WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Flo's EIWA Rankings

Moderator: GAH

Flo's EIWA Rankings

Postby JDALU75 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:38 am

Under the heading "For whatever it's worth", Flo has produced updated EIWA rankings, 16-deep. It's the only time in my memory that anyone has done something like this.

The link is here: https://www.flowrestling.org/rankings/6 ... 1-pounders Worth a look, even if even Lehigh's coaches aren't sure who their 165 and 197 starters are.

I agree with most of the rankings (no, I didn't look at the bottom few) but some don't pass the smell test. Ian Brown 2nd at 157 but Joey Galasso, a former finalist, 10th? Gordon Wolf only 6th at 165? Thor Jakobsen 2nd at 197 but Ben Honis 6th? (To be fair, the 197 deck will probably be re-shuffled repeatedly before Easterns).
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Re: Flo's EIWA Rankings

Postby ugarte » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:58 pm

JDALU75 wrote:I agree with most of the rankings (no, I didn't look at the bottom few) but some don't pass the smell test. Ian Brown 2nd at 157 but Joey Galasso, a former finalist, 10th? Gordon Wolf only 6th at 165? Thor Jakobsen 2nd at 197 but Ben Honis 6th? (To be fair, the 197 deck will probably be re-shuffled repeatedly before Easterns).

Galasso isn't even the starter anymore. I'm not sure where to put Santoro but he's earned his way past Galasso.

I'm not sure what to do at 197 for Cornell. Koll has a tough choice going forward for starter, but with Caywood behind Honis this is a very hard weight to rank for EIWA.
Cornell '92
ugarte
Expert

Return to EIWA