
Novice

PreviousNext

Return to Lehigh