WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Edinboro and Michigan

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Re: Edinboro and Michigan

Postby LUchico » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 am

That was a very impressive win last night and I am very happy to have been there to feel the mood as well as the wrestling. Maybe MountainHawk put it best. Can't add much to what he and Ike posted, other than to emphasize the specialness of the hug between Fehrs and Caruso, at least for us old guys. If any of the younger guys here are (understandably) unaware of the relationship between those two, it's worth googling the name Bob Fehrs.
Let's just enjoy this one going into Turkey Day.
And major kudos to every one of the wrestlers, the coaching staff, and the Grace Hall crowd who may have helped gain a point or two. :D
LUchico
Expert

Postby Spladle88 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:11 am

They couldn't challenge anyway correct? Because they had "incorrectly" challenged earlier?

I thought Amine kind of gave up early on Kutler match also when he got taken down, all he needed was escape to tie at that point correct? Almost acted like he knew he couldn't get out in 16 seconds or so that was left so just pouted and wasted time before trying (probably right but effort??)......
Spladle88
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:54 am

triman sez: >>>Frustration. The Abounader was being abounaded.

.... Hands down, the Post of November. Nice touch!
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:10 pm

best board name of spladle: "I thought Amine kind of gave up early on Kutler match also when he got taken down, all he needed was escape to tie at that point correct? Almost acted like he knew he couldn't get out in 16 seconds or so that was left so just pouted and wasted time before trying (probably right but effort??)......

.... he led for 6:08 until taken down with 0:52 left to trail 4-3 on the scoreboard -- but soon to be 5-3 on r.time (yes, he'd have tied it if he escaped within 0:16). Am guessing the Wolverine was tired but good at math, realizing if he didn't get out quickly he was toast (sorry, 'toast'). He escaped at the buzzer, proving Kutler was even better at math, knowing exactly how much r.time he needed for insurance. Jordan can really 'lay the wood' on a down wrestler when needed. Both guys tired; bottom guy has the tougher job, even before adrenaline from noise.
However it looked, I don't think Amine 'gave up' since he's earned his high rank and Kutler now has two late ranked wins "two weights up" (it's really only one) -- and he's one of the smartest wrestlers we've ever had. Can you name the last bout where he's given up two TDs?
Both guys knew how to position themselves to avoid any warnings; it was a chess match -- and only one guy had the home advantage -- a huge one. Kutler's good at a split for countering but Amine was pit bullish. JK's grinning during his video was classic; the guy loves to wrestle even if he doesn't exude as much energy as others like Parker or "The Preisch is Right."
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby LUEngineer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:13 pm

McFarland did all he could do in gesturing to ref for TD as he had no brick to throw from his bad challenge earlier in the day! I think the crowd helped break both Wolverines in the Kutler/Preisch matched as both guys were hammers in their takedowns & electrified Grace in the process!!!
LUEngineer
Expert

Postby mr_ftl » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:22 pm

thewhorehouseisbusy wrote:He wanted his coaches to throw the challenge brick because he felt he had a TD. Coaches ignored him, never a good thing just ask Joe Girardi.

I don’t think they had a brick to throw. Didn’t they lose a challenge earlier in the dual?
mr_ftl
Expert

Postby The Doc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Definitely the best home dual win I've been to in quite few years... the atmosphere was electric and excited before the match began...
The Coaches, Brad particularly, were louder and more-involved than I've seen in a while, right from the start.
It "felt" like it'd be a special afternoon... Grace Hall has its own unique advantage, apparent during this match - McFarland's face as the matches went forward was delightful!
:wink:
The Doc
The Doc
Veteran

Postby mr_ftl » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:32 pm

The Doc wrote:Definitely the best home dual win I've been to in quite few years... the atmosphere was electric and excited before the match began...
The Coaches, Brad particularly, were louder and more-involved than I've seen in a while, right from the start.
It "felt" like it'd be a special afternoon... Grace Hall has its own unique advantage, apparent during this match - McFarland's face as the matches went forward was delightful!
:wink:

So I guess the Friday dual, Lehigh-Laughy-ette Saturday, Sunday dual schedule worked out well.
mr_ftl
Expert

Postby The Doc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:06 pm

Add in the PSU Football W... and an Eagles W... and I'm a happy Camper...
8)
The Doc
The Doc
Veteran

Postby mr_ftl » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:34 pm

The Doc wrote:Add in the PSU Football W... and an Eagles W... and I'm a happy Camper...
8)

Sorry, can't back you on the PSU football part. Grew up 45 minutes from that football cult, and heard enough about JoePa by the time I was 10 to make me sick. Aside from that, it was a great weekend: 2 LU wrestling wins, FB win on Saturday, and Eagles win over the Cowboys.
mr_ftl
Expert

Postby BP-LU87 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:09 am

I’m with you Mr FTL. Good stuff. Looking forward to taking out the Nits next week. It can be done.
BP-LU87
Expert

Postby D3 for LU » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:14 am

BP-LU87 wrote:I’m with you Mr FTL. Good stuff. Looking forward to taking out the Nits next week. It can be done.

Happy T-day, BP & all fellow LEHIGH fora posters!

As for the nits(I personally, use small-case when "addressing" them), unless they're missing a few from their line up...
I'm afraid they may put up similar dual score numbers as the Hawkineers did to Michigan.
I applaud your enthusiasm BP, but being realistic... Michigan is for real, and the B&W wrestled their boots off on the mat. But PSU w/their 5 returning NCAA champs is going to be a 45 degree uphill climb (both ways! :wink: )for LU.
I'll be in attendance along w/my brother and my nephew, RJ @ PPL Ctr watching... the two bouts I'm looking forward to would be how Kutler & Preisch will do against Hall & Nickal.
How they'll perform will be an excellent benchmark on where they're at in their wt hierarchy.
D3
Sir? A pint of your finest ale, please!
Never Argue with an Idiot.
They'll bring you down to their level...and beat you with experience.
D3 for LU
Expert

Postby BP-LU87 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:54 am

Dare to Dream D3!

Of course we’re huge underdogs in this and would need to catch a few breaks but you never know.

Cruz, Parker, Karam, Kutler,Preisch, Wood wins with all others minimizing bonus points. Cruz and Parker with bonus points.

Why not?
BP-LU87
Expert

Previous

Return to Lehigh