WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Edinboro and Michigan

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Re: Edinboro and Michigan

Postby JAD77 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:14 pm

[quote="Legger]***
Even though both Kutler and Preisch beat top 10 guys, I still think they both would do better one weight down. Both look "too short and thick" for the weight, (just my opinion), but you cannot argue with success.[/quote]
Geez, they both just beat guys ranked in the Top 5. Personally, I think you have to put Jordan into the discussion for making the NCAA finals. Let's see what happens on 12/3 against Penn State.
I think Lehigh is better with them up a weight, and GFW at 157.

I thought I must have dreamed that match today. Great atmosphere - the loudest I've heard it for a long time, and man - did Lehigh come to wrestle today. Everyone came out fired up and really took it to Michigan. All I can say is WOW!!!
JAD77
Expert

Postby mr_ftl » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:20 pm

There is NO WAY GFW makes 157.
mr_ftl
Expert

Postby HFO » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:23 pm

Good wrestling. 149, 165 and 197 interesting to see who might be the guy at EIWA. Pomrinca seems to be only guy not yet decided between 141/149 who might emerge. Weiller is wrestling well also. Program is back to elite levels.
HFO
Novice

Postby RichB » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:15 pm

With out discussing the merits of Massa and Coon, I think Coon will be considered one of the (or just the) Heavyweights to never win NCAA title.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

Postby JDALU75 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:25 pm

mr_ftl wrote:Interesting that, even as visitors, Michigan can post a summary of the dual faster than Lehigh's Sports Information.

http://www.mgoblue.com/news/2017/11/19/ ... ehigh.aspx

You've really got to be twisted to find something negative to post about Lehigh's program today.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Postby BP-LU87 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:37 pm

HFO wrote:Good wrestling. 149, 165 and 197 interesting to see who might be the guy at EIWA. Pomrinca seems to be only guy not yet decided between 141/149 who might emerge. Weiller is wrestling well also. Program is back to elite levels.

Weiler’s ranked by Flo and Intermat. Interesting...
BP-LU87
Expert

Postby mr_ftl » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:42 pm

BP-LU87 wrote:
HFO wrote:Good wrestling. 149, 165 and 197 interesting to see who might be the guy at EIWA. Pomrinca seems to be only guy not yet decided between 141/149 who might emerge. Weiller is wrestling well also. Program is back to elite levels.

Weiler’s ranked by Flo and Intermat. Interesting...

at 197. not bad for a guy who is really a 184.
mr_ftl
Expert

Postby Ike-LU » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:02 pm

That was AWESOME, plain and simple.

Even Wood going down to Coon I found encouraging. He was only down 1pt in the third and instead of being resigned to the fact that he was headed for a loss, he did an amazing thing for a HWT, he attempted shots and got to Coons leg in deep, unfortunately the weight difference was too much for Jordan to do anything with it before coon pancaked on top of him.

Cruz and Parker aka the HAMMER are a godsend, to open every match with those two studs is just a delight. Both guys offensive minded and looking to score. You want to pull your guys shirt against Cruz, well Cruz is more than happy to welcome him the show.

Karam showing some swag out there, taking down a ranked guy. Showed a couple nice shots from neutral and then once he's on top lights out.

Schuyler was nice to see back in the lineup. Wasn't sure where he was the first week of the season. But glad to have him back in the mix, very business like.

Brown when muscle meets muscle something has to give. Great power and strength to overpower the AA wolverine to his back for 4 swipes.

Walter - tough one for anyone. Going against a national title contender.

Kutler/Preisch - Cool calm and collected. Kutler didn't panic after getting taken down right out of the shoot. Picked his moment in the third and that was that. STUD. Preisch more of the same. Reminded me of the VT match last year where he waited for the moment late in the match and then sealed it. Both guys beat AA level guys today.....think they proved themselves. If they want to move down later in the season fine, but I for one am now convinced both are legit high AA contenders at the current weights.

Jakobsen showed a couple things on his feet which was nice. But when he's on top watch out, he's constantly looking for that cradle. Him and Weiler are showing us that we might not be as weak at this weight as we had originally thought.

Great match boys. Had to stream the match but it sure seemed like Grace was rocking. Was music to my ears.
Ike-LU
Expert

Postby trimanmatfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:40 pm

Grace WAS rocking. I brought two of my neighbors/friends and met LuChico there. One n/f was a former LU football player who was really into it. For the other, it was his first wrestling match. Quite an introduction to the sport. Both are itching to see more. We went upstairs after the match and Wood was practicing takedowns and running wind sprints on the mats. Gotta love it.
"Give it 5 minutes."
trimanmatfan
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:48 pm

>>>by mr_ftl » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:02 pm
>>Interesting that, even as visitors, Michigan can post a summary of the dual faster than Lehigh's Sports Information.

... Interesting in what way? The Internet is just as fast for them and, unlike the UM guy, LoMan had to interview Pat Santoro first

... Then had 4x times as much to write about.
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:15 pm

It was likely intended (if it's possible to know) to be simply a throwaway line, poking fun at LU Sports Info's 'slowness'; it was 'nothing' compared to the recent picky-pick jabs at all 10 weights Fri
But it's endlessly ongoing and Sports Info takes its job very seriously while juggling 26 sports with a small sized staff that might surprise many. Some posters just flat out relish the chance to poke, almost always anonymously.

A little Webster's search into the phenomenoma, which is hardly new here:

PERVERTED: not considered normal or acceptable : perverse, perverted logic
He took a perverted pleasure/delight in watching others suffer.

Verb: to alter something from its original course, meaning, or state, to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended. "he was charged with conspiring to pervert the course of justice." Synonyms: distort, corrupt, subvert, twist, bend, abuse, misapply, misuse, misrepresent, misinterpret.
To lead (someone) away from what is considered right, natural, or acceptable.
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby LUEngineer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:25 pm

Greatest match in my memory. Engineers took it to the Wolverines & fans responded accordingly. Grace was electrifying like the 60’s. McFarland was stunned!! Congratulations to the coaching staff for a great day!!
LUEngineer
Expert

Postby LU in NJ » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:31 pm

>>>>>>>>>> mt_ftl is a chronic complainer that puts minimal thought into his posts.

Michigan's athletic budget probably dwarfs some third world countries so no surprise their SID posted a quick write up.

Lehigh's athletic budget is considerably smaller and our SID dept had a rather busy weekend hosting two major wrestling duals and the Rivalry Game plus handling other sports results/info.

And yet, Lehigh's summary had significantly more info ( including head coach and wrestler comments) plus video highlights and photos.

LehIgh handily won the dual and Lehigh's SID just as handily out shone Michigan's SID.

Excellent first three duals along with a strong team showing in Troy

Perfect time for a well deserved Thanksgiving break.

2017 NCAA champ Darian Cruz. It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert

Postby mr_ftl » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:42 pm

WallyCKP wrote:.. it was 'nothing' compared to the recent picky-pick jabs at all 10 weights Fri

who made "picky-pick jabs at all ten weights" Friday? wasn't me, Dorky. check the treads and give me the evidence. you're obviously getting senile in your old age... early onset alzheimer's?
mr_ftl
Expert

Postby BP-LU87 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 pm

Mr FTL, it was a good day...enjoy it! You clearly understand Lehigh wrestling but no need to get personal with those who you disagree with...not worth the angst.

Cheers.
BP-LU87
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Lehigh