WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net
 

Yahoo Group?

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Yahoo Group?

Postby mr_ftl » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:04 am

Is the Yahoo group still active? I just tried to go there and it does not seem to exist anymore.
mr_ftl
Expert
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:40 am

Re: Yahoo Group?

Postby Mountain Hawk » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:52 am

You mean the "Holier Than Thou" renegade Lehigh group? Seems to have been disbanded after some unfortunate releases of information which were not cleared to pass over the Chinese wall between "the insiders" and the the rabble that is the rest of us.

Unfortunately, that means more "insiders" will be mingling here more often.

Some rules of engagement:
They tend to be highly emotional, overprotective, and stuck in the year 1971, but once you get used to that it is possible to co-exist with them here on this board.
Mountain Hawk
Expert
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:20 am
Location: Reality

Re: Yahoo Group?

Postby Legger » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:25 am

Mountain Hawk wrote:You mean the "Holier Than Thou" renegade Lehigh group? Seems to have been disbanded after some unfortunate releases of information which were not cleared to pass over the Chinese wall between "the insiders" and the the rabble that is the rest of us.

Unfortunately, that means more "insiders" will be mingling here more often.

Some rules of engagement:
They tend to be highly emotional, overprotective, and stuck in the year 1971, but once you get used to that it is possible to co-exist with them here on this board.


**** Yes the yahoo group has been disbanded. I was part of it but never left this group. LOL on your characterization of members. Yes many of us are old timers but the emotional, overprotective etc. probably depends on your point of view. Anyway it is the off season and hopefully we ALL can continue to share information as it is a long time to next season. I plan to try to stop in the room maybe tomorrow as I am in the Lehigh Valley on business this week.
"Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is looking."
Legger
Expert
 
Posts: 2301
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:34 am
Location: Raleigh, NC.

Re: Yahoo Group?

Postby scribe » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:03 pm

I was an undercover operative in there. I take full credit for the board's demise.
User avatar
scribe
Expert
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:30 am
Location: NYC

Re: Yahoo Group?

Postby Asa Packer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:18 am

Scribe's subterfuge was not necessary. watching folks reply to all when they wanted to reply to the sender was like watching my Dad use his smart phone. not pretty.
Then one guy did it with pat's salary. Now the site is gone-gone-gone.
Darian Cruz, 2017 NCAA Champion at 125 lbs!!!
Asa Packer
Expert
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Yahoo Group?

Postby Mountain Hawk » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:08 am

Asa Packer wrote: watching folks reply to all when they wanted to reply to the sender was like watching my Dad use his smart phone.


haha!
Mountain Hawk
Expert
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:20 am
Location: Reality

Re: Yahoo Group?

Postby WallyCKP » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:21 pm

No need to be secretive about the problem; I was the primary dumb-ass who twice leaked what I "thought" were very sensitive private email replies to my close buddy; both times misled by my cell phone. Not even on WR.com have I ever been so embarrassed. Period. But far more fans learned that replying to a Yahoo group is 10 times more likely to be an accidental send, not worth the risk. On top of that, numerous fans complained about how difficult the service was for signing up, or for quitting. Also password changes. Done, but still stuck with smart-ass fans who think they know everything.
WallyCKP
Expert
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Yahoo Group?

Postby RichB » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:12 am

The Yahoo group was better than dealing with a moderator who liked to enter other peoples postings and add alternative facts.
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:22 pm

Re: Yahoo Group?

Postby mr_ftl » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:46 pm

WallyCKP wrote:No need to be secretive about the problem; I was the primary dumb-ass who twice leaked what I "thought" were very sensitive private email replies to my close buddy; both times misled by my cell phone. Not even on WR.com have I ever been so embarrassed. Period. But far more fans learned that replying to a Yahoo group is 10 times more likely to be an accidental send, not worth the risk. On top of that, numerous fans complained about how difficult the service was for signing up, or for quitting. Also password changes. Done, but still stuck with smart-ass fans who think they know everything.

Damn... I wouldn't have turned off the notifications to my email if I knew Denny was publishing secret information. Shame on me for being smarter than an old guy who had no idea how to deal with modern technology. He always cites how many engineers Lehigh has on its roster, but he's obviously not a Lehigh engineer. .
mr_ftl
Expert
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:40 am

Re: Yahoo Group?

Postby Mountain Hawk » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:38 pm

WallyCKP wrote:Done, but still stuck with smart-ass fans who think they know everything.


Right. Because nobody could possibly know more than you
Mountain Hawk
Expert
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:20 am
Location: Reality

Re: Yahoo Group?

Postby LU in the Hub » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:17 am

I had the same reaction as JJH. I joined, but didn't go there often because it was extremely boring. This forum is bad enough... :lol:
LU in the Hub
Expert
 
Posts: 910
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:25 am
Location: Cambridge, MA

Re: Yahoo Group?

Postby halfnelson7 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:00 pm

Denny with the BALLS to own/MAN up,..impressive! Also liked Mountain Hawk profile of Groups,..extinct, and alive!..lol
halfnelson7
Veteran
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:24 pm


Return to Lehigh

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest