WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Michigan Comiing 11/19

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Re: Michigan Comiing 11/19

Postby peter1977 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Now Preisch win, way to go Lehigh, best dual in a long time.
peter1977
Veteran

Postby WallyCKP » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Yes, it was -- our best dual since beating #3 Ohio St at Nat Duals

Before that the best prior home dual win was in Stabler over #1 Cornell in '11

Before that, 28-6 over PSU in Grace (way back ... '02?)

>>While not in the match notes in each case... Spencer Lee weighed-in for the Hawkeyes in Iowa City this weekend. Also, Mark Hall did the same last year for the Minnesota dual, prior to making his debut at Iowa. Not as uncommon as you indicate, Denny.

.... But 5-to-1 odds that Lee *will* suit up this season, as I predict he will, as triman & I predicted Mattin would

So you lost your Greeker beat with tri .... and Hall DID wrestle last yr, so you're basically oh-for-3 as soon as Lee wrestles.
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby mr_ftl » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:49 pm

You can't change the question, Denny. You presented the following:
Name the last time a redshirt anywhere was used as a diversion tactic

And I named two very recent, high profile, instances when it occurred. You are only reinforcing yourself for the self-righteous blowhard that you are. Why don't you get over yourself and quit the forum *AGAIN* for awhile?
mr_ftl
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:37 am

I'm' pretty sure you were arguing that there was no way Michigan would pull a kid off r/s this early in the year. Yes?

I argued that MI would not list Mattin solely as a diversion (as opposed to wrestling him)- enjoying sticking it to you by correctly believing they WOULD pull him off. As long as he wrestled in Nov, you lose.

You somehow ducked this nuance by pointing out that Hall once weighed in but didn't wrestle that day. Wow, good observation but it didn't take long to pull HIM off r/s. Do you know for sure it was just a diversion, or did PSU simply not need him that day once his weight came up?

You DO win if Lee redshirts all year. Wanna bet $50 he does that?? In the interim, what freaking dual was his weigh-in supposed to surprise an unranked team ???

Truth is I was thinking about taking a much needed break from you smurfs but I'm beginning to enjoy my right to free speech more than usual. Especially when you take stupid-ass shots at my buddy, LoMan. It's hypenanated but both parts apply
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby mr_ftl » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:54 am

WallyCKP wrote:I'm' pretty sure you were arguing that there was no way Michigan would pull a kid off r/s this early in the year. Yes?

I argued that MI would not list Mattin solely as a diversion (as opposed to wrestling him)- enjoying sticking it to you by correctly believing they WOULD pull him off. As long as he wrestled in Nov, you lose.

You somehow ducked this nuance by pointing out that Hall once weighed in but didn't wrestle that day. Wow, good observation but it didn't take long to pull HIM off r/s. Do you know for sure it was just a diversion, or did PSU simply not need him that day once his weight came up?

You DO win if Lee redshirts all year. Wanna bet $50 he does that?? In the interim, what freaking dual was his weigh-in supposed to surprise an unranked team ???

Truth is I was thinking about taking a much needed break from you smurfs but I'm beginning to enjoy my right to free speech more than usual. Especially when you take stupid-ass shots at my buddy, LoMan. It's hypenanated but both parts apply

Diversion tactic is for the dual at which they weigh-in, dumba$$. I’m right for both Hall and Lee, as they did not wrestle in the duals they were potentially used as diversions. Weren’t you supposed to quit this forum, anyway?
mr_ftl
Expert

Postby SAM » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:44 am

SAM wrote:Personally, I believe there are 4 tossup matches between Lehigh and Michigan.
Unfortunately, I believe Michigan is favored in 5 of the other 6 matches.
However, a boisterous Grace Hall crowd could deliver a LEHIGH upset.
I hope that my fellow fans will join this 68 year old alumnus in making noise
for our team.

Since I'm not politically correct. "Take out your old silver goblet with Lehigh
upon it................."
Go LEHIGH!

WOW!!! Congratulations to Coaching Staff, Team and my fellow fans.
One of the three best duals of the Santoro ERA.

"Take out your old silver goblet with Lehigh
upon it................."
SAM
Expert

Postby JDALU75 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:48 am

Careful, SAM. The dual ended at 3 pm on Sunday and you didn't get around to posting until the following morning. Some on this forum are liable to criticize you for not getting your post in sooner.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Postby Spladle88 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:02 am

Great performance by all really, even Walter who was doing a good job keeping it close till whatever happened injury wise (thought he looked very shook up from whatever happened), nothing away from Massa but from that point on Walter looked like he was just trying to save the team a point and not get pinned or injury default........because at that point you had to wonder if 1 team point might be the difference, not so much as it turned out.
Spladle88
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Not that it's essential to know reasons for short term absence but he had an infection, similar but not the same as Micic. McFarland told me his 133 has a knee infection but their SID has confirmed that he should be back by Las Vegas.
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby The Doc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Postby Spladle88 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:02 am
Great performance by all really, even Walter who was doing a good job keeping it close till whatever happened injury wise (thought he looked very shook up from whatever happened), nothing away from Massa but from that point on Walter looked like he was just trying to save the team a point and not get pinned or injury default.

I was looking right at Cole during the timeout... his eyes were unfocussed and "lights on, nobody home"... I was sure he'd be disqualified for Concussion Protocol.
The Doc
The Doc
Veteran

Postby RichB » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:04 pm

I think (from reviewing the video 2 days ago) that Masa was about to release him, and in doing so pushed down on the neck. I saw no head contact during the few seconds before. Jack seemed to be concerned with Cole's arms and hands. Could a slight trauma to the upper Thoracic Vertebrae cause such dysfunction, including the couple seconds of nothing home? Way beyond may humble EMT training and experience.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

Postby The Doc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Head-to-head hit, as well as cervical spine twist...
The Doc
The Doc
Veteran

Postby gimp » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:17 pm

It appeared Pat was implying a carotid cutoff from a front head and arm.
gimp
Expert

Postby The Doc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:05 pm

There was quite a headlock just prior...
The Doc
The Doc
Veteran

Postby RichB » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:17 pm

The TruWrestling clip shows the first takedown. Not the release. Not the second takedown. Not the stoppage. Next it just shows Cole getting into the top position after Massa chose down, and that escape. But yea, Pat was showing concern for an Aaron Wright move. (was Massa coached in HS by one of the Simmons?)
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Lehigh