WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Lehigh V. Rutgers

Moderators: Bruce, GAH

Re: Lehigh V. Rutgers

Postby inflip » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Legger wrote:**** I took a look on Trackwrestling and the funny thing is the match is not listed on the events page. I also searched it and it did not come up. Not concerned but just funny it is not listed.

Hopefully the link will present itself in time :D
inflip
Veteran

Postby John Henning » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Allow me to clarify.

Several (I did not say all) meaning maybe 3 just beat on you. No real technical moves, just physical pushing and shoving. To anyone who has watched them it is obvious. And why does anyone think it was a dig? It's a style made famous by the B1G and it works. Rutgers is not a Marquis of Queensbury Rules team is what I'm saying. They are physical and yes, chippy.
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men." John F Kennedy
John Henning
Expert

Postby trimanmatfan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Legger wrote:**** I took a look on Trackwrestling and the funny thing is the match is not listed on the events page. I also searched it and it did not come up. Not concerned but just funny it is not listed.

Legger, go to the site, find the "Trackcast" box around the center of the page which has segments showing various events. Scroll to move the events leftward and you will see a segment with the duals. Click on that segment and it will take you to the frame for the live events.
trimanmatfan
Expert

Postby gimp » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:09 pm

trimanmatfan wrote:

Legger, go to the site, find the "Trackcast" box around the center of the page which has segments showing various events. Scroll to move the events leftward and you will see a segment with the duals. Click on that segment and it will take you to the frame for the live events.

Also, browse video streams. At the bottom.
gimp
Expert

Postby Mountain Hawk » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:10 pm

black_sabathia wrote:Coaches only come here to read my posts.

Lol!
Mountain Hawk
Expert

Postby LU in NJ » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:01 pm

>>>>>>I agree that NJ and RU fans have been starved for a successful B1G team----and wrestling currently fills that void. The sad part is the woeful RU feature sports like football and b-ball. Even women's bball's fallen on hard times.

And yes, some RU guys have developed an in-your-face wrestling style------- 133 is a match I'll be watching closely tomorrow.

Facing some chippy guys should help the team prep for the NCAAs.

Lastly, imo, the current big dog in the B1G wrestles an aggressive style, but doesn't emulate Iowa's tractor-push style.

It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert

Postby John Henning » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:43 pm

LU in NJ wrote:>>>>>>I agree that NJ and RU fans have been starved for a successful B1G team----and wrestling currently fills that void. The sad part is the woeful RU feature sports like football and b-ball. Even women's bball's fallen on hard times.

And yes, some RU guys have developed an in-your-face wrestling style------- 133 is a match I'll be watching closely tomorrow.

Facing some chippy guys should help the team prep for the NCAAs.

Lastly, imo, the current big dog in the B1G wrestles an aggressive style, but doesn't emulate Iowa's tractor-push style.

It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.

>>>>>>>>> Steve, Thanks for validating where I was going. You said it better.
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men." John F Kennedy
John Henning
Expert

Postby LU62 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:01 pm

Clear from what Pat says we'll see Kutler. Gentile & Haas only if necessary. Doubt that we'll see Gentile as win less likely and Pat says he will not put his EIWA seed in
jeopardy.
I see EIWA Lehigh with 8 one or two seeds(4&4)
AND 2 four to six seeds. See EIWA Cornell 3 one seeds and 1 three seed and 4 four to sixth seeds.
If seedings hold Lehigh will win the title in the Qtr finals when at least 8 guys will go on to the semis and Cornell will have only 4-5 guys in the semis.
The most traumatic thing for me in over 55 years of watching or being there was when I was at Jadwin gym several years ago and saw a Cornell kid kick a Lehigh wrestler in the face as he tried to get up from OOB right in front of me. The Cornell kid obviously temporarily lost his mind and will have to remember this moment fro the rest of his life. I am HOPEFUL that my estimates above come true in a happy and healthy environment for all wrestlers' without injury including the Cornell kids.
LU62, aka SUGARAY.
My High School wrestling coach was the indomitable Augustus Peterson (yes, That Peterson) in his 71st year after 35+ years at Columbia. He had a grip of steel.
LU62
Expert

Postby WallyCKP » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:43 pm

2012; kneed him in the face; unconscious for quite awhile. I asked Pascal Perri (mid-80's, Syracuse '50) about it a few min later and he said "that's the worst thing I've ever seen." CU did the right thing "suspending him" but it was already the season's end and he sat with his teammates at NCAAs 10 days later. Bucknell's coach was later told by CU's coach that "LU fans were making too big a deal over it." As of that were possible. Since Nate had some concussions in HS, the incident could have ended his college career but the family elected not to file charges, not wanting to unduly affect the assailant's life. Amazingly, there was almost a re-match later on which fortunately never happened.
WallyCKP
Expert

Postby JAD77 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:53 am

This whole thread has gone off the rails. Big match tonight and we're all off topic. I see it 5 matches apiece, and bonus points deciding it. Too close to call.
See you all tonight.
JAD77
Expert

Postby mr_ftl » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:56 am

gimp wrote:
trimanmatfan wrote:

Also, browse video streams. At the bottom.

Also, click on the "Live Video" link on the schedule page of the Lehigh Wrestling website.
mr_ftl
Expert

Postby RichH » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Heck of a thread. Hoped to see an array of opinions on the match. I was disappointed to read TMI on how to watch . Not a lot on matchups tonight.
Oh well look forward to a close match and a Lehigh W.
RichH
Veteran

Postby RichB » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:30 pm

TMI -Three Mile Island. 25 months to the 40th anniversary of the accident. Said to hear Harold Denton just died. He kept a lot of people calm.

Oh Too Much Information.

The Thread needed more diversity

Are the 5-5 predictions Sans or Avec Kutler?
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

Postby black_sabathia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:44 pm

Speaking of William George I'm thinking NittanyKid has this years GEORGE award locked up but the committee is accepting other nominees right up until Easterns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzS87f-pJL8
“I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” -Socrates —
black_sabathia
Expert

Postby RichH » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:11 pm

RichB wrote:TMI -Three Mile Island. 25 months to the 40th anniversary of the accident. Said to hear Harold Denton just died. He kept a lot of people calm.

Oh Too Much Information.

The Thread needed more diversity

Are the 5-5 predictions Sans or Avec Kutler?

Lol
Yup my daughters are always bringing me up to date. :)
RichH
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Lehigh