WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Lehigh Penn State

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Re: Lehigh Penn State

Postby RichB » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:48 am

LUEngineer wrote:Jacobson taking top in 3rd period was a no brainer. He demonstrated no chance of taking his opponent down in the first 2 periods. He pummeled opponent from the top & had a good chance to turn his opponent from the top in the final period. I think it is fine to say that he needs to learn how to get out from bottom but this is a dual winning decision against the top team in the country.

Think Wood made right choice as no reason to think he couldn’t get out.

Pretty Sure Nevills got Riding time against Vollaro both bouts, and maybe against Wessell. Nevills success plan for success may be the same as DeStito's. Ride long enough for a 61 second advantage or, if possible the whole period.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:55 pm

>>I can't think of any top program that gets it done without out-of-state guys.

... More so than any other Top 6 power, Ohio St leads with the highest pct in-state, usually 60-80 pct. But "to get IT done" this year, they're way out of bounds: have 5 guys from the East (2-MD; 1-NJ; 2-PA) and Hayes from MO. Cornell's out-of-state starting line-up often looks like Army or Navy's :P
Iowa's pct is dropping heavily as PA guys sign up from Young Guns. Nobody cares about ISU, anymore :shock: at least for now
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby LU in NJ » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:27 pm

>>>>>>>>>I forgot about the Young Guns pipeline to Iowa---------clearly Cael isn't landing 95% of PA's top talent as posted earlier on this thread.

I'd like to see Lehigh land a few more national level recruits, but it's a highly competitive for the top talent.

Lehigh 27-8 over #4 Mich. It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:42 pm

>>>Kutler, IMO, needed to be more active. Hall is too well-positioned to think you are going to catch him off balance. The guys who beat Hall, go after him. A one TD strategy against Hall IMO won't work. And it didn't yesterday. Preisch gave too much respect to Nickal. If you don't think you can go under Nickal with a leg attack, then it's going to be hard to beat him.

... It's hard to beat Nickal no matter what a wrestler thinks, as one of the best ever the EIWA, Gabe Dean, learned. He spent more time on his defense than his offense Sunday, which means Ryan wasn't going to penetrate as well as Dean did, which wasn't much. For someone in his 3rd year who's yet to place but should, nothing surprised me about the bout; but I was sure as hell pleased it was close. How many 1-pt wins outside Dean does Nickal have, who might well finish as a 4x finalist?
... Maybe Kutler studied video of Jordan's B1G finals 1-TD win, 4-2, sv ?
... It's true Cael backed the Lehigh series right out of the chute but his job interview was heavily influenced by the same guy who ordered Sunderland not to suspend the series. So both of you are right on that one. Cue the church lady: "Aint' that spay-shul?!"
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:47 pm

Spladle gets initial honors for best post of Week 1 of Dec:

>>Know it all has a very poor troll game.... he’s not good enough to really get you upset, its just too transparent....with practice I would expect he will get better but we’ll see....

... Then kia has the stones (he thinks) to deny he's a troll. Yeah, you are, K - and you're actually quite proud of it, or you wouldn't post like that several times in a row to set your own table. ANYone can find scabs in life, and pick at them incessantly ... but last time I tried that (age 7?) I learned that letting nature take its own course was smarter.

... We all know what we **want** but it helps to keep it real. Not sure how many of you weight-check freaks have spoken to Preisch or Kutler, but I can assure you that you'll lose big if you put too much spare change on the table, on them going down with their "spare tires." That's only idle speculation online ... "because you can." But it's what they can do that matters -- and I wouldn't have bet $5 on the two of them both losing by a point. Somewhere since Sun, some fans forgot to respect the defense both PSU guys have.
None of the know-it-alls put much money on their pap, either. I said to Kutler before dinner: "Go ahead, tell me to cut 10 lbs ... so I can tell you no."

I guess some of you needed them to win Sun to justify staying up? that's complete bullshit -- and there's zero proof they'd do better cutting. Zippo
I'm guessing Realbuto was real glad he didn't have you as fans of his when he jumped the same two weights -- and was definitely smaller than Jordan.
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby gimp » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:16 pm

WallyCKP wrote:I said to Kutler before dinner: "Go ahead, tell me to cut 10 lbs ... so I can tell you no."

But it would only be 9 :D
gimp
Expert

Postby RichB » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:59 pm

I guess this is the place to respond to a couple of things on Wally's PSU meet newsletter. Don't know about the bout Caruso senior year, but the PSU Meet Feb 68 was Philadelphia Channel 6, ABC.
For some reason I seem to remember being at practice that year or next and someone (Caruso although was at Va in 67-68 wasn't he???) saying ~"OK, since the match is going to be televised, we want to practice the Japanese Whizzer. It looks really great on TV.

Devin Schnupp was hardly an unknown wrestler. He was twice AAA 6th. (I think that would translate to twice AA 4th-So he would have been a step below Preisch). He was also the winning-est wrestler in Warwick HS history. Warwick is one of the best programs in the country to have never had a state champ. My thought is he is a guy like Burkett, like career always able to make 125 without a lot of notice
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

Postby trimanmatfan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 pm

RichB wrote in part,

"Devin Schnupp was hardly an unknown wrestler. He was twice AAA 6th. (I think that would translate to twice AA 4th-So he would have been a step below Preisch). He was also the winning-est wrestler in Warwick HS history. Warwick is one of the best programs in the country to have never had a state champ. My thought is he is a guy like Burkett, like career always able to make 125 without a lot of notice."

He's had his schnupps and downs.
"Give it 5 minutes."
trimanmatfan
Expert

Previous

Return to Lehigh