WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Mason Manville

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Mason Manville

Postby thewhorehouseisbusy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:58 am

Now hearing that he's transferring to Lehigh.
thewhorehouseisbusy
Veteran

Re: Mason Manville

Postby gimp » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:53 am

thewhorehouseisbusy wrote:Now hearing that he's transferring to Lehigh.

To balance Matty Parker transferring to PSU?

His facebook cover photo is a big blue WE ARE.
I also imagine the NLWC has more Greco opportunites given that they have a big name Greco athlete in as a coach- Ben Provisor.
gimp
Expert

Postby GeorgePorgie » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:27 am

Is Matty Parker transferring to Penn State or is this just an extension of an old rumor.
GeorgePorgie
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:05 pm

That was a Parker quip, no story; officially debunked when texting Pat, with Matt by coincidence in his office

Transfer rumors should only quote the kid or family
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby JM » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:10 pm

GeorgePorgie wrote:Is Matty Parker transferring to Penn State or is this just an extension of an old rumor.

Latest rumor - M. Parker's alleged transfer is the first consequence of the new NCAA rule (they are calling it the "Soriano rule", I think) whereby if a wrestler transfers to a D1 school within 250 miles of his original school, the other school must send a wrestler of comparable skill to the school losing the first transfer. :?
JM
Expert

Postby JDALU75 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:01 pm

JM wrote:
GeorgePorgie wrote:Is Matty Parker transferring to Penn State or is this just an extension of an old rumor.

Latest rumor - M. Parker's alleged transfer is the first consequence of the new NCAA rule (they are calling it the "Soriano rule", I think) whereby if a wrestler transfers to a D1 school within 250 miles of his original school, the other school must send a wrestler of comparable skill to the school losing the first transfer. :?

And the transferring wrestlers are branded with the new school logos, to prevent them from transferring again.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Postby gimp » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:04 pm

JM wrote:

Sauriano

Soriano

Suriano
gimp
Expert

Postby John Henning » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:38 pm

The Matt Parker rumor was BS from the get go. IMO not the same as this one concerning Manville. He deferred enrollment and now has no path to start for another year. Then more studs arrive. So I would not discount what TWHIB posted. We’ll see second semester. Maybe this time the connection with coach Buxton will pay out.
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men." John F Kennedy
John Henning
Expert

Postby trimanmatfan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:08 pm

I suspect that TW is either pulling our drumsticks (as he often does) or he has a reasonable basis for posting this information. MM's facebook page has no postings since early May - so I wouldn't make much of what's on it, and might not MM consider Greco a lower priority?
"Give it 5 minutes."
trimanmatfan
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:44 pm

Santiago Martinez isn’t chopped liver in Greco and virtually same sizeview
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby gimp » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:07 pm

trimanmatfan wrote:I suspect that TW is either pulling our drumsticks (as he often does) or he has a reasonable basis for posting this information. MM's facebook page has no postings since early May - so I wouldn't make much of what's on it, and might not MM consider Greco a lower priority?

He's on the senior Greco team. Why would you think it was a lower priority? With all due respect to Santiago, he isn't training regularly and I haven't seen him doing Greco in the room and he wouldn't compare with provisor. Plus the army team is still at nlwc, right?
gimp
Expert

Postby trimanmatfan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:54 pm

gimp wrote:
trimanmatfan wrote:I suspect that TW is either pulling our drumsticks (as he often does) or he has a reasonable basis for posting this information. MM's facebook page has no postings since early May - so I wouldn't make much of what's on it, and might not MM consider Greco a lower priority?

He's on the senior Greco team. Why would you think it was a lower priority? With all due respect to Santiago, he isn't training regularly and I haven't seen him doing Greco in the room and he wouldn't compare with provisor. Plus the army team is still at nlwc, right?

That's not what I wrote. I wrote "might". Neither of us knows what's in his head, verdad?
"Give it 5 minutes."
trimanmatfan
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:31 pm

We don’t, correct. If you Google him, you can find a Q&A piece by Centre Daily Times with the headline: “Can Mason Manville Ever Start for Penn State?” Options include 4 yrs patience, injuries to Joseph or Hall, unless he make 157 (3 yrs patience to succeed Nolf). They’re his options, not ours to play with. Have never understood playing the rumor card, when it’s someone else’s; start a rumor about ourselves, or our families, that’s fine
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby gimp » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:00 pm

trimanmatfan wrote:
gimp wrote:

That's not what I wrote. I wrote "might". Neither of us knows what's in his head, verdad?

OK, I'll play- Why would you consider that a member of the senior Greco team even MIGHT think it was a lower priority?
gimp
Expert

Postby trimanmatfan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:18 pm

1. U.S. isn't strong in Greco;
2. Last I heard, U.S. college and university wrestling teams don't compete in Greco;
3. To reiterate, neither of us knows what's in his head; and
4. I'll play as well - What's the factual basis for your apparent certainty that Greco is his higher priority?
"Give it 5 minutes."
trimanmatfan
Expert

Next

Return to Lehigh